Lost recovery code

Hi team, 

I have lost my recovery code and my mfa. I dont think there is a way around this other than getting in touch with you guys? Our company Admin said there wasnt much they can do either.

Your help is appreciated. 
Thanks

Regards, 
Kevin 

Credit Sense

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

@Animesh

There are two options you can follow to get you started again:

If you own a professional TeamViewer license:

• Please contact our support via phone, they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

If you are using the free version of TeamViewer:

• You can create for free a new account: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#register 
    • If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.
    • As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

Community Manager

Answers

• Animesh
    Animesh Posts: 0

I lost my recovery code . Kindly help getting it back

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

@Animesh

• Please contact our support via phone, they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

• You can create for free a new account: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#register 
    • If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.
    • As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

Community Manager

• Duythuong
    Duythuong Posts: 0

i used to use 2 step auth but now i change iPhone. Now i dont have QR code and recovery key. How can I reset it?

• rhayman
    rhayman Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Good morning,

A few days ago this option in Temviewer stopped sending me a push notice to my approved device on all of the PC’s I remote into.

I removed my device on all of my remote PC’s thinking it was a temporary issue.

But the problem has lasted for several days now.

I tried deleting and re-adding my approved device. But that didn’t help.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there an issue on your end?

Thank you. 

Robert L.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• hzp90
    hzp90 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

If I forgot my recover code and can not log in so how can I delete my account?

• bperez77
    bperez77 Posts: 1

My phone recently broke and I unfortunately lost access to my 2FA method via the authenticator app. Additionally, I forgot to record my recovery codes. I've read a few other discussions on the forums and my understanding is that the only way to reset the account is to delete it completely and then re-register. Can I request to have my account deleted completely?

• Raveen
    Raveen Posts: 1

The previous authenticator app was reset and the backup was deleted. I do not even have team viewer recover codes. How do I recover it?

• Tiny_Tyman
    Tiny_Tyman Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello,

I am in need of some assistance. When I configured my TeamViewer account some time ago, for the sake of security, I enabled 2 Factor using Google Authenticator. Today, while using my Google Authenticator, I had it glitch up on me, in which it was showing duplicates of my account codes. When I tried to clear out those duplicates, I ended up losing the 2 factor code that goes to my TeamViewer account. I do have my recovery code fortunately, but apparently to disable my 2 Factor, I have to already have the code to enter in.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! I would prefer to not have to make a new account account all over again.

Thanks,

Tyler J Turnbull

• I lost my two-factor authentication recovery code.

Is there any way to solve this?

No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find it.

• I was trying to set up a laptop for unattended access, and it asked for a 6-digit code. I don't remember setting up for 2FA, and none of my authenticators have TeamViewer listed. When I say I can't access the code, it asked for a Recovery Code, something else I don't have.

I tried to set up 2FA using Google Authenticator, but it says it can read the code that is displayed.

Is there any way I can save this account, or am I going to have to abandon it and start all over with a different email account?

• darknetcs
    darknetcs Posts: 1

Hi

My phone crashed and whipped all my 2FA codes, also I've lost all my data on my NAS where I kept my recovery codes (well just my luck), now while I'm still logged in to TeamViewer on my main computer I can log into Management Console, but cannot obtain recovery codes, as they are locked behind 2FA, nor cannot deactivate 2FA for same reason. Can anyone advise me what to do please?

• My account apparently has two factor authentication on it. I'm afraid that my account might have been compromised, since I've only got one authenticator app and team viewer isn't on it. I doubt it's possible that I set it up, but even if I did, I don't have access to it or a backup code. Is there any support option to sign into my account, or am I forced to make a new account?

• James7856
    James7856 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I forgot where to get my security code and tried to sign in with my recovery code. But it doesn't work. How can I get back to my account? Thanks!

• Good morning,

I have lost access to the OTP code needed to log into my TeamViewer account. How can I reset two-factor authentication to log back into my account?

• cdwilkins1
    cdwilkins1 Posts: 1

I need to remove MFA from my account. Due to this being tied to Google Auth and not having access to that app on another device, and the device having been wiped I can no longer log into my account.

• Reshans
    Reshans Posts: 1
    edited April 2022

• Mrrazorb
    Mrrazorb Posts: 0
    edited July 2022

Desperate need of turning off two factor auth, i do not have my security code as it was stored along with my authenticator on a phone that was destroyed.

Want to remove and then reinstall it.

Please help

• Hello all,

Hoping someone can help!

So I have the basic version of team viewer. I had an authenticator app set up on my phone to sign into my account. My phone is lost and there was no backup of the authenticator info - something I will definitely be setting in in the future! When I try to login from home i'm asked for this code but I don't have it nor do I have a recovery code!

Luckily, I have another remote desktop app running on the PC I am trying to access, so I can open an active session of team viewer and the management console, but obviously if I logout I will lose access. Therefore, however how do I set up another authenticator app on the account to regain access if I don't know the 6 digit code I'm being asked for the deactivate the 2 factor setting:

"Please enter your security code to deactivate two factor authentication for your account."

"The security code needs to be six digits"

I wasn't aware I had a 6 digit code... so i'm stuck!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rich

• JeanK

Hi @RichyRich2000,

Indeed, there will be no workaround, even though you have an open session; as you correctly said, the system will ask you for the code, even for the deactivation of 2-factor authentication.

• Please contact our support via phone; they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

/JeanK

Community Manager

• TechClint
    TechClint Posts: 1 ✭✭

I cannot access my account anymore as I do not have access to my authenticator that was setup. I need to either remove the authenticator or delete my account.

• ihf
    ihf Posts: 6 ✭✭

I no longer have my 2FA key nor my backup codes. Is there a way to have the account deleted so that I can start over?

• JeanK

Hi @ihf,

Indeed, as explained above, you can have your account deleted so you can start over.

If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.

Have a great day,

/JeanK

Community Manager