Is icinitlog.txt related to TeamViewer for Windows 10?

Hi,

Once a week (Sunday morning), when I start Windows 10, right after the desktop appears I get a popup asking me to open a txt file.  The file is in C:\Users and is simply named john.txt.  The contents of the file is:

C:\Users\John Blaustein\AppData\Local\Temp\invF7BA_tmp Blaustein\AppData\Local\Temp\invF7BA_tmp\icinitlog.txt

If I do nothing and reboot, the same popup appears.  If I delete the file from C:\Users, the popup is gone, but only for one week.  Then it appears again and the file is there again.  When I look in AppData, I can't find the file.

Is this file related to TeamView?  If so, is there a way to stop the popup from appearing once a week?

Thank you for any help with this.

John

Best Answer

Answers

• johnblaustein
    johnblaustein Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi Ying_Q....

I'm pleased to know this is not related to TeamViewer.  Thank you for confirming that.

John

• Hi

I had the same issue the last few mornings at boot up - and it is annoying tbh so decided to track down the cause.

I realise that this thread has been resolved - although just as it is not a TV issue, but though i would post up how i fixed it should any else Google search and land on this forum, as there are not many answers out there in Googleland.

I found that this file containing the  icinitlog.txt path was placed in the startup folder. If you are happy that your PC is not infected - ie run security software scans, then when the pc boots and you have the "how do you want to open this file" prompt - open the file using notepad, keep a note of the path.

in my case it was C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\inv2353_tmp xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\inv2353_tmp\icinitlog.txt

Press ctrl, alt, delete for taskmanager, click on the startup tab and inspect the startup items, you my find a simple text file with your name on it or a few as in my case. Right click and open location, also you can right click the file properties to see which app it is related to.

Delete the file from startup (type Shell:Startup in a run box or search) and also if the application that it tracks back to is unwanted then uninstall.

In my case I  found that these 2 name files in the startup (one enabled, one disabled) related to online meeting apps Starleaf and BlueJeans, the one that was causing the problem was BlueJeans, which i beleive recently had an update - I rarely use it so i have removed from the pc.

Hope this helps.