Remote PC (Win10) freezes seconds after login

When I connect from a Win7 machine to a Win10 machine, I can log in just fine.  I can even see my desktop.  But then the screen is immediately frozen.  The tab at the bottom right is still there or half-way towards retiring itself.  In this state, mouse clicks or keyboard entries are not shown.  (I do, however, see evidence that that input is still being accepted/processed when trying a 2nd or 3rd time.)  It's just that my screen is frozen.  Screen re-fresh does not correct this.  I simply have to exit the session and try again.  Usually the 2nd (or certainly 3rd) attempt will do the trick.

It appears that I never freeze at the login screen or at "Initializing parameters" as others have reported.  That always goes fine.  I always can login.   I'm running, at this time at least, the latest version on both machines (12.0.72365).

Has any experieced this particular aspect of freezing?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello, this is exactly  what is happening to me.

Can't use TV because of this.

Looking forward to any fix.

Thanks.

• Have you tried to disable the UDP option in advanced settings?

This fixed it for me. I don't know whether it makes a difference to disable it on the local or the remote PC. Probably it doesn't matter because it gets negotiated and if one of the communication partners doesn't like UDP, then no UDP is used.

• In my case I've tried disabling UDP, and managed other configurations, without any results. The behavior happens on my main laptop which is in my home where I pass most of the time making conecctions for personal use.

• Are you using the latest version (13.0.6447)?  It works a lot better for me.  I use TV across numerous platforms.  I was having the problem a good portion of the time.  Then, after upgrading to the later versions, it just stopped happening.

• wrote:

Are you using the latest version (13.0.6447)?  It works a lot better for me.  I use TV across numerous platforms.  I was having the problem a good portion of the time.  Then, after upgrading to the later versions, it just stopped happening.

I tested the latest 13.x and 12.x both with the same behavior on windows 10 with latest feature update.

• Have you also tried to disable UDP on the remote PC before connecting? I know this may not be possible without another person that has direct access to the PC...

• hryan
    hryan Posts: 3

Having the exact same problem.  Have used for years with no problems until a couple weeks ago.  The remote computer freezes constantly.  Version 14.2.8352.  Would happily try disabling UDP, but I'm embarrassed to say I can't find settings anywhere.  A little help??

• Sadly this did not solve my problem. I experienced it on two different machines from this one. Disabling UDP didn't work.  Same issues, screen attempts to load then freezes or just stays black. All my system files are up to date as are my drivers and security software checks (today, a few minutes ago, still having issue).

• Same issue.  Have not been able to connect home for about 1 month.  I have to kill TeamViewer in the Windows task manager as the remote window is unresponsive and even my local computer is slow to respond to any inputs until TeamViewer has been killed.  Also tried disabling UDP without any noticable change.

Local version: 15.0.8397 NI (Nov 2019)

Not sure of the home computer version

Note: Local copy is running in "Run only (one time use)"