OS X Whitelist Error

I'm trying to setup TV12 on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra). I want to setup a whitelist that contains only my account. When I select my account from the list of contacts, I get an error that says "Please ensure to enter a valid e-mail address if you want to add a contact. The following entries are invalid: <My Account>"

I can only assume that it's possible to add my own account as the sole whitelisted contact, since my account is listed in the list of contacts to choose from, and I know my account has an email address associated with it (don't all accounts?) and that email address is confirmed with TV. Is it possible to whitelist myself and block all others?

Best Answer

Answers

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi hleumas,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to whitelist your TeamViewer account and block all others. :smileyhappy:

First please make sure, that you have added yourself as contact in your computer & contact list.

For whitelisting please choose "Allow access only for the following IDs and partners" --> Add

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.42.04.jpg

Now you could add your TeamViewer Account (as contact) from your C&C list

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.44.45.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.45.18.jpg

Your account name is added to the whitelist. Access on this device is only possible by sign in and authorization with your account credentials.

PLEASE NOTE!
    If you like to delete whitelist, please remove first all entries and than change to "Deny access for the following IDs and partners. Then you can confirm with OK.

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.46.24.jpg

Otherwise you will receive the following message:

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.45.43.jpg

I hope, this is helpful.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • hleumas
    hleumas Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, those are the exact steps I am taking, but I get the error noted in the original post.

list.JPGwhitelisted.JPGerror.JPG

• hleumas
    hleumas Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am able to add my email address successfully. When added manually, the whitelist functions normally. 

• I have the exact same issue as the OP in my Macbook, and entering the email address manually worked.  I'd like to monitor when this bug will be fixed - is there a place to report/monitor status of bugs?  I'd like to add when I set the same thing up in Windows 10 today, just clicking on my account worked; there were no errors and I did not have to manually enter my email.