No control on remote compluter

Highlighted
Posted by PCPeony
Henagon

No control on remote compluter

Strange issue. When I connect to a remote Win8 laptop, I can close the side TeamViewer window and minimize the top TeamViewer bar, but I cannot do anything else on the computer. I have no control of open windows, my curser seems useless.  Can anyone suggest a solution to this?  We both have TeamViewer V12

4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by Chiron
Hexagon

Re: No control on remote compluter

Is your mouse useless on your computer and the remote computer?

Does your keyboard work at all? Try pressing the Windows Key to open the Start Menu.

Do you have this problem if you connect to a different computer?

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
Posted by PCPeony
Henagon

Mouse works fine on my desktop. Just cannot operate on remote laptop. Can it be an issue with that remote machine?
Posted by PCPeony
Henagon

My mouse works fine on my computer. I do not have TeamViewer set up on another computer at the moment. I'm wondering if there could be an issue with the remote laptop?
I do not have another computer set up with TeamViewer at the moment to test.
Posted by Chiron
Hexagon

There are some security settings that could behave the way you are describing. They are buried a bit.

Remote computer

Options > Advanced > Scroll to Advanced settings for connections to this computer > Access Control : Custom Settings > Configure > Control the remote TeamViewer : After Confirmation or Denied.

Your computer

Options > Advanced > Scroll to Advanced settings for connections to other computers > Access Control : Custom Settings > Configure > Control the remote TeamViewer : After Confirmation or Denied.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.