Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by TakeTheWind
Digon

Loosing connection when switching Windows Users

Hello all,

We have a remote computer running Windows 10 and with 3 users created.

One of the users is a standard Windows account and the other 2 are Administrator accounts.

We connect to the Standard account and try to switch to one of the administrator accounts, but when we do so, we lose connection to Teamviewer. And the only way to get it back, is if there is someone physically on the other end to log back into the standard account.

We believe we have set Teamviewer to run as a service, but this still happens. Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: RE: Loosing connection when switching Windows Users

@TakeTheWind

Thank you for your fast reply. This setting allows logon for all users,  your guess is right.

It's sounds like a problem with the service.
Could you please try to install TeamViewer again, on the admin account with admin rights?

Please keep me informed if i can be of any further assistance.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
4 Replies
8 Replies
Senior Moderator

RE: Loosing connection when switching Windows Users

Dear TakeTheWind,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please check the security settings on the host side?!

The windows logon should be allowed as follows:

Windows_logon.jpg

Hope this will help! 

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by TakeTheWind
Digon

Hello Reyhan,

I checked and we have the option "Allowed for all users" selected. So that shouldn't be the issue, right? Or should we select "for administrators only"?

Highlighted
Senior Moderator
Solution

@TakeTheWind

Thank you for your fast reply. This setting allows logon for all users,  your guess is right.

It's sounds like a problem with the service.
Could you please try to install TeamViewer again, on the admin account with admin rights?

Please keep me informed if i can be of any further assistance.

Reyhan
4 Replies
Posted by TakeTheWind
Digon

Yes, that would be the last step, but it's a bit harder to arrange, due to the device being located abroad so I can't be on the spot to uninstall and re-install Teamviewer.

I'll try to coordinate with someone on the other end.

Thank you.

Posted by losdudechris
Henagon

This is happening to us as well, with the latest version of TeamViewer installed.

Posted by erfan9
Photon

Same here. Multiple users of which several are admins. I am not. I can set up remote connection when logged in to my account, but cannot log in when have switched user and am at the users login page. Have Teamviewer 12 installed on both machines. Must I have the connection allowances set to administrators only? Would I be able to log on then?

Posted by Biroplast
Henagon

Has anyone been able to solve this mistake?

Posted by BiroplastBP
Digon

Re: Loosing connection when switching Windows Users

This is happening to us as well, with the latest version of TeamViewer installed.