Is this possible? Remote control that disables mouse for the computer I'm controlling the computer?

Announcements

We launched a new Blizz version. Check out the new features here.

Posted by djtuner13
Electron

Is this possible? Remote control that disables mouse for the computer I'm controlling the computer?

Ok so my daughter might be on the computer and I need to grab a file while I'm at work away from the computer. I cant seem to figure out where a setting might be that lets me control the computer while I am away from it, while locking out my daughter so she has to wait till I am done with the computer. She likes to close out of the program I am trying to get to while I am on. (she's playing roblox and doesn't want to wait 1 minute ) Example, disabling her (the home main computer) mouse while i am using it. Anythought would be great! I did a bunch of searching nothing seem to be asked like this or I couldn't find the right wording! Cheers David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by richardfse
Henagon
Solution

Re: Is this possible? Remote control that disables mouse for the computer I'm controlling the computer?

Hi djtuner13,

Not sure if I read this correctly but you can disable their PC. If you go to "Actions">"Disable Remote Input" this should prevent them from being able to conrtol the PC while that box is ticked.

I might be wrong but give it a go!

remote input.png

1 Reply
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by richardfse
Henagon
Solution

Re: Is this possible? Remote control that disables mouse for the computer I'm controlling the computer?

Hi djtuner13,

Not sure if I read this correctly but you can disable their PC. If you go to "Actions">"Disable Remote Input" this should prevent them from being able to conrtol the PC while that box is ticked.

I might be wrong but give it a go!

remote input.png

1 Reply
Posted by djtuner13
Electron

Yeahhh! Thank you! I never thought about checking the setting from my work computer thank you, I thought I had to allow it in preferences/options first! Your a wizard!