TeamViewer 13.2 importing TeamViewer ID instead of HostName into console

Hello all,

I have a wonderful deployment script I put together that removes previous versions of TeamViewer, installs 13.2, and then moves the device to the correct group in my TeamViewer online console with the correct policy while also importing the local password.

Well, I thought everything was working. I am still in testing before I rollout to 3,500+ workstations. Now, instead of seeing the HostName in my TeamViewer web console, I see the 9 digit TeamViewer ID.

Any ideas why? We pay for support but thought I'd post here in the community for others as well.

Here are my install parameters, which have not changed during testing:

/QN /NORESTART IMPORTREGFILE=1 CUSTOMCONFIGID=MYCONFIG APITOKEN=MYTOKENb ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--group MYGROUP"

Best Answer

Answers

• Edit:

There were too many quotes:
    NOT Working:

/QN /NORESTART IMPORTREGFILE=1 CUSTOMCONFIGID=MYCONFIG APITOKEN=MYTOKENb ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--group MYGROUP" "--alias %COMPUTERNAME%"

Working:

/QN /NORESTART IMPORTREGFILE=1 CUSTOMCONFIGID=MYCONFIG APITOKEN=MYTOKENb ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--group MYGROUP --alias %COMPUTERNAME%"
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Sorry about that @MatthewV

You are absolutely right, serves me right for copy-pasting.

I have edited my response as well to correct the problem.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • itsupporta
    itsupporta Posts: 2 ✭✭

This was working in v13.2 but in V14 i have issues with mdt deployment.

For example:  my default mdt deploy starts with a pre defined template name: pc-

During deployment i set the pc name as :pc-test
    During install teamviewer agent has the correct alias set in the config menu (pc-test) but the name reported in thet management tool is pc-

Totally weird.

Any ideas?

It looks like %computername% is not used all the time