Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Highlighted
Posted by digitalsky
Digon

Password field in Computers & Contacts -> Properties

New user here.  I'm trying to go through different options to ensure I have a secured account.  I'm using TeamViewer to access my own unattended computers remotely, and do not plan to allow anyone else to connect to my computers.

In my home computer, I have assigned the client to my TeamViewer account.  I also went to Extras->Options->Security to remove my "Personal password" and "Grant <my account> easy access".  I disabled Random password as well.

However, when I go to the "Computers & Contacts", click on the down arrow beside my computer (the one I'm actually on), select the top right settings icon -> properties, I still see the password filled out there.  Is that password not the personal password?  Or is it just a place to save any permanent passwords associated with listed computers so you don't have to type it every time you connect?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Erha-ah
Trigon
Solution

Re: Password field in Computers & Contacts -> Properties

Or is it just a place to save any permanent passwords associated with listed computers so you don't have to type it every time you connect

As far as I know, that is exactly what that password field is. :)

1 Reply
Posted by Erha-ah
Trigon
Solution

Re: Password field in Computers & Contacts -> Properties

Or is it just a place to save any permanent passwords associated with listed computers so you don't have to type it every time you connect

As far as I know, that is exactly what that password field is. :)