TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Announcements

The board for the TeamViewer Expert Day is open for your questions - Join us here!

Highlighted
Posted by Homeuser2018
Henagon

commercial use notice and free lisence

Hey!

In my mind, I have been interested in how you determine commercial use.

So I have the home-user and help friends and relatives about once a month updates and other.

I am constantly receiving notifications of commercial use.

Finally, I would like to know why.

Whether it's the number of connections, the number of trusted devices, or the number of machines on my list.

I constantly get sent because of the commercial use of logfiles to you and ask to open a free use.

For information:

I have read the Terms and I think I have acted according to them.

I have no business and I can not get this money.

I even looked at a paid license, but I can not pay 400 € per year

I would have enough access to 20 machines even though 100 € a year, but such a license you do not have.

Tell me now why do your system always report for commercial use?

I do not want any automated system response but really discuss this

1 Reply
Posted by WhipCracker
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer account has been reset to free, but is still limited

Hi all,

I eventually reinstalled on my pc and eventually the issue went away.

Good luck!
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Professional vs Free

@mmicrosysm

I didn't say anything about the users opinion.

They were called a staff member which is a false statement.
I simply confirmed they were not a staff member and they do not speak for TeamViewer.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by dean50
Henagon

Well my account got a sanction again. (comercial use?)

Hello, Teamviwer manager.

Well, it seems my account got a sanction again.

The notice says me that my account is being used for comercial purpose.

I only use my account to access an online game 'Maplestory' at the outside of my house.

To be honest, my PC (that is used for playing game) doesn't even have 'Microsoft Office'. I don't install the office programs because I don't want to make my pc slow.

I have total 2 pcs and 1 mac book. But I only use account on a pc and macbook for gaming.

My 1 other pc is for work but I don't use Teamviwer on that pc tho.

I wonder why I'm keep getting this sanction.

Please help me.

Sincerely,

Dean

Posted by abrs110
Henagon

help

Hi all can anyone help .

I use teamvier to log into my PC at home I am kno wgetting a message you using for comercila use.

How does fix this as i am not using for comerial use it private

Posted by mmicrosysm
Trigon

Re: commercial use notice and free lisence

Yes, TV does not want to tap into the Personal License income potential. Instead would rather deem us all villains!
Posted by rosebud
Photon

Commercial Use Suspected, but not using Commercially

I am using thre free version 13.x of TeamViewer and have received a notification that I'm using it for commercial purposes.  I am not and connect to my PC and laptop via my phone for personal use.  This notice has been displayed twice in the past years and was resolved with my sending logs.  I do not see a location on the web site to contact anyone to send these logs so this misunderstanding can be resolved.

Please help.

Thank you!

Posted by BoobFrog
Henagon

Re: Account angeblich kommerziell genutzt bei ausschließlicher Privatnutzung

Hello my account was flagged as commercial, although I only used it privately.

How can you change this again?
Posted by RemotePC
Digon

Re: Account angeblich kommerziell genutzt bei ausschließlicher Privatnutzung

The easiest would be switching to a different provider that is not constantly **bleep** their users....

Posted by tarascon
Trigon

@DanoNH wrote:

Stop the TV software/service and/or reboot...

@tarascon wrote:

LOL. I just received an email that my account was restored to non-commercial. Guess what- I can't connect to a single computer of mine. All flagged as commercial. LOL

Nope. Still blocked. It was worth waiting 3 weeks /*sarcasm*/

Posted by bobkoz
Electron

TeamViewer 13 wants me to buy a license

I've been using Teamviewer free for personal use for years and now I'm being asked to buy a commercial license. Why am I getting this message? I just use it for personal use.

Posted by Grandmstrbud
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer 13 wants me to buy a license

I've used TV as long as it's been around and then this. Oh well I don't mind [Removed per Community Guidelinesthough it's pretty good

Posted by Kennycr
Henagon

Re: Disconnect after one minute

Thanks for the tip.  I too switched to [Removed per Community Guidelines].  Even a professional license is [Removed per Community Guidelinesnot Thousands

Posted by 03buecoupe
Trigon

What ever they changed, they "unchanged". TV is back to being solid again... <phew...>

Posted by elliott_alex
Digon

Too late - they lost my trust and I've moved on to another product.

Posted by gccradioscience
Digon

I feel like I have been banned from using the software.  After all these years they found out how much of a good sport I am using their software and then decided to make that move to cut me off around July of this hot summer of 2018.     I am using[deleted by moderator] now, and it's working out for me. If I want to use file transfer I will just use Google Drive as my transfer site and cloud server. TV is not going to be reinstalled on my PC's anymore.  

Posted by pugger
Electron

same issue here trying to use TV to access my headless personal pc. It's not even giving me enough time to install another remote admine before it kicks me off. This is a really poor way of telling us to stop using your **bleep** service.

No way will I ever recommend this software to anyone. I actually referred 2 businesses, I will now make sure they move to another company.

Teamviewer, the **bleep** of remote admins.

Posted by DanoNH
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I am a personal user since TeamViewer 9, and now I'm in the same boat (again).

I'm on week #2 here, waiting for a second resolution to this. In May, I contacted TV via chat (It's there somewhere), and after explaining to the very polite agent, they looked at my account and whitelisted my personal use connecting to my home computers ONLY.

Now, it's happened again, even though I connect only outbound to my home machines... It is clearly because I'm behind a work domain, but my use qualifies as personal (I've read the terms a few times in case I possibly missed something).

I find it hard to believe that their sales staff is so busy that they can't help with this issue. If they cared, they could check the software settings used for being able to access suspected domain machines remotely.

Here's a thought: They could have offered a modest, one-time fee for licensing personal use! One can dream...

At any rate, I share the common sentiment here that TeamViewer doesn't give two piles of **bleep** matter about free users. Business must be slow if they are resorting to ineffective scare tactics like this. The censorship of competitor product names here is the icing on the **bleep** cake we're being offered. I do digress...

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]
Life is too short! Peace!

EDIT: And there's the censorship at play... FFS.  [comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policyNo nags, no trouble.  Simple functionality.  Tis a beautiful thing.  

Posted by batguano
Henagon

Same happened to me beginning yesterday - July 30. After a minute, a window opens with the message "Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed." That's it. No explanation of why it was closed. No mention of suspected commercial use.

Has anyone tried setting up another TeamViewer account to see if the problem still occurs?

Silence from TeamViewer management and support. Disappointing but then again it's free for personal use. Perhaps time to look for another solution.  Any advice on alternatives that support both PCs and Macs?

Posted by cofelyprison
Henagon

Teamviewer 13 not available unblock

Hello,
I called support to have my free account unlocked,
I was directed on community.teamviewer.com
I use this session once a month for personal purposes,
Thank you for your answers

Posted by mijens
Henagon

Same for me.
For the second time.

3 users; Me, My father and a shared server.
No commercial activities at all.

Could it be that i used my work email in the registration?

TV works great but i really need to find another solution.

Posted by Tealeaf
Photon

Similar thing happened to me using Teamviewer 13:

Tried logging in to my elderly father's PC remotely this morning to help him pay a bill and was getting multiple disconnects, almost to the point of 'click anything' and I got disconnected.   It disconnected so often that I got locked out of his PC for a period.

Any clues what is wrong?

Posted by mijens
Henagon

Yes and no. My problem is that TV for some reason think i am using it for commercial purpose and want me to pay for the service. It could be the same for you, but I dont know.
Posted by BrunoLIVERNAIS
Neutron

Re: Teamviewer 13 not available unblock

Same request for me...

Posted by p421id
Digon

Re: Teamviewer 13 not available unblock

Same request for me. I use teamviewer 13 latest update, free user. Never use for commercial purpose.

I have been using teamviewer for the past few years to occasionally support family and mostly just access my desktop at home.

I switch laptops a lot though, but that has never caused a problem for me. Only when this update 13 dropped I am flagged as a commercial user.

I use mostly windows 10 enterprise for the operating system, sometimes windows 10 pro but not on all systems.

Please fix the issue for me, I have submit support ticket 2 times but still no notification of response!

Posted by p421id
Digon

false positive account?

Hi, I use teamviewer 13 and apply latest update, I am free user. I  never use for commercial purpose/machiine.

I have been using teamviewer for the past few years to sometimes support family and most of the time (99%) just to access my desktop at home.

I switch laptops a lot though, but that has never caused a problem for me. Not sure if this is the issue.

Only when this update 13 dropped I am flagged as a commercial user, which I am absolutely not.

I use mostly windows 10 enterprise for the operating system, sometimes windows 10 pro but not on all systems.

Please fix the issue for me!

Posted by LuisNaldo7
Henagon

Same for me. The only thing that could make TV think I'm a commercial user is that my machines are running 24/7
Posted by nortiz76
Henagon

Teamviewer thinks I am using this for commercial use!

I use teamvier for my personal computer for many years.  All of a sudden, Teamviewer thinks that I am using it for commercial and want me to buy a licesnse.  How do I contact them to rectify this?  I tried calling them but I get no where becuase I am a free user and do not have a license number.

Please help!!

Posted by johnbrown
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer: Commercial use

As I submitted this to TV, of course, I got an error message.  Sorry to have to do this like this TV but I can't find any other way to get to a solution that as a free version user, I am entitled to.

YES! Your decision to go after everyone using free TV is criminal! All of us who help family and friends are getting **bleep** by TV. People that count on our help cannot get immediate help as you force us to find the time to go to their homes to fix their problem, as that also wastes our (MY) time. You are cold hearted and greedy with no regard for your actions to increase your revenue. I complied and sent you the information you requested, as you apologized that it will take a long time to fix because you have such a large backlog to deal with. Meanwhile our family and friends and ourselves SUFFER because of your blind actions! You need to normalize my TV immediately!!!

Your failing to do so will cause me to leave a copy of this message everywhere I can find that discusses TV AND to go public looking for as many TV free users that have endured your horrible actions against them and create a campaign to to tell the truth about your actions and to provide them with other means to use similar free services!!!
Finally, I will bring in a corporate attorney to consider what actions we can take against your company, as well as what compensation we should seek!!!

[Email address removed by Moderator per community guidline]

Posted by Brandoaz
Henagon

Commerical use AGAIN.

i know there are several threads, but maybe just maybe someone can get me back in action:
first got "tagged" back in march ,submitted ticket # : 3966522, resolved in 4 days:
got tagged agian 5 days ago, responsed to the original ticket and was told no issue/ mo comerial use suspected. i tried again, still getting the popup and warning, responded to original ticket agian, nothing.

Started a second ticket and resubmitted the log:
Ticket ID: 4266154

Please can someone form Teanviewer get this resolved for me i am NOT using the software commercially, i use it to help family a friends, NO charging for any help.

Posted by p421id
Digon

Re: Teamviewer thinks I am using this for commercial use!

this needs to be resolved immediately, unacceptable trying to force personal users to buying a license
Posted by webseodev
Henagon

Stunning advertising company of competitors was successful. I almost completely refused to use (in any kind) TV [Removed per Community Guidelines] . I did not write any tickets. But now I can again use TV as a private user. Suspicions in commercial use have disappeared by themselves. Probably they waited for the payment to come to **Third Party Product**. ROFL

Posted by annoyed
Photon

Commerical Use !!

Dear Teamveiwer I was told by sales to submit a ticket.... got a ticket number a month ago and no one has replied. Because.... ?  I am a free user, I had to change my email address from my personal to my work email as we got hacked. I use teamveiwer to cotact my hushband and daughter,s, one who has health issues and requires constant care. Team viewer is the fastest way of reaching my family when something goes wrong. But since I had to change my email address to my work email address you keep dropping me out, saying I am a business !! And yet no one has bothered to contact me. I noticed in a similar post that you noted this is public forum and should be taken up with support.... a bit hard to get support when no one replies... My ticket number is 4208519. I am hoping that my next post shall be more positive so anyone who wishes to actually purchase the license knows that we also be getting support when required. 

Posted by blc
Henagon

Re: Commerical Use !!

i got a reply after approximately a month. It said they switche it back to free, yet the commercial message still pops up. i've submitted another ticket but dont have high hopes

Posted by waces
Trigon

Re: Commerical Use !!

OK, so TV officially ignores the free uses. THis forum is not for getting support (_NO_ tv supporter in the threads, there are a few mods with limited/zero technical knowledge (which is fine as they role only to keep the forum nice and tidy but not to answer the users).

The questions are still valid and unanswered ones:

Dear TV "support", as the days goes by and we never ever received any support from your end please take a minute to answer the questions below:
- what's the official and working support way for free users, if any (this forum is more like user's discussion and not the place where we receive information from the customer support team.)
- will ever TV send out proofs about the commercial usage for the users _before_ they become banned? if not, why?
- do you still believe you have right to ban users without prove the violation? it's nothing more than false acquisition. Without proper notification and valid proofs it's a bit unfair. I personally believe that you simply _can't_ prove the violation. Now it's your turn to talk round. [pro tip for free: stop banning the users now -> create a proper algorithm and a proper notification schedule -> distribute it -> start banning users after you can prove something. You're welcome]

I'm more than happy to get a mail about my previous issue where someone from the technical team point out where and how I violated the free user policy. Even in public.
Posted by Grandmstrbud
Trigon

I don't mind  **Third Party Product**. All TV does anymore is come in and remove posts. I wonder how much they have made from legit personal users who gave in and purchased it? 

Posted by cpatafio
Henagon

Re: Commercial use suspected pop-up message

Hello All...

I've been having the same issue for the last year. The message starts popping up, I submit a request to fix it, several days later I receive confirmation that it's been fixed. That resolves it for several months... then, it starts up again and I go through the same process all over again.

The reason I'm posting here this time is because, this time, it's been over a week with no response from TV. To make matters worse, even though the message states I'll be cut-off after 5 minutes, I actually get cut-off after about 10 seconds!

Anybody have any better luck getting this issue permanently resolved?

Clem

Posted by Louis19
Electron

Error submitting the Commercial Use Suspected Ticket Form

I got an error when submitting the Commercial Use Suspected Ticket Form

Please Help. Thank you!Teamviewer Error.JPG

Posted by Elbimster
Neutron

Re: Account says I am commercial

I'm getting the same message. Very frustrating. How do they know what we're doing while logged in? Are they viewing our computers? Pretty sure that's a privacy violation . . . .
Posted by Brandoaz
Henagon

Re: Commerical use AGAIN.

Just wanted to say thank you to Teamviewer for resoving my issue as i posted it below . i am back to being able to use the free version without issue.  Not sure if this post or the trouble ticket i submitted or both that triggered the help.
Thank you again

@Brandoaz wrote:

i know there are several threads, but maybe just maybe someone can get me back in action:
first got "tagged" back in march ,submitted ticket # : 3966522, resolved in 4 days:
got tagged agian 5 days ago, responsed to the original ticket and was told no issue/ mo comerial use suspected. i tried again, still getting the popup and warning, responded to original ticket agian, nothing.

Started a second ticket and resubmitted the log:
Ticket ID: 4266154

Please can someone form Teanviewer get this resolved for me i am NOT using the software commercially, i use it to help family a friends, NO charging for any help.

Posted by mbehmazia
Henagon

Re: Commercial use detected, but it`s private use ?!

I am having the same issue as well. Just started with version 13. Teamviewer's algorythem for commercial detection sucks. Whoever wrote it should be fired. I have been a free user for persnal user for 5 years, now I can't use anything. Bad move Teamviewer

Posted by Dadwithtowel
Henagon

After several years of great free use, i am now being flagged as commercial.  I am only using it for the computers in my own house and only for my own projects.  I tried to submit a ticket, but I don't have a licence number, is there a way I can have my account reviewed and reset to personal use?

Posted by Entium
Henagon

At this point I have gotten NO **bleep** response from Teamviewer, this coming weekend I WILL set up my own VPN and will tell my IT guys at the company I work for COMCAST/NBC NOT TO USE TEAM VIEWER ANYMORE

Granted I'm using the free one for not work purposes just my home systems and devices, but still this is rediculous behavoir for a company that makes 45 bucks a month a single **bleep** license!

Posted by ericsatie
Digon

..and everytime I access my own pc, I need to reconfirm it as "known". The same happens with the usual browsers and, every time I have to authorize it! To say that it is stupid behavior is a great compliment!!!:-))
Posted by cmderrx
Digon

After reading through all of the same issues that I am also experiencing and not seeing even 1 reply for a resolution it is apparent that TV does not care. 

Best responses from TV are post edits by moderators. 

If your throwing your product out there and advertising FREE personal use then support it or remove it.  The company actions are revealing their true nature and I can only expect no support even if I were to buy commercial use.  TV is living up to the trend of no customer care or support.  I am sure that part of the goal of the free private use is to drive people to a paid use but the total lack of care to even respond to this matter only leads me to believe that I would receive the same lack of care or response to isses as a paying customer.

Thanks for the "heads up" TV, I now know what NOT to pay for!

Edit:  I just looked at the page tab of my browser and see "Solved:..."  Really?  Where is the resolution?

Posted by tarascon
Trigon

@cmderrx wrote:

After reading through all of the same issues that I am also experiencing and not seeing even 1 reply for a resolution it is apparent that TV does not care. 

Best responses from TV are post edits by moderators. 

If your throwing your product out there and advertising FREE personal use then support it or remove it.  The company actions are revealing their true nature and I can only expect no support even if I were to buy commercial use.  TV is living up to the trend of no customer care or support.  I am sure that part of the goal of the free private use is to drive people to a paid use but the total lack of care to even respond to this matter only leads me to believe that I would receive the same lack of care or response to isses as a paying customer.

Thanks for the "heads up" TV, I now know what NOT to pay for!

Edit:  I just looked at the page tab of my browser and see "Solved:..."  Really?  Where is the resolution?

There is no resolution because there is no "glitch". This is all by design. Dumping free users using a passive-aggressive technique.

Posted by cmderrx
Digon

Oh I agree! I was trying to be nice as I could. The real resolution is obvious to me; uninstall TV and use my other options. This is obviously not going to even be addressed by TV! Sad!!!
Posted by RetiredTeacherD
Henagon

Re: Reset licence - free user

They do not respond to the form very quickly.

Posted by kg6ebj
Photon

WTH!!! Commercial use Suspected for using this Software 4-6 times a month???

what the **bleep** guys, Again you have Mucked with my account, it seems like at least once a year I am submitting this Email to you, What Gives?
Now you won't even Accept the Email so I will post it here and wait 5 business days for a resolution, then I am going to smear this statement all over every social media profile I have.

if I were connecting to multiple systems at once, or an outrageous number of of systems per day or month I could see your thinking I was using this commercially. but connecting to 2-6 computers a MONTH is NOT commercial use.  Please remove the Block from my account again or I will simply Switch my method of helping my Family and I will Make sure to VLOG and Blog about why you should NEVER use TeamViewer unless you are a commercial customer.

Original Message from 3 years ago when it started.

ok… I do not know who to write this to, I am the only computer literate person in a large family, (5 sisters + their husbands, mom and dad, and 19 nieces/nephews) not including my wife and laptop.  I just recently began getting a message stating that you suspect commercial use and your product is no longer working the way it has for the last 2-3 years.

what the **bleep** gives?  I finely get my family trained enough so that they can find the link, and click on it and give me the code to help them, and now the program no longer works?

I have no issues contributing to the cost of running your services. if you had a reasonably priced family package for non commercial use. but as I do not make any money from doing anything for my family, and I can’t easily drive to GA from CA, please help me resolve this issue.

Posted by Fidolido
Digon

Re: WTH!!! Commercial use Suspected for using this Software 4-6 times a month???

you are breaking the rules.... one computer, ok,..... but more than five? pay for a license already or use something else.... I don't like teamviewer's new subscription theme either but have an older license, version 12 as I connect to family and work. But that doesn't stop them from trying to trick me into updating to version 13 whereas if I did, I'd be locked out of my contract with version 12. I don't blame them for trying but there will be a day when they will f me royally. No worries though, I have alternatives in the works as I'm tired of the games they play. Look on line for alternatives.....