Remote display too small to see.

Posted by tlightne
Henagon

Remote display too small to see.

Capture.PNG

This is a screen shot of what I see.  Teamviewer version 12... I have tried adjusting resolutions an scaling but nothing helps. The teamviewer session goes full screen on the local computer but the remore screen is too small to read and use.

Thank you for any help..

15 Replies
Posted by hjr007
Henagon

Re: Remote display too small to see.

you need to set the display settings thesame on both systems you are using.  I just chaged my laptop display to the same as my desktop display and after rebooting my laptop it works.

btw Iam using windows 10 on both machines

Posted by RonG
Henagon

Has there been any resolution to this. I am unable to read my clients screens. Adjusting matching screen resolution is not a good fix for my clients accross the country??????

Posted by BadRumTik
Photon

HAS THIS BEEN RESOLVED ? I am having the same issue!

Posted by JBurton
Photon

What is the solution? It is very frustrating to have paid for this software and I can't use it because the remote session screens are way too small to see.

Posted by hizic
Photon

I adjusted the screen resolution on the remote windows machine to 1920 x 1080 and it fits the screen on my touch bar mac book and iphone X now. 

Posted by coder509
Henagon

Try by going to view and select and Scaled in Scaling tab.

Posted by randy2002
Photon

Ding Ding Ding   We have a winner!!!!!

Highlighted
Posted by ttfo
Photon

What was the solution?

Thanks

1 Reply
Posted by Laz137
Henagon

This is not the solution - I am using Teamview for personal use and I have a 1920x1080 laptop controlling a 1920 x 1080 desktop. The scaling issue seems to randomly occur. When it does, the text on the Teamviewer app on the controlling computer goes small, indicating that the remote computer is going to do the same thing. I tried ctrl + on the controlling computer before I connected to the remote computer and it worked once.
Posted by nobodytoo
Henagon

02 July 2018 and th small screen attack continues. Suddenly Win10Pro on 3200x1800 system cannot properly display the system that is 1600x1050.
This is a disqualifying problem.
Teamviewer - how come this happens. Please stop pushing everything into the telephone android keyhole.
Posted by ups0
Photon

The solution to fix this problem is through a setting on the Compatibility tab of the program shortcut’s Properties window. Right click on the TeamViewer shortcut and left click on the Properties command from the popup menu. In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab and then locate and select the check box for “Override high DPI scaling behavior” (Windows 10) or “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” (Windows 7). In Windows 10, there is also an additional option for how the scaling is performed (System, System (Enhanced), or Application). For me “System (Enhanced)” or "System" worked while "Application" did not. My display is ~3000x2000 and the remote ones do not go beyond 1920x1080

Posted by lencooley
Photon

The VIEW -Smiley Embarassed SCALE option did the trick! Thanks, so much.

@coder509 wrote:

Try by going to view and select and Scaled in Scaling tab.

Posted by vin7102
Electron

Where is this "View" "Scale" option at?

Posted by MLundin
Electron

The problem could be because your local computer has a scaled display setting.
Usually, laptops have a standard set of 150% scaling.

If you change your scaling to 100% and reboot your computer, the remote source should fill your screen if both local and remote have the same screen resolution.

How to change your desktop scaling:
Right-click any empty space on your desktop and select Display settings towards the bottom of the context menu.

Posted by audymaccop
Henagon

@tlightne wrote:

Capture.PNG

This is a screen shot of what I see.  Teamviewer version 12... I have tried adjusting resolutions an scaling but nothing helps. The teamviewer session goes full screen on the local computer but the remore screen is too small to read and use.

Thank you for any help..

When it does, the content on the Teamviewer application on the controlling PC goes little, showing that the remote PC will do a similar thing. I attempted ctrl + on the controlling PC before I associated with the remote PC and it worked once