Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• elbea64
    elbea64 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Yes, use the main program. You have all options that Host has and more ...

As you are using the free Version, you can update all installations to v12 but be aware, that v11 can not connect to v12.

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
  • alamden
    alamden Posts: 10 ✭✭

Thank you.  If I switch to v 12 do I have to have a separate host or else it will warn me I only have 5 minutes because it is the free version?  Once I get all this answered I will stop bugging you! Thx! 

• elbea64
    elbea64 Posts: 70 ✭✭

I don't understand what you do mean with "separate host"? I always install the full TV app and update it as soon as updates are available and never had a time limit
    If you have only 5 minutes, then you are not using the free version. Looks more like you have used a trial of the commercial version or less likely your type of usage is suspicious as commercial use. The free version lacks a lot of business functions, but has no time limit. V12 will not solve this.
    What do you see at the bottom of the main TV window?
    main window

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
  • sb67pro
    sb67pro Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hello together,

I am using Teamviewer Premium License. Most of my custumors have the teamviewer installed as commercial use. They don't work with it except for remote session for me.

One customer tried to use Teamviewer for its own to connect to another computer. A trial perod starts. Since that the computer displays the message "Trial period expired".

I told the custumor that he has to buy a license if he wants to use it. He only used it once an has no need for own use. Bit still the message is displayed. Is it possible to remove the message?

Thanx for your help

• HooKsTeR
    HooKsTeR Posts: 1

I own 5 personal computers and I fix and maintain about 10 family members and close friends computers, I am not using Teamviewer for commercial use or monetary gain but the program now thinks that I am?

I've been using Teamviewer for many years and hope to continue.

• Jacques
    Jacques Posts: 1

I have encountered the same problem. 

an employee at one of my clients used to use teamviewer to connect to his machine at home.  Since I have added his computer to my profile with unattended access, he is no longer able to connect to his home machine, as he gets a message that the trial period has expired.

I have also advised him to buy a license, but was reminded that Teamviewer is free for personal use.

He is obviously now a bit frustrated with me since he no longer can connect to his home PC.

• Keianster
    Keianster Posts: 2 ✭✭

Today I have received a message showing that I'm using Team Viewer under commercial use. But I believe I'm the very typical personal user who only have two PCs.

I really don't get it why my use is miss-understood as commercial use.

How can I get it back to normal?

I like Team Viewer a lot, so I don't mind paying for my personal use.

But 500 USD is absolutely not proper for personal use.

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

I'm just wondering how many connections and how much time together, amounted your connection between the two PCs in the past two weeks ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Keianster
    Keianster Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank a lot for your reply.

I have 4 devices total: 2 PCs, 1 iPhone and 1 iPad.

The connection time is very short, which is about 1-2 minutes one time. Because one of my PC is in the living room, so I use the other PC in my bedroom to remote it if I'm at home.

The main usage is monitoring a software which needs to run 24*7.

• Michelles262
    Michelles262 Posts: 1

Hi - My trial subscription expires, but I am not a business

How do I get the free version?

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

@Keianster wrote:

The main usage is monitoring a software which needs to run 24*7.

It seams that this is your main problem.
    It looks like this is a very important for you ?
    How much ? Why you need 24*7 for personal use ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • alamden
    alamden Posts: 10 ✭✭

Thank you.  There's no reason my use should even appear potentially suspicious, so I will assume I have the wrong version and re-install!  

• Micheal
    Micheal Posts: 1

I am having the same problem.   I have submitted a trouble ticket and send multiple messages requesting a follow up.  I called the sales department who could not help me because I didn't have a license.  This is a good product and we appreciate the free version.  It would be great if the response to a trouble ticket could be improved.

• Hgh0st
    Hgh0st Posts: 1

Hi,

I called in to Team Viewer because I accidentally chose the 'commercial version' on installation and didn't think anything of it until now-- the trial has expired, and I can't start a session any more. My agent told me to post my ID here: [ID removed]. She said you would get it straightened out again for private use.

Thanks,

Ken

• nicole82
    nicole82 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello!

When I downloaded TeamViewer a few weeks ago I accidentally selected business instead of personal use. Now the trial is up and it will not let me proceed with use unless I purchase a license. I will only be using this for personal use. How do I get this switched so I can keep using the program?

• docmuniz
    docmuniz Posts: 4 ✭✭

Having  the same problem with no response so far from tech support.

I'm using Version 11 on MacOS.

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear @Hgh0st

Thank you your patience. Please check your mails. :smileyhappy:

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem! There is no help from Teamviewer? :smileyfrustrated:

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear Dan,

salvation comes...:smileyhappy:

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • mikemischler
    mikemischler Posts: 7 ✭✭

i installed incorrectly, i need to be reset to private use as well.

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks a lot :-)

• aamber69
    aamber69 Posts: 7 ✭✭

Reyhan - Salvation details?

Thank you :-)

• aamber69

My license shows as free in the Management box, but I still can't use my TeamViewer as the Expiration message keeps blocking me.

Aamber

• aamber69

Hello! My ID is aamber69 and email is [email-address removed]

I have my license showing as "Free" in my account management area, but I must have done something wrong, as I can't access my computers remotely.  I am using them ONLY for personal use.  Thank you so much!!

• eleo
    eleo Posts: 1

Same problem, with chrome app i can use as free trial. but the desktop app tell me trial expired when i always use tv as non-business user

• sbasuval
    sbasuval Posts: 1

Hello, 

I made the misstake of installing Teamviewer as company/commercial user eventhough I only have it for personal use. I now tried uninstalling it and install again as personal user but still Teamviewer reports as trial license expired.

How can this be solved ?

thanks and regards

saravana

• djluvrocks
    djluvrocks Posts: 1

Hello,

I am having issue after several years of Teamviewer usage. It seems I accidentally hit Commerical when I upgraded to version 12 sometime back and now the trial has expired and I'm being forced to contact sales or extend trial.

Problem is, I am a personal user and I don't need commercial license. So can you please convert my email id back to personal user so that when I start Teamviewer it wouldn't say Trial License Expired and show me mercy as a 'Free User'.

My email id associated with Teamviewer is [emailaddress removed]

Thank you!

• LKenny
    LKenny Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Same with me
  • JedenTag
    JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

I think you need to uninstall, make sure the settings are removed, and reinstall.

TV_uninstall.png

• mikemischler
    mikemischler Posts: 7 ✭✭

Is there an admin in this community that can help us?