Announcements

Would you like to be part of the TeamViewer task force to make our product even better? Start now with participating in our survey and help our product team to build an even better TeamViewer. Click here for more information.

Posted by BernyHaider
Digon

Re: commercial use error - handicapped user needs help.

i have the same problem! teamviewer with this bug is unusable for private persons, because the connection is disconnected after few seconds and you have to wait about 15 minutes foir reconnection. support pls help us!

Posted by BernyHaider
Digon

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

same problem here ! i only used teamviewer for fix problems on pc, notebook and mobiles for my family. i fill out the formular and now i wait, that the support repair the bug!

Posted by sebi
Digon

Re: your teamviewer session has timed out and will be closed - alternatives

Hi all,

It seems it is to much asked to TV to have clear information about what's going on here.

If free users are not welcome anymore, it would really be better to tell us clearly instead of this arrogant & irrespectful way of doing.

Any official moderator to inform their hierarchy of hat's going on? As we cannot conact anybody from TV......

Highlighted
Posted by Bankfodder
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

@toremf wrote:

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #6 - Just the facts, please]

I think that we are getting poor treatment but I didn't say that we are being fleeced.  It is their software and their business model - but I do think that they could handle things differently.

I suspect that the top bosses don't realise what is going on in their name.

4 Replies
Posted by jeijunn
Henagon

im using teamviewer on 2 linux, 1 iMac and 1 MBP,  4 Windows PC at home.

yes i have too many pcs at home. this probably looks like im using them at an office, but no. im not making any money with my computers. 

weirdly, this happens only on my macbook.

btw, i should probably move to crhome remote desktop if this dosent be fixed soon.

Posted by jchongkoon
Digon

NO COMMERCIAL PURPOSES OR PURPOSES

Good evening gentlemen from Teamviewer,

I contact you for the reason that lately a warning is coming out telling me that I am using the program as a commercial use and that is not the case.

The objective of my use is only personal and non-profit since I am RADIO AMATEUR and I use this Teamviewer program to manage my ROOM of Yaesu (Wires-X). This is a way to manage my radio station remotely.

NO COMMERCIAL PURPOSES OR PURPOSES

Posted by mineblaster
Henagon

its not just you i got banned today with 4 pcs two windows 10 and two windows server 2016

my friend got banned for connecting to the windows server pc a month ago.

he was told only bunesses have windows server

Posted by Pierrot28
Photon

TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a

Same problem. I raised a ticket 1 week ago, but still have no answer....

Posted by Dancekid
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

same problem here, anyone got a solution to mark as "personalusage" ? greetings michael
Posted by toremf
Trigon

I tried, but it was  too complicated with Goodle.[competitor link removed by moderator per community guidelines

Posted by Bankfodder
Trigon

@toremf wrote:

I tried, but it was  too complicated with Goodle.[competitor link remove by moderator per Community Guidelines

Me too.  Tv is better, though

Posted by jchongkoon
Digon

Hello Esther,

I understand the situation about commercial use but this is not my case since I use it to manage the PC.

I commented in the previous message that my use is to control my Yaesu room (Wires-X) since I have it on another PC.

The reason why the way I have it installed is to guide more to the radio community and this has no commercial or profit purposes.

I would appreciate it if you deleted me from the blacklist that you manage in the Teamviewer database.

Regards,

Posted by Jancux
Henagon

TeamViewer 13 Free Session Timed Out

I am a long time trouble free user of TeamViewer (currently using version 13).

A new problem has arisen, which I understand many users are encountering, whereby any connection disconnects rapidly stating that the session has timed out and preventing reconnection for ten minutes.

I use this software on four private computers, two of which are Windows 10 and the other two being Windows 8.1. Both Windows 8.1 PC’s are running the TeamViewer normally, whereas both Windows 10 PC’s have the problem.

Question is this a Windows 10/TeamViewer issue and is there a solution?

Jancux

Posted by cryoplay
Henagon

No Answer from Support.

Teamviewer says that I have to solve a license because I would use Teamviewer for business purposes. This is not true. Unfortunately, I do not hear anything from the support. No help regarding the wrong message. Are there any other ways to contact support from Switzerland?

Posted by Parad2373
Photon

Re:Remote access connection

The connection is blocked after exceeding the time limit. How do I resolve this issue?

Posted by Jbib
Trigon

Re: Re:Remote access connection

Same problem for me.
I hope it will be solve soon ... :-(
Posted by teamviewerattil
Henagon

Connessione bloccata dopo il raggiungimento del tempo massimo

buon giorno, uso teamviewer da private per collegare i computers di famiglia.

ultimamente mi esce questa scritta:

Connessione bloccata dopo il raggiungimento del tempo massimo

come posso riattivare il sistema....ripeto che l 'utilizzo é assolutamente privato

grazie

Posted by Diehappy
Neutron

Suspicion in commercial use

I apologize in advance for my English, but I had to write here.
A few years and until recently, no problems, but recently the TeamViever suspected me (and my girlfriend and the second computer, whose acquaintance was just tried to go) in commercial use.
The reason for this, I guess, was a friend who asked to set up his microphone remotely and installing the program poked for commercial use, after which it spread like a virus and created monstrous inconveniences.

Never in all the years has there been any commercial use.

How to be? Or all my conjectures are only speculation, but the program simply changed and became for all purposes paid?

Posted by Diehappy
Neutron

Re: Suspicion in commercial use

It's sad.
Posted by Jbib
Trigon

Re: No Answer from Support.

ot4ku

They probably want to get rid of a maximum of non-paying users ? ...
[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]

Posted by toremf
Trigon

You are so right.

This is a very arrogant and condescending way of treating loyal users. Top management doesn’t seem to care for their customers. They just want to fleece us.
Why does the management do this? They behave like seasoned drug pushers, giving free samples, and when you are hooked, they raise the prices.

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #6 - Just the facts, please]

To quote one of the many comments of this behavior of top management:
"The behavior is so bad I have just recommended to three of my customer who DO use team viewer commercially that they switch to go to assist - taking approx. 3000 licenses with them - and I've done this because I'm so disgusted at how TV is treating its free users."

Posted by quypv
Photon

mistake setup teamviewer 13

I have mistake setup teamviewer 13 on my laptop win 7. And now this version has expired. Please guide me change to version personal. I want to use version Free.

TeamViewer 13.jpg

Posted by trekfan1
Trigon

But this solutions DO NOT HAVE A LINUX VERSION!!!!!!

Posted by sunda12
Henagon

Re: Commercial use suspected pop-up message

Hi!  i got  Commercial use suspected pop-up message my account m but i dont have any company.  I use F-secure Freedome VPN so i think is that it problem why that message  popup?

Posted by Lkupke
Photon

Team viewer now thinks I am on a business network???

Hi There

I hope someone can assist me, for some reason teamviewer app now thinks that I am on a business network and closes connections I make to remote pc's . I am using the app for personal use and not for a business. 

How can I resolve this?

Posted by cosmincucu
Electron

Personal usage license claims Commercial use

Hello,

I've been using the free license to fix my dad's computer and to check my home imac to see if various services i left running are working (downloads, home alarm). I think i use it a few times a month. I actually can't remember when i used it the last time. Today my dad's skype stopped working, so i tried logging on his laptop to check. That's when i got a pop-up saying  "Commercial use detected" . It claimed my session will be terminated after 5 minutes, but it terminated after less than 1 minute. I tried opening a ticket, but it asks me for a license. Anyone has any idea why that happens all of the sudden ? (Just to be clear, i had other previous laptops on the devices list, but they were 2 or 3 offline devices, which i didn't use. Other than that i had nothing else in the computers part. The team viewer on my imac and my dad's laptop is set to auto log in, grant easy access, etc.)

Thank you,

Cosmin Cucu

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 18.05.29.png

Posted by ZEB4XdotCA
Electron

Re: Personal usage license claims Commercial use

I've always thought that teamviewer should expand their licensing options. I would pay a reasonable price to connect reliably to my home PC.

In the meantime Chrome remote desktop is doing a great job for me. FREE baby.

Posted by cosmincucu
Electron

Re: Personal usage license claims Commercial use

I mean i wouldn't mind paying something reasonable for the little use i have, but they only have business plans. I will look into other free alternatives, thanks.

Posted by Thomasleut
Photon

Auf einmal soll ich Gewerblich die Software nutzen.

Von Jetzt auf gleich soll ich meinen Lizenz angeblich gewerblichen nutzen.

Finde faseined Frechheit.

Was soll das?

Hätte gerne in dem Fall einen Beleg dafür. 

Posted by Sioux142
Digon

I thik that's why I'm getting this issue too.

I am a home user and have a Windows Server 2012 running which I use for Plex streaming around the house.

Suddenly TeamViewer has decided I am a business user.

I removed the Server from my account but I am still getting this message and constantly kicked out of Teamviewer.

Not impressed.

I would happily pay for a home user account but I do not need to upgrade to or purchase a business account as I do not have a business nor will I ever have one.

Posted by Jbib
Trigon

Hi Sioux142

It's a shame that the new Teamviewer management has decided to get rid of non-commercial users. :-(
It's going to be 8 years that I used their service and I advertised them ...
However, it will not stop me from continuing to troubleshoot my relatives and friends.
Good luck !
Jbib

Posted by Sioux142
Digon

Many thanks,

I'm going to try some of them out as an alternative.

As I said, and I can see others have said the same, I would be prepared to pay for an elevated home user account at a sensible price, but there is no way on this planet that I will be purchasing a business account for home use. If something is worth having I don't mind paying for it as long as it is sensible.

Just like Plex, it is free however has limitations in the free version.  I purchased a lifetime pass to get little extras and also show my appreciation for the hard work the Plex guys put in to make it what it is. And they didn't force me to do it or charge an arm and a leg for it. It was my decision to commit to them.

Stephen

Posted by ikras
Henagon

not a professonal usage

hello,
unitil few week i ahevc when i try to connect to another computer a message
'"maybe a professionnal usage detected" (free translate from french, not really same word in english version lol)
and this day i have a limlit a 5minutes connection (really less at 1 miunutes) when i am connect to someone...and limite to 15 minutes for reconnecting

i want to know how teamviewer can detect a professional usage when i use this for help my mother, many friends and no for money juste for helping ...

we have no counter to indicate was it possible, and how usage it's too big ...

have you a solution for me ?

Posted by azag00
Electron

Re: not a professonal usage

Me too. I have massive problems helping my grand parents (both over 70) and my mother. The real connection time is about 30 seconds, not 5 minutes.
Posted by RaoulAngel
Electron

Teamviewer 13.1.3629 reporting all my PCs as commercial use

Hi all, been a personal user for 2 years or so now.. For the past 2 or 3 weeks now (I think it was when I updated to the latest version), every time I connect to any of my PCs, Teamviewer warns me that Commercial use is suspected.. Sometimes it tells me I have 5 minutes before they are going to disconnect me.  Is there a glitch or something?  All my PCs are home use PCs.  Thanks

Posted by RobWood
Henagon

Professional usuage

I seem to be using TeamViewer for professional usuage. 

Please explain how you know this? And why am I now using it only be professional usage. 

It very strange, do you want me to use one of your competitors? 

Posted by Razor512
Electron

Re: Teamviewer 13.1.3629 reporting all my PCs as commercial use

I have been having similar issues.

uKYbv86

99% of my use of teamviewer is literally controlling my laptop that I will have on the desk next to me while I am on my desktop PC and want to do maintenance like driver updates and other things, but don't want to bother with the laptop keyboard and trackpad.

Beyond that, on rare occasion I will use it to help a family member out, with some basic things.

Posted by davidpitt03
Digon

I posted this in another topic but think it suits here also...

I wish I could buy a personal license!

I'm happy to pay for the software, I get good use out of it but just can't justify the price of the corporate licenses, especially when the cheapest is £31.90/month, so ridiculous.

Recently 2 devices have been coming up with suspected corporate use which is impossible as I don't connect to any devices that are on a domain but now I can't use the software and can't view my friends computers.

I've put in a request but who knows if that will work or not.

Going to have to look at alternative software, which is really unfortunate and annoying Smiley Sad

Posted by Filoor
Photon

Re: Commercial use suspected But I am not using it commercially

I'm facing the same problem any work around?

Posted by nafeesra
Photon

Re: Teamviewer 13.1.3629 reporting all my PCs as commercial use

Same thing happen to me . I have contact teamviewer and  fill the form where I have mentioned  I am not using this product for  commerical use but still no luck . Teamviewer is dead product for me . Teamviewer company become money greedy now 

Posted by sobeitjedi
Henagon

TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration"

Why can't I connect to my PC at home? I've seen a message which says commercial use dectected, but it's incorrect - this is personal use.

Was working fine last week, just getting this error today. 

Posted by teamviewerattil
Henagon

Connection blocked

good morning, I use teamviewer exclusively for private use to control family computers.

lately I get a message that blocks the link:

Connection blocked after reaching the maximum time .....

How can I avoid this blockage? I repeat the use is absolutely private

thank you

Posted by herv55595
Henagon

utilisateur gratuit, je ne suis pas une entreprise ni professionnel

Hello,

I have the use of teamviewer to help my friends to update the norton antivirus.

I help them maintain windows 10 in general everyday.

here is the essence of the use I make to help at a distance.

since a few days for your software teamviewer everything is cut after 15 seconds.

a message tells me that you assert me that I have a teamviewer use in a way that is not like an individual.

I write to tell you that I have nothing of a business. I am a human being who helps others be human for their computers and smartphone.

if I would be remunerer for it would be great except that no.

to finalize my message. I look at the price you offer. it's more expensive than the price of my internet access. it is imposssible for me to meet the requirements firancière. I am too poor for that.

and above all, I could not be a business on my own, I am handicapped in the world of employment.

but, thanks anyway for blocking me.

thank you for your attention. cordially

bonjour,

j'ai l'usage de teamviewer pour aider mes amis à mettre l'antivirus norton à jours.

je les aide pour la maintenante de windows 10 en général au quotidien.

voila l'essentiel de l'usage que je fait pour aider à distance.

depuis quelques jours pour vôtre logiciel teamviewer tout est couper après 15 secondes.

un message me dit que vous m'affirmer que j'ai une utilisation de teamviewer de façon qui n'est pas comme un particulier.

je vous écris pour vous dire que j'ai rien d'une entreprise. je suis un être humain qui aide d'autres être humains pour leurs ordinateurs et smartphone.

si je serait remunerer pour cela se serait génial sauf que non.

pour finaliser mon message. je regarder le prix que vous proposer. ça fait plus chère que le prix de mon accès à internet. il est imposssible pour moi de répondre aux exigences firancière. je suis trop pauvre pour ça.

puis surtout je ne pourrait être une entreprise à moi tout seul, je suis handicapé face au monde de l'emploi.

mais, merci quand même de me bloquer.

merci pour vôtre écoute. cordialement

Posted by Ibox
Electron

also, it warns you that you have 5 min and after 30/60 seconds disconnects.
Posted by Sleehrat00
Henagon

I too have now been hit with this notification, ironically on a computer that I JUST reinstalled windows on.  The second time that I logged into the computer, BAM, Commercial Use Suspected.

This is ridiculous.

I called customer support and they were incredibly rude as well, stating that they only speak to people on their help line that are paying license holders.  I get that, but you need to up your game on the customer support front, TeamViewer.  Even if you are telling someone that you can't help them, you don't have to be terse about it.

Based on this thread, I don't think that I can expect any help or return on the email that I sent them about the error either.

Posted by bemo47
Henagon

same for me.... all connections give this message after very short time !!!!
Posted by Ash18
Digon

I use my computers for my own personal use at home and have restricted access time automatically cause it detects it?

So I have 3-4 computers for my own personal use around the house one which is a server and others which are my laptop and home PC.

Since this new Teamviewer release, I've been having issues, which are whenever I go to connect to my computer which is upstairs or wherever in the house it then comes up with Auto commercial use? and restricts me to 5 minutes and this has been annoying...

To which my computers are still on the same network in the house just on different connections such as ethernet the upstairs wifi booster and the downstairs booster. I don't see that being the problem because they would all come under the same router IP?

Any ideas? 

Please help Smiley Sad

Ash

Posted by Dreinv
Electron

Free License Limitation

Hello,

first, sorry for my english... I'm french.

I have a free personnal version of teamviewer. Today, teamviewer  say to me " commercial utilisation detected" and close. But i'm not a professional...

Why i'm detected in professionnal use.

Can you help me ?

Posted by gdcalonder
Digon

Private use but teamviewer say commercial use

Dear Community

I've got the message that he think, that i''ve use teamviewer commercial but that isn't right. i had about a year ago for a half year a blockade because teamviewer say my trial license is ouver.

how i can show teamviewer, that i've dont use that commercial and teamviewer-members, if you read that thread, please note that i've alwaya use that privat. it's my personal computer what i've use only private.

[ID removed by moderator]

i know that this is pritty difficult because i'm a infonancial tecnology trainee but i've use that just private.

greatings, gian duri calonder, infornancial tecnology trainee

SUSPECTION TROUGHT COMMERCIAL USE

The Software looks used in commercial. Please look that the Free Version isn't for commercial Thinks use!

Thanks for your fairness

tv.png

Posted by Ady
Electron

Commercial Use Suspected, Connection terminated after 20 seconds

Teamviewer is now unusable, it permanently says commercial use suspected, and session is limited to 5 minutes. However session lasts less than 20 seconds before termination, and can't get back in.

Unable to sumbit a support ticket as this for paid users, and unable to submit log file for analysis because there is an upload limit for 2.5MB and my log file is 3MB.