TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Posted by andreas_f
Digon

Re: TV says I'm using a business network and times out after a few seconds

JeanKinzler,
wow, you have phrased it as ths is understood in your organisation
"...you will find plenty of information about YOUR issue."
Actually, imho it's TV's issue, not the users issue.
TV has started this, based on criteria and justified with details which never had posted before. Even (as it is in my case) when you never violated against the rules, I feel nasty treated and slandered without getting any proof from you.
Well, probably it's getting time to sue you for libel (the german word is Verleumdungsklage).
I have proof for your action, what do you have?
Posted by MarkJ409
Henagon

Re: Connection Blocked - Suspected Commercial Use

Hi....thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, maybe, I've updated to the latest 13.1.3629.   Because of my previous profession, I'm now having to "support" maybe 10 family computers, but 90% of the time I'm just logging into my home PC from my "new" office.  It allows me to monitor camera's and other activity at my house....lol

Posted by timwuz28
Henagon

Found another thread with similar issues and a couple of solutions to try.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/TeamViewer-showed-me-a-message-quot-Connectio...

Posted by mmicrosysm
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

[Removed by Moderator per Community Guidelines] <<< this pretty much sums up the support here.

Been using TV for non-commercial use for years, now I'm being flagged for using it on a Business Network... cpe-XX-XXX-XX-XX.cityremoved.res.rr.com is not a BUSINESS NETWORK!  I cannot even connect for more than 20 seconds and I get the pop up saying I've been 'timedout'.  Submitted a ticket but already know that is going nowhere. Instead of coming up with a personal version of TV that is affordable for us hobbyist and family tech support, you decided to just shoe us away. Bravo, guess what your competitor is going to make money off us as they listened. 

$588/yr is the lowest you offer and none of us that use it for non-commercial are going to fork that over. I'd rather go back to using Microsoft Remote Connection before I'd pay that.

Posted by KMS
Neutron

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

@PeteMc

Thanks for the suggestion, your post seems to have been deleted.  I do need something which supports Macs as well as Windows.

Frustratingly I've just realised I have to raise a ticket and upload a logfile for each machine in my group.  So that will be 6 or 7 tickets and the most critical machines are those with elderly relatives who are not local.  The minute or two of time I get in each session isn't enough to get the logfiles of.  I used to recommend TV a lot, I'd not recommend it to people using it to support dependent relatives now

I have in the past suggested to them that they have a domestic licence - a modest price for a modest support level and to support the product.  Looking at how these issues are managed I think its probably time to look for an alternative in either case.  This is plainly a regular problem and not well handled - sudden cut off, obscure process and multiple tickets required for one user.  Not surprising they are inundated

Posted by RLO
Digon

Re: Free Teamviewer keeps timing out after only one or two minutes connection

same problem repeatedly
Posted by timwuz28
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

I also have the same problem this morning. I don't believe you need to submit log file from all PCs. I believe you only need to submit the log file and ID for the PC that's having trouble connecting to the other devices.

The reason I said that is, I'm able to grab another PC from my network and access the other devices just fine. So it seems for whatever reason, only one of the PC on the network if affected by this issue. And I've only submitted the log file for this PC.

And for everyone who's affected by this, in the mean time, try another PC to access your other devices in the mean time as a workaround.

Posted by timwuz28
Henagon

By the way, I've also just posted a suggestion at that other thread that as a work around while waiting for support ticket to be reviewed and access restored.    Try using another PC to access your other devices.   It works for me.  So it seems the access ban is not account-wide, but individual PC that for whatever reason triggered the connection limit. 

Posted by suemccartin
Henagon

Well that's just rich isn't it.  I only have one 2 in 1 that I keep in the vehicle.  Would be nice if they sent an email before blocking you.  Seeing several posts here from today this is the first problem I've had in more than a year using the same laptop.  I guess it's time to look for another product if they treat people like this...even if it's just free use I'm still a potential paying customer this stinks. 

Posted by MarkJ409
Henagon

So, I was able to chat with sales briefly earlier, and they sent me a link to fill out a form.  I explained on the form that although my email address has the word "computer" in it, that I closed my business a year ago and now work for a non-profit.  I still "support" family computers, as I'm a nice guy and most of them live too far away from me to drive to fix issues.  Now, I sit and wait for them to decide if they're going to change my status from "Commercial/Personal" to just plain "Personal".  If they were to look at my log today, they'd see me logging in every 30 minutes or so, for the 2 or 3 minutes that they leave me connected, just to respond to messages....How long does it take for a decision to be made and the status changed??

Posted by suemccartin
Henagon

someone mentioned it may be limited to the device not the account how about sending an email first and not just unceremoniously cutting us off. I connect to my home pc(s) and check my security cameras that's all I do I guess it's time to look at a competitor that treats people better. Sad I really like team viewer but this is **bleep** and then to tell me it might take a month to get around to unblocking me? Oh **bleep** no.
Posted by timwuz28
Henagon

From that other thread, it would appear at least a few days for the ban to be lifted.  I'd suggest grabbing another PC to access your other devices in the mean time as a work around as mentioned earlier. 

Posted by suemccartin
Henagon

That's good advice assuming you have another laptop to use. I'm here not at home with only this laptop and now getting told it might take a month to get around to unblocking me....no sorry, you see something you don't like send me an email first don't just unceremoniously dump me with no question first. no this is wrong, at this point even if they unblock me I think I'm done with teamviewer.
Posted by alexnews
Proton

Re: License question

Unfortuanly they don't care anymore about people. The same happened to me. I have 3 kids and wife to support, but can't pay money everymonth. So have to swith to the different product. Good job team!! Hope you will going down in few months. Thank you for work at list for 2 years. 

Posted by KMS
Neutron

@timwuz28 wrote:

I also have the same problem this morning. I don't believe you need to submit log file from all PCs. I believe you only need to submit the log file and ID for the PC that's having trouble connecting to the other devices.

The reason I said that is, I'm able to grab another PC from my network and access the other devices just fine. So it seems for whatever reason, only one of the PC on the network if affected by this issue. And I've only submitted the log file for this PC.

And for everyone who's affected by this, in the mean time, try another PC to access your other devices in the mean time as a workaround.

Interesting.  I used my bare couple of minutes on my home machine to test the connection from there to my mother's and that seems to have the same problem.  Ditto my husband's.  I haven't tested all of them (half a doz, not all on line) but it seemed like the group was blocked rather than just one machine.  

For those upthread saying we should pay - I've suggested a domestic licence to TeamViewer in the past and got no response. I would be quite happy to pay for modest support fee however the entry price to TV is absurd for supporting half a dozen family machines with occasional connections.

Posted by alexnews
Proton

Re: "Commercial use suspected", but free users can't submit a ticket, so... ?

Scrue you and your team, if I'll find the way help my family with out you, I'll tell all my friends how to do it.

Posted by Mteal
Photon

Re: Disconnect after one minute

I have the same issue and it is VERY frustrating. 

Posted by 03buecoupe
Trigon

I just started getting the exact same thing.  I support my sisters and brother-in-laws computers. Have for years.   I'm hoping something is just **bleep** up on their end.

Posted by KMS
Neutron

This is interesting from an Aussie colleague (who like me uses TV to fix family machines when travelling for work).

https://run.teamviewer.com/fum-metering-conn-sub-au/

No rollover, monthly sign up needed, doesn't define a session for these purposes (eg is a session any continuous connection however long? Is there a max amount of data you could transfer?). Maybe the new owners simply don't feel they are getting enough money and rather than offer some form of domestic licence want families to buy into business support monthly sub. It isn't offered in my geography but I'm not sure I trust TV just now.
Posted by TV2
Henagon

Please Help!!!

I'm having trouble with my teamviewer, TeamViewer is saying connection blocked after timeout. your license limits are blocked. please try later.or upgrade your license. I HAVE A FREE VERSION. PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by 03buecoupe
Trigon

Same thing just started here. VERY frustrating!  And forget getting help.   

[Removed per Community Guidelines - TeamViewer Discussions only please

Posted by MarkJ409
Henagon

Wow...timing sucks...can't log in but every 10 minutes or so for less than a minute...Guess I'll bring a laptop in to my office tomorrow and attempt to log in wirelessly.....Smiley Sad

Posted by nice2bj
Electron

I switched to AnyDesk.  It's working so far I'm just getting used to it.

Posted by RanMan62
Henagon

Same here.

Posted by BernyHaider
Digon

why teamviewer 13 gets worse in the last weeks!

hy guys!

since the last updates of the, free for personal use, software, there are always messages about alleged commercial use and connection breaks to the partner! i have many devices and thus many ids to the same mail account! must i seriously send for each id a personal use request? for me, the teamviewer software is currently unusable and the windows 10 teamviewer app does not have all the features like the software!

bg

berny (a very angry user)

Posted by 03buecoupe
Trigon

Thanks,   Hopefully they'll fix  TV and that won't become necessary as my sisters and brothers in laws aren't the sharpest tacks in the box and walking them through another install would be painful.   But I'll look into it just in case!

Posted by Aggravated
Electron

I am having the same problem also. I found on their website that the free version will no longer be free if you have windows product. I called and I was asked are you going to buy anything, I said no, He says then I am not going to help you and he hung up. Wonderful customer service. I have uninstalled and installed and still does not work. They are recording IP addresses is why.

Posted by origami
Trigon

I am receiving the message "COMMERCIAL USE DETECTED" and then the session is limited to only 5 minutes, without the ability to re-connect without a delay.  I am using Teamviewer on a personal computer and I do not own a business.  Whatever method Teamviewer is using to "detect" commercial usage is obviously flawed.

Posted by The_Bear
Photon

I am getting the same issue.  Only happens when I use my gaming rig. 

Posted by PeterHah
Trigon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

TeamViewer had a security problem that was fixed.
https://heise.de/-4118201

Still waiting for them to investigate the commercial accusation issue.
Posted by DJ_Lushious
Henagon

With as much as this thread has blown up, I can only imagine there's some issue with the algorithm that causes non-commercial users to be seen as false-positives. Or TeamViewer is truly cracking down. Let's hope it's the former and not the latter. 

If I connect to my home computer from work to do personal stuff, does that count as me using the product for commercial use? Should it? I'm using the product to work on my personal computer, even though I'm on company resources. 

Posted by PeterHah
Trigon

As long as the problem persists and from what the reported reactions are, I wouldn't set my hopes too high.

They achieved their goal of removing 80% of TeamViewer users, I'd say.
Posted by mikelltea
Digon

I had been using Teamviewer to connect to my home computer (or wife's when she's having trouble) from work.  Because I have no input into what RDP method my company uses, I can't even suggest any software. Besides, it's my company policy to not allow us to connect to our home computers. Anyhow, a few weeks ago I started getting messages saying "suspected business use" or something to that effect. Since it wasn't true, I would simply click through. Of course, there is no challenge since TeamViewer's knowledge is absolute. Today I started timing out after a minute. It appears to be time to move away from TeamViewer and find another better remote.

Posted by mikelltea
Digon

Re: connection timed out?

Pretty sure it's the later. Bye, bye TV.

Highlighted
Posted by mmicrosysm
Trigon

Re: Already Gone

I've already started switching my systems and family systems to a TV competitor.

The little rogue tech guys can keep this garbage remote software.

Buh Bye TeamViewer

1 Reply
Posted by Napster
Digon

Re: Connection Terminated after around 5 minutes

I don´t know why you don´t understand what ive written 

team.JPG

It clearly says fee license but iam still not able to make use of it because the connection gets terminated after a few minutes

Posted by PeterHah
Trigon

Re: Already Gone

Good boy.
That's what they wanted.
Posted by Damienb
Henagon

I've swapped to [edited by moderator]. It's free and has worked really well in the last few weeks.

Posted by jbhatestmver
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Oh look, the tyrants censored me. I'll let them do it again... dwservice is who I've started migrating too. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather do business with comcast instead of these losers. 

Posted by TE5LA
Henagon

This appears to be a money grab from TeamViewer. Get thousands of people used to the software and then try to force a commercial account on them. I'm not buying that this "error" is being made to so many users here.

99.9% of my TeamViewer connections never leave my internal network because I'm using it to control a computer in the same room as this one. It's just more convenient than walking over to it. The other 0.1% is me logging into my home computer from work during lunch to check something I can't access from just anywhere. Nobody else is even ever involved in my use of TeamViewer and I'm getting these messages? I'm sure they are sending these out to everyone to see how many will fall for it. Sounds like phishing.

Posted by PeterHah
Trigon

They simply take down the load from their servers by about 80% (my estimation), probably to downscale the servers in an attempt to avoid bancruptcy.
Posted by TE5LA
Henagon

No it shouldn't unless you are somehow directly benefitting financially from it.

Posted by siaNYC
Electron

Now  I am using remotePC and the price for the commerical usage is a fraction of TeamViewer.

Posted by mmicrosysm
Trigon

Re: Can we at least get 5 minutes so we can...

TV can we at least get 5 minutes on our host PC's so we can upgrade them to something else??? Not even logged in for 20 seconds and I get this!!

Screenshot_103.png

I have 5 small systems at home that  I run without a keyboard. mouse or monitor as they are used for filesharing (NAS) and video.

UPDATE: Found a VMWARE workaround that allowed me to gain access to my 5 systems and Installed an alternative remote software. 

BYE TEAMVIEWER

Posted by 03buecoupe
Trigon

ROTFLMAO - I wish.... I REALLY hope it's just a screwup on their end that will be fixed shortly

@TE5LA wrote:

No it shouldn't unless you are somehow directly benefitting financially from it.

Posted by TE5LA
Henagon

Not sure I'd want to keep using this if the company can't even make a working email form.

Posted by mmicrosysm
Trigon

That form is useless! They do not want to hear from us, they want us to just go away as we are a burden on their system. Sadly this will affect them in the long run as the PR will crush them.

Screenshot_104.pngB******t

Screenshot_103.pngMore b******t

A little notification this was coming would've been nice. But nope create a **bleep** storm that will hurt you now!!!

Posted by elliott_alex
Digon

I switched to[Removed per Community Guidelines]- very happy with it.

Posted by gccradioscience
Digon

Re: commercial session was detected

I don't understand why these sessions are happenning like this.  Team Viewer needs to understand that computers these days are easy to get, especially without the Windows operating system that allows to install linux.   I use Team Viewer for home remote desktop sessions, because I cannot always get out of the bed or chair to go to another computer.  There is hardly any large income coming in. I cannot afford groceries most of the times.  There are 2 desktops in the living room for different applications, 2 other desktops which one is connected to linux, and the other is connected to Windows, and 2 small laptops.   Now we have to end up limiting connections now?    I will see about looking into another remote PC software soon in the near future, and soon discontinue use of this software.  I wish that they would give us more freedom.  Now they are detecting peoples usage and habits, and it seems they don't want us to hoard too many computers, and connect them to their network.  What else is new??     There is serious regulation going on here that is what is happenning.  They try to find the good users and then want to start making us get a commercial license.  Well guess what?  Who is going to afford this type of licensing when you're on a fixed, limited income?  What now?  Do we need to show our papers by scanning them such as showing our EBT cards, ID, and other personal information in order to continue to be free users??   

Posted by gccradioscience
Digon

I was on the phone with them for being a free user, and they love using the word "Unfortunitely".