Loosing connection when switching Windows Users

Hello all,

We have a remote computer running Windows 10 and with 3 users created.

One of the users is a standard Windows account and the other 2 are Administrator accounts.

We connect to the Standard account and try to switch to one of the administrator accounts, but when we do so, we lose connection to Teamviewer. And the only way to get it back, is if there is someone physically on the other end to log back into the standard account.

We believe we have set Teamviewer to run as a service, but this still happens. Any idea?

Best Answer

Answers

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear TakeTheWind,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please check the security settings on the host side?!

The windows logon should be allowed as follows:

Windows_logon.jpg

Hope this will help! 

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • TakeTheWind
    TakeTheWind Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello Reyhan,

I checked and we have the option "Allowed for all users" selected. So that shouldn't be the issue, right? Or should we select "for administrators only"?

• TakeTheWind
    TakeTheWind Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yes, that would be the last step, but it's a bit harder to arrange, due to the device being located abroad so I can't be on the spot to uninstall and re-install Teamviewer.

I'll try to coordinate with someone on the other end.

Thank you.

• losdudechris
    losdudechris Posts: 2 ✭✭

This is happening to us as well, with the latest version of TeamViewer installed.

• erfan9
    erfan9 Posts: 1

Same here. Multiple users of which several are admins. I am not. I can set up remote connection when logged in to my account, but cannot log in when have switched user and am at the users login page. Have Teamviewer 12 installed on both machines. Must I have the connection allowances set to administrators only? Would I be able to log on then?

• Biroplast
    Biroplast Posts: 4 ✭✭

Has anyone been able to solve this mistake?

• This is happening to us as well, with the latest version of TeamViewer installed.
  • Seems to be still an issue in July 2020. Is there a solution?

• Hector_Paredes
    Hector_Paredes Posts: 1

Hello all,

We start to have the same problem in our connections, does someone find a solution ?

• prometheus2010
    prometheus2010 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello all,

It was working fine for the last couple of years, but now I had to install my relatives' computers (believe it or not, the insisted on Windows 7; they are very old and don't want to change!) - and using the latest TV versions I end up having precisely the issues described above.

TV looses connection upon logging off from Windows on the remote computer (remoter computer status and TV status both confirmed as ON). (We are not using Windows credential to auto log on but separate passwords). This is super-annoying, because the only way to come back is to phone the other (abroad!) side up and make them log into the computer, and then remote access is re-gained. This is independent of the Windows logon setting in the TV options and it is independent of whether or not the user has administrator rights (irrespective on whether on host or remoter computers).

Can anyone help solve this please?

Many thanks in advance,

prometheus2010

• Brandon_K3232
    Brandon_K3232 Posts: 1

Use the actions button on the top menu bar> Click Reboot. Then check selections for reconnecting after reboot. This will successfully allow you to switch profiles.

• JStutts
    JStutts Posts: 1

Experiencing this issue on multiple systems after upgrading them silently from version 12.x to 15.40.x Changing the windows logon selection does not seem to make a difference. system is normally logged on as the local user, then when attempting to switch to the Administrative windows user the session immediately disconnects. i've checked everything as well as manully re-installing while phycally at the machine. i did find that updating from 12.x to 15.27.x seems to not have the issue, but as soon as the version is updated to current it reappears. occasionally we can log onto another restricted admin user account but it always fails when trying to go from either to the administrative user account. ***Note the windows logon screen with the administrative user does load locally but the remote user is disconnected by then. so the staff member has to cancel and login again as the local user.

VERY VERY VERY annoying i have 2k+ plus systems that need to be updated and a fix applied to this!!!!!!!