Install TeamViewer HOST with MSI Remote Users

Hello,

I am looking for the Holy Grail, a way to install the MSI silently, pushed out via tool, but not able to run the assignment tool. Is there any to push out the MSI to all and have it associate with our organization?

Registry keys via Group Policy or some other means?

The end users do not have admin rights.

Thanks for any help.

I have tried installing with the hoistviewer-idc<orgid>.msi , replacing <orgid> with our actual ID.

Comments

• James_IT
    James_IT Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have been trying this but found the MSI a pain to use rather than the EXE version, I created a batch script to run the EXE installer silently, then also run the account assignment tool etc. Below is my script (edited to remove personal details) and I pushed this out to machines using a bit of software called "BatchPatch" which works surprisingly well, it can copy the entire installation directory over, run all the commands below and then after it completes delete the installation directory (or leave it if you choose)

##### Installation Script ####
    @echo OFF

reg Query "HKLM\Hardware\Description\System\CentralProcessor\0" | find /i "x86" > NUL && set OS=32BIT || set OS=64BIT

if %OS%==32BIT GOTO CHECK32
    if %OS%==64BIT GOTO CHECK64

:CHECK32
    if exist "C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Uninstall.exe" GOTO REMOVE32 ELSE GOTO INSTALL32

:REMOVE32
    "C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\uninstall.exe" /S
    IF %OS%==32BIT GOTO INSTALL32
    IF %OS%==64BIT GOTO CHECK64PART2

:INSTALL32
    "C:\Temp\TeamViewer_Host_Setup-idcXXXXXX.exe" /S
    "C:\Temp\TeamViewer_Assignment.exe" -apitoken XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -alloweasyaccess=true -datafile "C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json" -devicealias "${COMPUTERNAME}" -wait=3 -verbose > C:\TV12Installed.log
    del "%Public%\Desktop\TeamViewer*.lnk"
    regedit /s "C:\Temp\HidePopup32.reg"
    GOTO COMPLETE

:CHECK64
    if exist "C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Uninstall.exe" GOTO REMOVE32 ELSE GOTO CHECK64PART2

:CHECK64PART2
    if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Uninstall.exe" GOTO REMOVE64 ELSE GOTO INSTALL64

:REMOVE64
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\uninstall.exe" /S
    GOTO INSTALL64

:INSTALL64
    "C:\Temp\TeamViewer_Host_Setup-idcxxxxxx.exe" /S
    "C:\Temp\TeamViewer_Assignment.exe" -apitoken XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -alloweasyaccess=true -datafile "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json" -devicealias "${COMPUTERNAME}" -wait=3 -verbose > C:\TV12Installed.log
    del "%Public%\Desktop\TeamViewer*.lnk"
    regedit /s "C:\Temp\HidePopup.reg"
    GOTO COMPLETE

:COMPLETE
    exit /b %ERRORLEVEL%
    #### End of script ####