Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by csbc
Henagon

Remote re-start

Am I right in thinking I can start/restart my Mac remotely from iOS.

I read something about this on a Mac site, but could find no further info. I'd love to be able to access my Mac if away on holiday, but don't want to leave it powered up for a long period and unattended.

Thanks, Colin

2 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

Re: Remote re-start

What you are trying to do is called Wake On Lan (WOL) TeamViewer does support it. To set it up please review this KB https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-does-Wake-on-LAN-with-TeamViewer-work/ta-p/33

Feel free to ask quiestions if you have any. I am not super familiar with Mac but others may be able to help.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
2 Replies
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

What you are trying to do is called Wake On Lan (WOL) TeamViewer does support it. To set it up please review this KB https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-does-Wake-on-LAN-with-TeamViewer-work/ta-p/33

Feel free to ask quiestions if you have any. I am not super familiar with Mac but others may be able to help.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by csbc
Henagon

Thanks for that Bart [delay as Gmail treated the notification as spam].

Sadly it seems that with a Mac it only works to wake from sleep rather than from powered down, but as sleep only consumes 1.16W looks as if it would take over a month to use a KwH! I just have to decide if I am happy to leave it plugged in and on over a long holiday …

Cheers, Colin