Playing Video/Audio on a remote client

Hi all,

Is there a way to see a playback of Video/Audio content from a remote client? For example, I want to login to a remote client and play a movie (e.g. using VLC player) on the host PC I logged in from.

When I tried this the movie plays ok, but I don't get any sound on my PC, the sound is played only on the remote PC.

I have checked the settings in the Teamviewer manus and can see "Computer Sound" is checked on.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi klauzja,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

I was able to test the scenario you described connecting from a Windows 10 desktop to a Windows 10 laptop. I was able to open VLC on the remote computer (laptop) and play a new video. 

The sound was transmitted from the remote computer to the local computer with no problems.

That said please be sure the option to play Computer Sounds and Music is selected on both computers. 

2017-01-16 16_26_48-TeamViewer video.png

In addition you can check to make sure that you have the latest version of TeamViewer on both computers.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jonathan

• The issue for me was that TeamViewer 12 by default is set to use the "Default Communication Device" for the Speakers in the Voice Playback section of Settings for Audio Conferencing. So I changed the drop-down to my actual speakers. Alternatively, I could have changed the default communications device to my speakers in the Windows 10 control panel Sound properties.

• I have this check box ticked, still facing the same issue. Any help?

• toyomaz
    toyomaz Posts: 3

Face same issue here with two windows 10 machines

• stevedonato
    stevedonato Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited July 2023

I have just retried teamviewer (I gave up on it 3+ years ago @ release 13 & 14) now with the current release 15 I still do not get any sound on the remote PC, for years now? I see others say they get sound but I do not know anybody where the sound works on the remote PC .is there some sort of setting in Team viewer or the remote PC where you have to set something like 'remote speakers'? or am I missing something. I'm accessing windows 10 from Linux Mint 22. I have also asked this question via email to the team going back to releas 13 of team viewer but I never got an answer. some say it works how can I prove it? Do you have a PC I can dial into and test it?

**Third Party Product**  has NO problem with sound (yes a completely different product). From the software programing point of view however, captureing video and sound from a remote PC over the internet should be pretty much the same reguardless of the APP. So what is it? I still see many people complaining about teamviewer and no sound at remote PC.