No Connection To Partner

2»

Answers

• dn1
    dn1 Posts: 1
    My solution involves getting someone to manually run teamviewer on the remote computer, get past the UAC screen if it pops up, then it works fine while teamviewer is active. I tried removing UAC The only real working solution seems to be to downgrade back to version 11.
  • I just force quit TV and started it back up and all is well.  Maybe something in memory was hanging up.

• Disable ipv6 con client and server computers.

• kyoq
    kyoq Posts: 2

I have tested TV v12 on:
    -Ubuntu 17.10
    -elementary OS
    - Fedora

It all gives the same result (translated from Polish)
    Partner is not connected to router
    Error Code: WaitforConnectFailed

It is a pity that TV is not that much supported under Linux.

It works on win7 & 10 on the same hardware.

EDIT: Under mint with kernel 4.10.0-38 it worked once and now it is the same. Like something was updated and it stopped working.

• I finally found the fix for my particular problem by logging in with XOrg vice Wayland.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/961304/how-do-you-switch-from-wayland-back-to-xorg-in-ubuntu-17-10

I had to log off the session, select my username, then the gear shows up. Select Ubuntu XOrg, put in password and log back in. Re-attempted to connect to PC from my phone, and bam, it worked. There is some explination about why on askubuntu, but I just know it worked for me. 

• CaroS
    CaroS Posts: 1

Yes, this worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

• kyoq
    kyoq Posts: 2

Hi,

This also worked for me. But isn't it a workaround rather than a fix?
    When could we expect an updated working version?

BR

Adam

• Getting the older version worked for me. Thanks so much. :)

@OaklandMike wrote:

I downgraded to version 11 and it's working fine for me now.

Here's the previous versions link: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

• My only work around is to connect to my router (flashed w/ddwrt and internet facing via ssh) remotely and reboot it. Then I can make a connection inbound again to the devices (specifically in this case a win10 desktop) in that network. Don't seem to remember this error before teamviewer v12.

• Abestr
    Abestr Posts: 3
    I have this issue since last week, connecting to my TV 13, I did restart and it worked a few times, and now again I can't connect, it shows online but I'm getting the error of no connection to router, I also have another desktop on same network same router with separate TV account and it does work, so it's not a router issue.
  • JimWh
    JimWh Posts: 1

This sometimes occurs for me when I use Windows to direct the remote PC to Restart via the Windows Start button.  The PC hangs up before completing the shutdown.  When the problem occurs I can expect to see "Connecting to Partner" briefly before the "Ready to Connect" status message returns.  Eventually the PC reaches the point that it reports the WaitforConnect Failed message.  I have to get someone at the remote location 1.  to shut the PC down -- if necessary by pressing the power off switch and waiting a few seconds before pressing the switch again to power the PC on, and 2. sometimes I have to also ask that the router be rebooted.  One or both of these actions (taken seqentially) has so far been sufficient for my needs.  Perhaps a Net User command script (to run remotely on another PC on the network) would direct the PC to restart. Then, if that isn't sufficient, using remote administration of the router at the remote location (again through another PC on the same network) would allow the router to be rebooted without anyone helping at the remote location.

• DFWKen
    DFWKen Posts: 12 ✭✭

STill happening for me trying to connect to either of two computers at a client's site over a thousand miles away.   We've tried booting the remote computers.  We've tried updating their QuickSupport to TV14.  I've tried TV 11 and TV 14 on my end (I have a paid subscription).  Nothing is helping and my client is losing confidence in me because of it.  It's out of my control!

Need help.  

• melvin4u
    melvin4u Posts: 1

I had the same issue too. I started noticing this after I installed xrdp. Uninstalling it and restarting the machine fixed it 

sudo apt remove xrdp

• There are many reasons that become the cause of Partner did not connect to router error. The can probably be Network connection is triggering the problem, The newest TeamViewer version is not supported by one (or both) computer, Microsoft Store Teamviewer application is buggy and many other reasons. Here for the sake of users’ convenience, we have some solutions to resolve this issue.

1) Downgrading to an old version:
    i). To do it tap Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box, write “appwiz.cpl”, tap Enter to start the Programs and Features menu. You will find many more solutions by tapping https://appuals.com/fix-partner-did-not-connect-to-router-in-teamviewer/
    ii). AS second step Inside the option of Programs and Features, find the TeamViewer installation, right-click and press on the option named Uninstall.
    iii). Then go for the commands that are on the screen and reboot your system.
    iv). Now in the next startup go for the page of previous versions, tap on the Version labeled 11.X tab, tap on TeamViewer to download the installation executable.
    v). As second last step go for the install commands to install the previous version on both systems.
    vi). At the end reboot both systems and re-create the connection. This would probably fix the error.

2) Utilizing the Teamviewer desktop application on both computers:
    i). In the start download TeamViewer button to begin the download of the installation executable.
    ii). After the downloading process completes open the installation executable (TeamViewer_Setup.exe) and go for the commands that pop up on the screen to finish the installation.
    iii). As third step tap Yes to grant administrative privileges when stressed by the UAC. iv). At the end when the desktop version of TeamViewer is installed on both systems, restart both and check if the issue has been resolved.

• SGI-
    SGI- Posts: 1

Same issue here.  Both PC's on TV.14.  Uninstalled, reinstalled several times.  Attempted both plugging in ID and password and using the Session Code - Invite option.  Turned off Windows Firewall for all networks.  This user is several hours away so I cannot get physical access to his PC.  **Third Party Product** works, which is how I can work on his PC, but I need to get TV working.  Any ideas for fixing would be greatly appreciated.

• mayank5
    mayank5 Posts: 1

I logged out of and logged back in to all my devices and it got fixed

• Grace_5
    Grace_5 Posts: 1

I have been battling this problem since a recent teamviewer update.

Going to try this and hope for the best.

Has anyone tried this solution?

• Dan808
    Dan808 Posts: 1

I've been watching this error for a few years and so far teamviewer has not fixed this issue.  It seems like the teamviewer service running on the remote pc is in a bad state.  I haven't tried it but it may be possible to restart the teamviewer service.  Last night one pc I was working on got this issue so I came up with an alternative.  Using a python script running on the remote pc, it checks a webserver for a certain file.  If the file exists, reboot the local pc.  It isn't elegant but it works for my purpose.

• nigelk
    nigelk Posts: 1

I've had this issue for so long. I highly recommend changing to the app Ammyy. The only feature lacking is a mobile app. Good luck to you all