Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• mikemischler
    mikemischler Posts: 7 ✭✭

I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with no such luck.

• ryaners
    ryaners Posts: 1

hi , im a private user but today im getting trial expired message am i right in saying its free for personal use and if so what do i have to do now ?? ty

• anorman
    anorman Posts: 1

I am having the same problem.  Please keep me posted as to your success!

• marsup52
    marsup52 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Trial version expired.... commercial use ... ??????

Have tried to uninstall, settings erased, reinstall but always same problem.

This computer is the computer of my wife. No commercial use. The computers are at home. We don't work. We are retired. Don't understand Teamviewer have determined  it's a commercial use. What can we do with that kind of problem ?

• marsup52
    marsup52 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Trial version expired.... commercial use ... ??????

Having this message is on the computer of my wife. Have tried to uninstall app, removing settings, reinstall but always same problem.

This computer is the one used used by my wife. No commercial use. We don't work. We are retired. She needs occasionnal informatic support. Don't understand Teamviewer have determined  it's a commercial use. What can we do with that kind of problem ?

Question: for personal family usage do the best is create just one Teamviewer account and put all computers in the group or create one account for each one (wife, me, my son) and group contacts to support them ?

• Charles
    Charles Posts: 1

Mine has not expired yet but says I have 7 days left and no amount of cleaning the system and registry gets rid of it on fresh installs. My username is Charles and email is [Email-address removed]

I don't know what computer id you need to reset or do whatever it is you do.  If you want my computer id it is croll

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Dear all, 

Thank you for your post.

The “trial expired” status is not something that can be resolved in the Community. The Community is a place where we can give advice for best practices and how to get the most out of TeamViewer.

Therefore, I would kindly ask you to read this Knowledge Base article to get help regarding the expired trial through a contact form to reach dedicated TeamViewer staff members.

*IMPORTANT: Never post your ID or other personal information in the Community!

Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day.

Best, 

Esther

Former Community Manager

• sayman
    sayman Posts: 1

I have the same problem. My email is [Email-address removed]

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

here the solution, if you received the "trial expired" notification.

Please see for further information here

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi sbasuval,

Please see the following post in regards to "trial expired" messages https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-11/Your-trial-period-has-expired/m-p/2988/highlight/true#M587

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Scotty

Hi djluvrocks,

Thanks for your post.

please see here

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Scotty

Hi marsup52,

Unfortunately, we cannot assist with this in the community. Please see this post here.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
  • Scotty

Hi Michelles262,

Unfortunately, we cannot assist with this in the community. Please see this post here.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
  • Scotty

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately this issue cannot be resolved in the community. For more information, please see here.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
  • aamber69
    aamber69 Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hello Scotty! Thank you for sharing this link.  Is there any estimate on how long an open ticket on this issue will take to get resolved?  I have opened two separate tickets and have not heard back on either of them.  I would love to be able to use TV again - it is great!

Thank you, Amber

• Scotty

Hi aamber69,

Recently we have seen an increase in these requests and so it does take some time for us to get through them as we must still provide priority support to our paid users. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeframe at the moment.

I apologise for the wait.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
  • mikemischler
    mikemischler Posts: 7 ✭✭

I figured out how to fix it.  I just wish teamviewer would give out a free license request through email.  This would be the easier fix.

Thanks, Mike

• aamber69

Thank you!

• aamber69

Thank you Scotty for your reply!  I truly appreciate it :smileyhappy:

• zivkovicjan
    zivkovicjan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

Im having problems, because teamviewer thinks im commercial. Why has this happened? Im connecting to multiple teamviewer clients, helping friends debug what is wrong with their computers/install drivers/configure steam games etc.I never get any money out of it, just for fun/ a hobby.

What can I do?

• Ruimzien
    Ruimzien Posts: 1

@mikemischler wrote:

I figured out how to fix it.

Would you share with us how you fixed it?

• FLKaraoke
    FLKaraoke Posts: 7 ✭✭

I am having the same issue. It has only happened since v12 came out though. I added my mother's PC under v11 and no issue. Since v12 came out, I added my mother in law's PC and not only does it time out it gives me a strange message about customized logo and that my session would time out. I tried adding my father in law's system a few weeks ago as well and just gave up.

Very annoying.....

• FLKaraoke

@elbea64 wrote:

I don't understand what you do mean with "separate host"? I always install the full TV app and update it as soon as updates are available and never had a time limit
    If you have only 5 minutes, then you are not using the free version. Looks more like you have used a trial of the commercial version or less likely your type of usage is suspicious as commercial use. The free version lacks a lot of business functions, but has no time limit. V12 will not solve this.
    What do you see at the bottom of the main TV window?
    main window

Hello. I am having the same issue. It times out after 5 minutes.

I installed the full TV version, adding my mother in-law's PC to MY account from her computer. It shows up in my lists. When I'm logged in remotely, it says "Free" in both of the places above you specify. I still have this disconnect issue with the weird custom logo message as well.

Since I'm not physically there anymore I can't install the "host" version to see what happens because to do it I have to shut down full TV which would terminate my session.

I will say that I was able to add another family member's PC without issue prioe to v12 coming out. I don't know if something was changed in the instalelr with that version that makes it "easy" to fall into the trial, commercial version, but I don't recall seeing anything about picking free or not during the install.

Very frustrating....

• Marv2k
    Marv2k Posts: 1

Hi Jonathan,

I'm also experiencing a similar issue to BKlemencic's experience. I have 6 computers in my TV list that connect to family member's computers. I don't use the applicatino for any commercial usage however I no longer can connect to them without the commercial use detected message that used to time out my session after 5 minutes, but now it times out after 1 minute of use. I've had to resort to using a knock off (UltraViewer) that I use very sparingly because of security concerns, but the security and trust with TV is what I can count on. 

Please help!

• tburfine
    tburfine Posts: 1

I think its brecause all of my machines are in a domain

I have a Windows domain at the house and only use it for friends and family

• jimdoria
    jimdoria Posts: 1

Same thing happened to me. 

• PhJolet
    PhJolet Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello.
    I do not have a solution yet.
    I'm waiting for a response from Teamviewer.

• alamden
    alamden Posts: 10 ✭✭

If it helps, I apparently was using a full, not a free version, with the intent to be using the free version.  elbea64's response pointed me to the proper version.  It no longer times out at 5 min.  

• FLKaraoke
    Thanks but I didn't see a "free" or "commercial" version. It's either "teamviewer" or "host version". is that the distinction?