Shortcuts like Ctrl+C from local Win-PC to remote-MAC does not work

Hi

I am using TeamViewer 12. When connecting from a local Windowscomputer to a remote MacBook, shortcuts like Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v, Ctrl+x etc. has no effect on the remote machine.

E.g. when pressing Ctrl+x on the local machine the effect on the remote Mac is a simple x.

Any idea?
Thanks for helping and best regards,

Robert

Comments

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]
    Hi rdeutsch,
    Thanks for your post!
    Sorry you are having trouble sending key commands when connecting from PC to Mac.
    I tested your scenario and I will admit it is a little tricky fuguring out the commands, but the functionality is there.
    When connecting from  PC to Mac, first you want to ensure that you have Send Key Commands enabled in your remote control toolbar. This will be found under Actions.

Once this option is enabled, your key commands will be as follows:

Ctrl+c will copy from PC and to paste on Mac you will use Windows button+V.
    Ctrl+x on PC to cut will be Windows button+x on Mac.
    So essentially, the Windows button replaces the Ctrl button when connecting from PC to Mac.

When connecting from Mac to PC the key commands are as follows:
    1. Control +c to copy and Command+p to paste on PC
    2. Command+x to cut on PC

Hope this helps!
    All the best,
    Jonathan
  • rdeutsch
    rdeutsch Posts: 8 ✭✭

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your tipps&tricks how to use the Ctrl-combinations.

Now, i am a step further. The Ctrl-/Windowsbutton-combis works fine.

But when connecting from a PC to Mac and on the Mac runs a Parallels VM there is not way to copy/paste with the commands Windowsbutton-C/-V...   When using the Windowsbutton in a Win-enviroment naturally always the Startmenu pops up.

Any idea how to use these key commands under a TV-session starting from a PC -> Mac -> Paralles-Windows?

Best regards,

Robert

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi rdeutsch,

Thanks for your reply, I'm happy I was able to assist!

As far as using the key combinations on a parallel VM, our 2nd level support would require additional information regarding your set up.

I would ask that you please contact your local support center via telephone or support ticket and they will be able to provide further assistance.

All the best,

Jonathan

• Boss
    Boss Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am having the same issues, but from a single Mac-to-Mac connection.  Each machine has the "send key combinations" turned on, so I have no clue what to try next.

• zarggot
    zarggot Posts: 2

Is there any possibility to use ctrl+c or ctrl+v when connecting from windows-pc to mac with teamviewer instead of windows+c or windows+v?

I woud really like to know if anyone made it or if it is possible, because it is a huge trouble for me. Thanks

• zarggot
    zarggot Posts: 2

Hello Jonathan,
    Is there any possibility to use ctrl+c or ctrl+v when connecting from windows-pc to mac with teamviewer instead of windows+c or windows+v?

I woud really like to know if anyone made it or if it is possible, because it is a huge trouble for me. Thanks

• GEMMA
    GEMMA Posts: 1

Hello!

My problem is similar but i'm working in am MAc (Sierra) and i have a remote acces to a windows PC.
    When I try comandCopy, ComandPaste...Tehe system don't recognize it...What can I do? I would like to buy a license but if I don't resolve this matter i will have to go out...

Thank You !

@Jonathan wrote:

Hi rdeutsch,

Thanks for your reply, I'm happy I was able to assist!

As far as using the key combinations on a parallel VM, our 2nd level support would require additional information regarding your set up.

I would ask that you please contact your local support center via telephone or support ticket and they will be able to provide further assistance.

All the best,

Jonathan

• Hi Jonathan,

I'm using a PC for a 3d program called Cinema 4D. This software works with a lot of shortcuts. E.g. Hold 3 and drag the mouse around and you can rotate your scene. I am unable to do this using Team Viewer. I've turned 'Send key combinations' on and off, I've restarted on both ends, I've even logged into the app from a browser. Nothing works so far. Please help.

Thanks

Saks

Oh and I'm accessing a PC running Windows 10 from a Mac running OS Sierra. 

• ajburch
    ajburch Posts: 1

Is send key commands a feature in the andriod version of teamviewer (on Google Play)? I am using a ChromeOS computer and don't see that option.

• Hi Jonathan, a Corporate TV 12 user here.

I am also detecting some strange behavior, I have used Modifier keys on my Mac and I connect frequently to Windows computers primarily. When I try to Ctrl+C , Ctrl+V, etc. the parameter is not sent remotely. 

What should happen is what Parallels does, Teamviewer should use the same key combination the local Teamviewer is using and that has to be translated into the application to the equivalent combination of keys. 

Unfortunatelly you cannot set this as a default, because for example if you used Modifier keys like myself because I switch often between Windows and Mac you need to make it per user or per computer config.

Thanks for submitting this feedback to the DEV team so they can apply a fix on a patch for all vesions still under mainteinance.

• Siva
    Siva Posts: 6 ✭✭

Mac users,
    If you want to switch Ctrl and Cmd keys only for Teamviewer, you can use Karabiner-Elements.

https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/switching-command-and-control-keys/7721/27

• Thank you for the workaround, but this is a glitch in Teamviewer itself, because it is not recognizing that the keys have been remaped.

Parallels for example allows you to align the modified keys to it so you can use this keys combinations on the virtual machine without having to change them again.