TeamViewer automatically streaming audio

Hey,

I'm having an issue where I connect to a client through TeamViewer, and TeamViewer will sometimes automatically start transmitting sound from *my* microphone to the other users computer. This doesn't ever notify me, and I often don't know until I'm told by a client. We don't use the audio function of TeamViewer at all, and having a customer hear everything going on in our office often without me knowing is obviously not okay. Is there a way to permenantly disable this from happening on my end? I've tried under Audio Conferencing however I've been told that they can still hear me typing etc... I'm sorry if the answer is super obvious, I just really would like to get this sorted out quickly!!

Comments

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi Marcie,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry you are having an issue with the Audio when  using TeamViewer. It sounds like you have taken the correct steps to disbale the Audio when  making connections but please double check that you have the settings set to Mute under Audio Conferencing as pictured below.

2017-05-08 10_34_39-TeamViewer options Audio.png

You can also try muting the volume on the computer itself to see if this resolves the issue.

If not you can always reach out to your local support center for further assistance.

All the best,

Jonathan

• CraigAlan
    CraigAlan Posts: 14

I think this related to a different issue, a couple of other topics are posted in relation to mic issues. I replied to another thread with this..

"Indeed this is happing with the latest update.  I have a MS webcam that is connected and even though the mic is muted my light is on the camera, as if it is transmitting sound/video.  This was NOT the case with the previous version.  I see this as a bit of a security concern.  An status on a fix for this?"

My webcam should NOT be turning on.  It never did before, regardless if the video or audio is muted.  It should not be accessing that device if it's not a video call.

Can we download previous versions to go back until this is addressed?  If so, where do we obtain them?

Thanks.

• MPeti1
    MPeti1 Posts: 1
    I think it's not a good solution. Teamviewer will still maintain the voip connection, it will just not transmit any audio on it. It's very annoying if you have a bluetooth headset, and while you're connected to an other computer 1. it asks every time if he wants to mute it, 2. you will not hear anything, because Teamviewer turns on Bluetooth SCO, and you will only hear the mic loopback of your headset, and will hear nothing from your pc or from the connected pc