I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

I purchased a Business License but every endpoint I try to connect to gives me the "Commercial Use Detected" Msg.

Yes I am using it Commercially but I purchased a license. Why doesnt it reconize this?

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi bob1285,

in this Knowledge Base article you can find out how to activate your Business-license on your devices: How to activate Business license

You just need the license on one side of the connection to have a licensed connection. This should solve the issue for you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• bob1285
    bob1285 Posts: 2

I do have a business license on one pc but when I try to access an endpoint pc it gives me message "commercial  use detected and will boot me off after 5mins

Please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to solve this issue.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @bob1285

Please make sure, that you are using the same TeamViewer version on both devices accordingly to the license version you are having.

For example: If your Business-license is valid for TeamViewer 10, please use TeamViewer 10 on your device and the endpoint. If your Business-license is valid for TeamViewer 9, please use TeamViewer 9 on your device and the endpoint. And so on.

If you would like to work with TeamViewer 12, you can update your license in our webshop.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager