Problem in remote controlling Samsung tablet from PC

Options

Hello everybody,

I am a private user. I need to control my Samsung TAB 3 tablet (10.1"), running Android 4.4.2, from a PC. I never need to control anything FROM the tablet, I only need to access the tablet FROM the PC, typically "remote desktop" sessions much like those I used to perform between two PCs. Typically, I need to access my tablet when I leave it at home, unattended. I download and installed the QuickSupport apk, and once installed it prompted me to automatically download the TeamViewer Host app, too. First question: is that correct? I believed that QuickSupport was sort of standalone, i.e. it would NOT need to download a much larger app in order to run. Anyway, at that point I downloaded TeamViewer 14 Portable on the PC. I preferred to stick with the Portable version, at first, because I was unsure whether it would run or not (the PC is under Windows XP), so I did not want to take the trouble to install and uninstall a program. The registration process of the App on the tablet was flawless, and the same for the TeamViewer on the PC, but there is a problem: the session doesn't stay open. When I try to access the tablet from the PC, the tablet shows a temporary error message - in Spanish -  that translated into English reads like "Beginning of session cancelled", while on the PC the translated status in the TeamViewer window reads "Authentication refused". The session duration, on the PC, is indicated as 0'00". Needless to say, I was very careful while registering the password, so a mistype during password registration is out of the question. Why doesn't it work? By chance, can it be due to using the "Portable" version of TeamViewer on the PC, insted of the "installed" version?

One last question. In Knowledge Base article "Dashboards in connection to mobile devices" there is a note that reads: "Note: Connections are limited to a maximum of five minutes each for private users."

So, does that mean that, while a private user can run a PC-to-PC Remote Desktop session for as many hours as he/she wants, the same private user cannot do the same if the controlled (mirrored) device is a tablet? Is that correct? Why such a distinction? Thank you.