Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Same problem here.

• I have the same problem, and can not contact the support ?????

• amirsachs
    amirsachs Posts: 1

I have a commercial license which I use to connect to my clients computers. At one of my clients, the owner of the company who travels extensivley is using teamiewer to access his desktop from his laptop/ipad.

He was recently flagged as using the software commerically. He logged a ticket with teamviewer and they emailed back to say: 

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer account has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

However, he is still unable to access his desktop from the laptop, and is getting the same message as before "The trial license of your connection partner has expired".

Can you point me in the right direction to try and assist him with this?

Thanks

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @amirsachs

Thanks for your post.

Since the error message says that the remote device is on an expired trial, it looks like your client chose "commercial" when installing the software. This is independent from the unblock for his device which has been suspected as commercial use. 

This article gives you some additional information about the expired trial: Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ?

Just to clarify: The "trial" and the "commercial use suspected/detected"-topics are two different things.

I hope this info help you and your client.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Activ3
    Activ3 Posts: 1

Why does not my free license work any more?

Does not work more than 1 minute.

It claims that I'm on business networks, but I'm on my private network.

• I am having this same issue when trying to connect to my home computers from my work computer or my phone. I then get a message when I try to reconnect that I am blocked for 10 minutes. Very frustrating.
  • dmitrytu
    dmitrytu Posts: 1

A similar problem from a home computer to a home computer

• jermontre
    jermontre Posts: 1

Same issue. 

• Lajull
    Lajull Posts: 1
    Idem, same probleme - 10mn to reconnect Oo
  • none4u
    none4u Posts: 2

Having the same problem and now the application is threatening me with account suspension.  This business detecting algorithm is getting way too aggressive.  I have sent in so many tickets and they still can't seem to figure out how to unflag my account.

• I have been using team viewer for years for personal use. one family member and a couple friends.  I have never had any problems until now.  I was able to find the "Personal Use Verification form", and submitted that after being told its really quick. 

I just called in to get an idea of the turn around time and they are telling me up to 30 days?! or just pay the subscription?!  

Its free for personal use or it isnt.  This is used conecting from my home to another home. not to a business, not to a server, etc.  I dont see how this was triggered.

I'd gladly pay 25+/year for personal use, but this just feels like a push to make ppl subscribe.  There are many free options but obviously I'm here because I think TV is the best option.

Any suggestions would be appreciated to expedite the issue.

• brentura
    brentura Posts: 1

why do i keep timing out straight away?

• b1oall23
    b1oall23 Posts: 1

Same thing for me.  I use it with family and friends and they told me that I use it on commercial use.  Where did they take it???????

• Dragomasta11
    Dragomasta11 Posts: 1

Same thing is happening to me. I attempted to send in the form to prove that i have only been using for personal use but upon looking in the teamviewer file there isn't a log file there so I cant submit. Is there anything that can done about this?

• joshmanea
    joshmanea Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem.  My free Teamviewer account thinks I am using it commercially.  I'm only using it occasionally to remote control one of my home computers to press a button quickly and then I log out.  Also, I have a ministry pastor I occasionally help him with tech stuff and he is in Spain.  I've never used it commecially.  Please help.  It locks me out after a few seconds and it's unusable.

Thanks

Josh

• Psy-Virus
    Psy-Virus Posts: 1

Same for me Josh.
    I'm using it for my server that's right behind me, 'cause I'm lazy :D
    And also for a bunch of friends, if they need support. If I would get paid for that it would be nice but hey - you don't get paid by your friends for PC support. O.o

C'mon TV-Team, what's happening?
    Btw. All that begun after I helped someone new yesterday for about 10 seconds, finding a program in the hidden taskbar menu of Windows.

Is there a new user limit that jumps in and activates that (We think u're using the software commercially) stuff?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: And to make it clear, I'm doing all this on a voluntary basis. No money, no company, no anything, just being a good guy. :D

• Just happened today, so we'll have to wait and see.  There are many options free and paid, but teamviewer works well and I like the interface.  

Like I said, I'd pay for a personal use license, but I'm not paying anywhere close to $600 per year to use once in a while.

With all the reports of the same problem, it feels like this is a push to catch commercial use. I understand that but if it cant be addressed and corrected quickly, then its simply not worth the effort.  There may be no desire to address free users, but there has to be a percentage of free users that convert for business. Why risk loosing those conversions on falsely flagged accounts?

• AlanW1
    AlanW1 Posts: 157 [Former Staff]

Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting. 

Please kindly refer to the article for more information about the commercial use. If you believe you are not a commercial user, you can fill the personal use verification form in the article and our engineer will check it.

• AlanW1
    AlanW1 Posts: 157 [Former Staff]

Hi Psy-Virus

Thank you for posting. 

Please kindly refer to the article for more information about the commercial use.

• pauldubbs
    pauldubbs Posts: 1

[deleted by moderator]  I highly suggest it. Available at the [deleted by moderator]  

• ty, I'll check it out.  I can work with anything but TV is great for the computer illiterate as well.

I should have mentioned I need something cross platform, as well.  Hoping they simply address my use tho so I can stay with TV

• After 15 seconds are up, it forces me to disconnect and it says to purchase a  license.  I thought this was free for personal use?

Guess I was wrong...

• balrog9
    balrog9 Posts: 3

I looked up other applications that can do the same job and found real and ultra **Third Party Product**. I used to use them before I found Teamiviewer, which I liked because I didn't have to constantly try and remember the IPs of my various machines but now I am going to go back to **Third Party Product**. I have had it with Teamsucks.

• tarascon
    tarascon Posts: 14 ✭✭

There is no algorithm. They are eliminating the more active users.

• owenegan
    owenegan Posts: 4

@tarascon wrote:

Don't know about that.  I actively used TV infrequently, but got shut down. I did often leave a connection open to a second computer that didn't have its own monitor attached.  I guess that could count as "use" though.  Whatever.   Chrome Remote Desktop.  Free.  Works. No **bleep**.

• tarascon
    tarascon Posts: 14 ✭✭

@owenegan wrote:

@tarascon wrote:

Don't know about that.  I actively used TV infrequently, but got shut down. I did often leave a connection open to a second computer that didn't have its own monitor attached.  I guess that could count as "use" though.  Whatever.   Chrome Remote Desktop.  Free.  Works. No **bleep**.

You bet that's use.

• AkshayB
    AkshayB Posts: 1

We are using as TeamViewer as Private (non commercial) but some how the Teamviewer have changed to Commercial and we are facing problem in it.

I request you to kindly check my log and please convert us back into Non Commercail use.

Thanking you

With regards

• KampfKraut
    KampfKraut Posts: 10 ✭✭

What the **bleep**...

I had a total of 2 computers out of 5 which were detected incorrectly.

Then I sent TeamViewer a list with the IDs of all my PCs.

Results. Now comes with ALL computers the note I would use Teamviewer Commercial .... Seriously? SERIOUSLY????

• maria_28
    maria_28 Posts: 2

I have the same problem. I solved by uninstalling TeamViewer and installing it again. Good luck.