Remote Viewing

Dave
Dave Posts: 4 ✭✭

TeamViewer is open and works properly on my home PC (Windows 10).  I can access this PC remotely from my Ipad and another laptop however I have second laptop (Windows 7) that had worked fine in the past but recently when I log in with the home PC's TeamViewer ID and password, all is get is "TeamViewer is not running on this computer".  It is running or the Ipad, etc. would not be able to remotely view the PC.     No remote viewing is possible from this one laptop.  Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hello Jonathan,

I am using Windows 10 on my home PC  and periodically  it automatically downloads OS updates, installs them and restarts the computer.  It is my understanding that in Windows 10 I cannot prevent the PC from doing this automatic restart.  I can schedule it, but not prevent it all together.  When this happens of course it closes TeamViewer and when the PC restarts the TeamViewer ID stays the same but the generated password has been changed.  Now if I try to Remote View, I am unable to log on as I have no way of getting the newly generated password.  Is there any way around this?  How can I keep the same TeamViewer log on password?   Thanks for any help you can provide,

Dave

• bkjaya1952
    bkjaya1952 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thank you Jonathan.

• TeamViewer is open and works properly on my home PC (Windows 10 home). I can access this PC remotely from my Ipad and another laptop however I have second laptop (Windows 7) that had worked fine in the past but recently when I log in with the home PC's TeamViewer ID and password, all is get is "TeamViewer is not running on this computer". It is running or the Ipad, etc. would not be able to remotely view the PC. No remote viewing is possible from this one laptop.

Any ideas?