Remove Multiple Computers

2»

Answers

• tvuser
    tvuser Posts: 12

How can this feature still be unavailable in 2019? Yes, the PS script works as a workaround, but seriously, it cannot be that hard to implement it to the graphical interface??

• p20002
    p20002 Posts: 1

this is a disgrace at this point in time, 2 plus years for a stupid feature.   my god, you guys are acting like you are trying to solve world peace.  World peace might be solved before you guys add a simple delete function.   just have them type their user and pass again for extra authentication, or MFA.. or just let us delete it with a warning!!!

we just need to delete multiple computers, like every other piece of software that exists in this world allows you to.

• bcatoe
    bcatoe Posts: 13 ✭✭

Scotty,

I know you are tired of replying to this thread.  Trust me, nowhere near as tired as we Admins are of asking for this deficiency to be corrected.  We are Admins, not random users.  We live day by day with the ability to delete things we don't want deleted.  That is our job, to know what we should and shouldn't do.   We understand that you are the moderator here and not in charge of Dev.  Having said that, we don't have direct access to Dev so we have to go thru you.  This is not a 'request' for something that would be a nice luxury.  This is a request for a standard feature present in virtually all enterprise software.  I consider it a BUG that it isn't already there.  The 'reasons' that have been given for NOT implementing this are nonsense.  If I have rights to do a multi-select delete (or delete a group that isn't empty), then I have rights to create the token to run the script. Stop making us jump thru hoops because Dev is unwilling to implement this.  Or, they can refund my money and we can go buy something else that doesn't treat us like children.

@Scotty wrote:

@REWINC

As previously stated, this is currently not a feature of the software and although I have put this in as a feature request I cannot guarantee if or when it will become a feature.

I have given our development teams reasoning above and forwarded your feedback to our development team.

I have also given you 3 alternate options.
    1. Create a "Trash" group which requires very little action
    2. Bulk move to another account and delete the account
    3. The powershell script one of our supporters created using the API.

There is no further assistance I can provide for this topic sorry.

-Scotty

• MrBiker
    MrBiker Posts: 4 ✭✭

October 2020 checking in. Over 3 1/2 years since the first query about delete multiple computers and still no "feature" added by TV - as far as I can see.

How about this: If you delete something from DropBox, you have 30 days to undelete it. Since they're storing files (huge amounts of data) and your storing letters and numbers and maybe a certificate (tiny amounts of data), why don't you add the delete feature and a 30 day restore feature?

Since we're almost all enterprise IT people on this thread, we know, as someone else pointed out, that you can have a top-level account that grants certain permissions to other users and groups by clicking permission boxes.

I'd go as far as to say the people here wanting to delete copious amounts of computers actually know what they're doing and are expert at managing permissions.

My $0.02

PS: I'll give a kudo to Scotty as his hands are tied by the engineers/corporate policy and he's trying to be as helpful & friendly as possible. Naturally, this kind of simple-to-solve problem (I'll disagree with him on "it's complicated") causes a lot of frustration with talented IT people who know what's what regarding software functionality.

• SimonePace
    SimonePace Posts: 1

January 2021.

Still waiting...

Looks like this thread might become a job application post...

• syslink
    syslink Posts: 11 ✭✭

+1

I have more than 200 contacts in one group and I would like to see an option to remove them from my account easily. I just stopped to provide IT services for one of my clients and I want to remove its computers from my list due to security reasons and the clarity of the situation. It's not some extraordinary situation in the IT business.

• superdan
    superdan Posts: 1

2021 and still waiting 🤣

• Barry_K
    Barry_K Posts: 1

Almost the end of 2021....and still waiting. This is absurd. I'll be looking into another remote connection solution for our company at this point. It's obvious that TeamViewer's "Dev" group couldn't care less about addressing this.

• tscott1224
    tscott1224 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same here, TeamViewer keeps pestering us because we reimaged this summer, so we have roughly 2x the amount of computers. Normally I would run the PS script(ridiculous that there is no option in the panel) but it looks like they purposely make it so it doesnt work anymore. They want the numbers to be too high so you are forced to upgrade from what I can see. The account rep keeps trying to tell us that there is a fix being implemented. But support says there's no way to do it.

• whccdadmin
    whccdadmin Posts: 1
    edited November 2021

The lack of this feature has convinced me that we need to replace TeamViewer. We're being pestered over having too many devices, but most of our devices are zombie machines that have been replaced and don't really exist any more.

• bramsey
    bramsey Posts: 1

Almost the end of 2021, no bulk delete, no column showing the last time the machine checked in...This will be a long process.

• MichaelAllen
    MichaelAllen Posts: 2 ✭✭

5 years on, how is this still not a feature?

• Sam_S
    Sam_S Posts: 1

Whats the status on this point? So far I haven't been able to find the option to bulk remove computers. If I have to select them one by one and delete them that way I will take me forever.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that we just released a feature allowing you to delete devices in bulk.

You'll find how to proceed here: 📄 Delete Devices in bulk

I wish you all a great day,

/JeanK

Community Manager