Ipad - Pc Some blank area

2»

Answers

• Wil33z
    Wil33z Posts: 10 ✭✭

Hi Scotty.

Thanks for your reply.

Have given "kudo" as asked.

I still think that the app store previews are misleading. Who has a 4:3 monitor nowadays? but that is what has been chosen to represent the app in the preview screen. Not one shot of it operating on a remote with a 16:9 screen. A far more honest way of representing the app would be to preview a screen with the most common resolution. Which would certainly be 16:9.

You can force other resolutions with the 'best fit feature'. I fail to see the difference between forcing a resolution that fits the remote side screen or not. Either way you are changing the resolution. Again, if it is an issue of not wanting the remote side to look bad and that is stopping the feature, perhaps you could only allow the force change of resolution if the show black screen on remote computer feature is selected. Then they wouldnt see the changed resolution anyhow.

Thanks

Andrew

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Andrew,

Honestly, I believe (I am not a developer) is we don't force the resolutions at all. We simply tell the remote system to switch to one of the already available resolutions. This is why the same resolutions are not always available in the software.

Forcing a resolution requires more programming. This is why force resolution changing programs are even a thing.

And to be honest, of course the pictures in the app page are going to be of full screen. Because it obviously does look better, is possible and was created by a marketing team. Check out Apples page on watching videos on their devices - I don't remember "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2" being in 4:3.

This is also why we give 7 day satisfaction periods on all purchases and you can try the software free before even buying. A picture tells a thousand words, but an experience speaks volumes.

As I have said, I have put this to development as a feature request, but I can't force this change or promise it will be implemented.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • jwilt
    jwilt Posts: 1

Unfortunately you’re mistaken. Open keyboard, close keyboard, screen is broken. follow the images.

*External Links Removed By Moderator*

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi jwilt,

I am not mistaken. Your topic is not the same as this one.

You can see in the screenshots above that the users remote screens are a different ratio to their iPad screen. This is apparent as the screen has the correct width but not height.

In your case, the screen starts displayed correctly but no longer fills the screen after opening and closing the keyboard.

I would suggest you start a new thread.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • lilpp187
    lilpp187 Posts: 1

so on my ipad i have this 2" of screed thats just black its not affecting the program i was just wondering can i largen the display to fit on my ipad???