Suddenly unable to connect to remote PCs

I help out at a Hospital Radio Station which uses Team Viewer to allow me to access their four PCs from home. I was able to do this on Monday, but since yesterday I've been getting a message to say that TV isn't running on any of the machines. I went in to check yesterday and confirmed that indeed it IS running on all of them - however, none of them can access any of the others either, they get the same message when they try.Any suggestions?

Richard Davis

Best Answers

Answers

• tdubie
    tdubie Posts: 1

I am having the same problem.  All of a sudden I can not connect to my other computer on TV. I am getting the same message but it is in fact running on the other computer. 

• Looking at the messages, it seems that others are having the same problem. A virus, perhaps, or a problem with version 13? Looks as if we'll have to wait for an answer from "higher up"!

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Richard_Davis

Thanks for posting your findings. Good to hear that it is working again.

To help with a clarification for this case: The connection issue might be caused by the Reassignment of unique IDs and chances are high that the new IDs of the remote device are caused by this measure.

In case of persisting issues after our systems were operational again we recommended to restart the device or the TeamViewer service. Un-installing TeamViewer 13 and re-installing TeamViewer 12 is equal to a restart of the TeamViewer service. Giving the fact that all this is valid for your case, you can try to update one of your devices to TeamViewer 13 again and check whether everything works as expected (so you can enjoy TeamViewer 13 features again).

Hope this info helps you. I would appreciate if you could give me an update on whether you tested the update to TeamViewer 13.

Thanks and all the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• powercokuching
    powercokuching Posts: 1

we have been using it all this while, but last Saturday suddenly we can not connect to the other PC with TeamViewer anymore. But the other PC can remaotely connect to this PC.

The messege is saying Unknow problem

• eggpap
    eggpap Posts: 2

Hello, 

I had TV 15 installed and after some days I have got the same issue you described. I hoped your solution was helpfull for me also and I have uninstalled TV15 and installed TV13 but, as you have said the problem remained. So I've repeated the operations for TV12, but nothing to do. I note that the ID field of the remote control panel is disabled. i.e. don't allow to type nothing. I have also uninstalled the iPhone TV app that performed perfectly but nothing happened.

Thanks for your help, 
    Emiliano

• eggpap
    eggpap Posts: 2

Hello,
    I've performed the following actions:
    1 Closed TV12
    2 launched TV12 again but as Administrator. The problem has disappeared.
    3 Closed TV12 
    4 Installed TV15
    5 launched it but normally i.e. NOT as Administrator. The problem has disappeared.

I hope this helps.
    Emiliano