Posted by emran
Digon

Is Teamviewer Blocked Iranian IP addresses?

Hello,

Starting today most of the Iranian users and journals report that the teamviewer blocked all of IP addresses related to iran to use their services. I have also got the problem and all of my Teamviewers on all pcs deactivated and could not connect to the server anymore.

But, My question is whether the issue is from the teamviewer or just blocked by the iranian goverment? and if the cause is from the teamviewer please explain why this happened and why it was not banned before and what happened to the world leads the teamviewer decided to stop servicing to their users in iran now?

10 Replies
10 Replies
Posted by ameer
Photon

Re: Is Teamviewer Blocked Iranian IP addresses?

Hi, the answer is simple and short. Just visit teamviewer.com from Iranian IP and you'll face this message:

TeamViewer does not provide sales, service, or support of any kind to countries that would cause TeamViewer to violate the export provisions of the European Union or the United States or if this is in any way prohibited in accordance with the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU or with U.S. export law.
Posted by msgol
Photon

The empire strikes again....
Very well... Time to put on our c++ hats folks Smiley Very Happy
Thank you Teamviewer for all these years of service.

Posted by emran
Digon

Is anybody from teamviewer staff could answer me that why this issue happened to us now?!

I'm still waiting for a clear answer......

Posted by IgImAx
Henagon

Hi Dear TeamViewer !

I am an old user of your products from Iran. I sent you an email at first day you block Iranian access to your web site and ask you to unblock it and respect human rights! (As many Germany companies do, like Avira and...)

Unfortunately now! It seems you went one more step back! again!!! This time you block Iranians' access to your great remote control app! I cannot tell you guys, How many times I used your app to help others throughout these years and how many time I spread good words about your products via internet or direct contact with other users.

Please reconsider your position on blocking issue on the Iranians or any other people on this earth! After all, We all here only for a short while, Is it the right way to respect and behave with each other?

Regards

IgImAx

Posted by S-A
Henagon

It also would be great if you post a notice at least a week before you block people. I had left some stuff on my computer in US, and traveled to IRAN, and was confident that I can access my computer anytime with TeamViewer. Here we are now... 

Posted by ITPro
Henagon

Hi

Well! We all should say something right away when TeamViewer showed us this message on their web site:

TeamViewer Blocking Iranians Access.pngTeamViewer does not provide sales, service, or support of any kind to countries that would cause TeamViewer to violate the export provisions of the European Union or the United States or if this is in any way prohibited in accordance with the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU or with U.S. export law.

I sent an email via 'FeedBack' item of the TeamViewer app main menu to them at same day I saw above message and ask them to get our access back! But no reply I got from them!

Now it's getting worse! I have over 30 ppl in my TeamViewer that most of them are from my Families or friends that need my Help time to time. I do not know how I can do it now!?

Dear TeamViewer stuff!!!
Your www.teamviewer.com web site is blocked on Iranians!
Your application is Blocked on Iranians!
Could you please tell me what's wrong thing I did that I deserved to punish like this!? (Not only me! But those who used my help via your great app in all of these years!!?)

Please change your policy!

Thanks!

Posted by shar
Photon

there is no active or "new" policy/sanction prohibiting teamviewer from conducting business in Iran.

This is an elective decesion made by teamviewer for no reason.

the text says it all "or if this is in any way prohibited in ....",

meaning we don't even know if this is prohibited but we felt like it.

among all the companies who have an online presence and provide online services in iran (Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc..), teamviewer had to be the only one to stand tall and block iran.

not even an advace warning.

Well, 85 million people will remember.

What a great business model and perspective.

they don't realize all it takes, is to just google "teamviewer alternatives".

Posted by emran
Digon

Is anybody from teamviewer could answer this topic?

There must be an acceptable reason that leads the teamviewer to blocking us and we still do not know what is that!

Anyway I wont stop till getting an answer and I am asking from you guys here that have the same problem as me to keep this topic Alive until we hear something from them. keep it up guys!!

Posted by Mayors
Electron

Why would we waste our time arguing why Team viewer blocked us in iran? im iranian also and i had lots of work with teamviewer and since teamviewer blocked and i found out last night i started to look for a alternative and i found AnyDesk , i can't believe how faster it is than teamviewer and I thanks to teamviewer that made me look for such a fast and greater one that i found.

Posted by emran
Digon

still looking for a reasonable answer