Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by aleonc
Henagon

Limit of TeamViewer installation has been reached

I have just purchase a business license and I am getting an error when I try to log in to my account: "Install limit reached. With your edition, you may use TeamViewer only on a limited number of devices. Please either deactivate an existing install in your account settings or upgrade to a higher edition."

I have never found this error with my previous free account... strange

Anyway, when I go to my profile/License I can see that I have only one instalation and 7 remains. Why I can't use Teamviewer at any other device???  Any help?

Thanks in advance

Álvaro

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Limit of TeamViewer installation has been reached

Hi @aleonc

The Business license can only be used from up to 3 devices.

So the license follows your account and when you sign in, the license is applied to that device. So this means you can only sign in and use the license from 3 devices.

This is not a restriction of the free license. The restriction of the free license is that it cannot be used for commercial use.

You can see more information on the activation process here

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
1 Reply
Posted by wchupin
Henagon

Re: Limit of TeamViewer installation has been reached

So, you actually discourage people from paying for your software? I wanted to support you, and purchased the Business licence, and now I can't even check the state of my four coumputers at home (mine own personal laptop, my wife's, an old laptop through which a printer is connected, and a stationary game PC). Plus a phone, from which I could check what's happening at home, and now it says go to **bleep**, the limit of installations is reached. It looks like you don't need money at all?