Posted by driver111
Henagon

Commercial use alert every few weeks.. its driving me crazy.

I only use teamviewer to connect to my computers when I'm out of town.

This is probably the 8th time in a row this has happened now. I'm not doing anything dodgy i'm literally just remoting in to my home security pc and my study computer. 
Waiting 2 weeks to get the commerical use alert removed to use it again is annoying and within a couple of weeks it comes back. ARGH.
Cant something be done, teamviers commercial detection doesnt work.

Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

Teamviewer was expired

I'm a student, i try to creat account free but i don't know why it show on display " teamviewer trial and 1 day remaining " please help me check my account. I use teamviewer for control my laptop of studing some time i control laptop of sister for help her because my specialized is IT. 

Thanks

Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Re: Teamviewer was expired

Hello @Photosthanh,

Thank you for your message.

You will need to fill out the personal verification form.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired'?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

Thanks yous for repply my trouble but I can't find verification form. Please give me verification form. I still waiting for you because mt account have been lock ( 0 day remaining ).

Posted by gboy8510
Photon

Declaration of Personal Use

I have completed the Decalaration of Personal Use form but do not know for what device this message was for. I use Teamviewer only for personal use (family and my own PCs) for many years. By accident I deleted the original message so I don't know to whom I can return this form to.

Can you help?

Thank you 

Highlighted
Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

Re: Declaration of Personal Use

I use Team Viewer for my family and i don't use Team Viewer foe make a money ( business ). But i don't know why my Team Viewer was expired and now i can't use my TeamViewer. i need your help so early. Thanks.

2 Replies

Hi @Photosthanh ,

thank you for your post.

Please read these articles Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ? / Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'  for more information. There you can also find the form you are looking for.

If you need more information, please let me know :)

Have a nice day, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

Maybe i was complete and now my Team Viewer can't run besause 0 day remaining. :3 :3 :( :( :(

Posted by Baibon
Henagon

Please change me to free version.

Dear TeamViewer Support,

I'm use TeamViewer for remote to my computer at home. TeamViewer not me "use commercial version for 5 mins". Please change me to free version.

ID: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**, **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Thank you,

Mr. Kasama [the personal information has been removed]

Posted by pjgfi
Henagon

Commercial use

For some reason, yesterday I had a session with no warning at all.

Can't remember if you get the warning AFTER you've chosen the distant PC in the list?

Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

Re: Commercial use

Team Viewer make me so sad and so trouble. although i need Team Viewer so much but i can't use it and now i wil unintall because this is only option i can do it..

Thank you so much for reply my message. :( :(

Posted by Underwhelmed
Digon

Not read, Deleted: Declaration of Personal Use

As directed, I completed and signed the “Declaration of Personal Use” forms. 
As I did not know which TeamViewer ID was the subject of the "audit", I completed and signed forms for each I use, attached as PDF files, and sent each to salesteam@teamviewer.com
Shortly afterwards, I receive a reply to each email with a Subject of "Not read: Declaration of Personal Use ..." and containing (in the email Body) "... was deleted without being read on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:50:33 AM (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna."
 Is anyone else getting similar results?
And,
What am I doing wrong?
How do I correctly send these forms to the TV sales team without them automatically being deleted?
Any help is appreciated!

Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

So tired and i try unstall Team Viewwer.

thanks you.

@pjgfi wrote:

Can't remember if you get the warning AFTER you've chosen the distant PC in the list?

@pjgfi wrote:

Hi @Photosthanh ,

thank you for your post. Could you please send me in a DM your email address to see, if we received your form?

Please remember that this takes a bit of time to change the status of your account, so please be a bit patient.

Have a very nice day!

Alena

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Posted by chjohans
Henagon

Yeah right, like filling out that form makes any difference whatsoever. I did that months ago, 3 times, no response no nothing and TeamViewer still claims I'm using the software commerically. Which I'm not doing, never hade and certainly never will after this, like they know better than myself what I'm doing.

Anyhow my solution was to uninstall TeamVIewer and install a (free) competitors product. No more "commercial usage" message, and no more TeamViewer, ever!

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the time I've been able to use their software for free. But I also think that as long as they have a "free usage" policy for non-commercial personal use they should honor that - and not falsely claim "commercial use" when it's not! That is just unethical, and I certainly don't want to deal with unethical companies, and even less do I wan't to give them any of my hard earned money.

Re: Not read, Deleted: Declaration of Personal Use

Hi @Underwhelmed,

thank you for your post. 

I think the problem is that you attached the files in PDF form and sent them to sales. 

Please read this article Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ? . There, you will find the link to the form you have to fill up (and upload your log files).

Please let me know if I can provide you with more information.

Have a nice Thursday :)

Alena 

Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

yes. Maybe i try to resent.

Thank you. :( 

Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

(edited by moderator)

i have 2 account. Maybe this is **please do not post private information** or **please do not post private information**. Please help me check again.

Thanks.

Posted by Underwhelmed
Digon

Thanks for the quick response, and suggestion, AlenaC!
However, I was just following the instructions TeamViewer emailed me:

-------- Original message --------

Date: 4/9/19 8:00 AM (GMT-06:00)

To: xxxxxx@xxxxxx

Subject: WARNING: Possible Violation of EULA
Dear TeamViewer User,
We are contacting you today for purposes of license auditing pursuant to sect. 3.9 of the TeamViewer End User License Agreement (EULA). The EULA governs your usage of the TeamViewer product. You accepted the provisions of the EULA upon downloading the TeamViewer client.
Pursuant to the EULA, the personal use of TeamViewer is free of charge. However, based on analysis of your product usage , we have reason to believe you are using the product in a commercial context. Per the EULA, commercial use requires a paid license. Please visit https://w w w. teamviewer. com/en/buy-now/ for an overview of appropriate license offerings or contact us directly at (888) 269-6705.
If your use should indeed be solely for personal use, please provide us with your declaration of personal use. Please fill out and sign this form and return to salesteam@ teamviewer. com.
Please keep in mind that should you fail to clarify your usage of the TeamViewer product, you are in breach of the EULA and your usage may be throttled or blocked completely. TeamViewer reserves the right to take further action for purposes of enforcement of the license terms under the EULA.
Sincerely,
Your TeamViewer Team

There are no additional instructions, so I filled out and signed the form, attached it as a PDF file to an email and sent to salesteam, as instructed. I did this for each of the 5 TV ids I have, because there was no indication in the original TV email WHICH TV id had been flagged. Also, tried attaching all 5 to one email. Every email attempt resulted in the "NOT READ ...deleted" response I reported earlier.
I was flagged and "banned" from TV use last summer and went thru the process you suggested to get the ban "lifted". However, the whole process took well over a month. I was hoping that filling out the form and returning to [email removed by moderator], as instructed, would keep me from being banned to start with.

I do not and have not used Teamviewer for commercial purposes. I do have a PLEX media server on one of my home computers and do subscribe to a VPN which I use occasionally. Again, only personal, non-commercial use. Could either of these be the reason I have been flagged as commercialflagged as commercial use?
TeamViewer is a fantastic product and I am grateful for being able to use it for free. But it is frustrating when I've followed the minimal instructions provided, spent a lot of time responding, and still apparently am no better off than when I started. I fully expect I will be banned soon for not responding to the WARNING email.
Thanks, again, AlenaC!

Posted by pv7721
Pentagon

@Underwhelmed : just by sheer curiosity, what's the email client that managed to tell you that they deleted your email without even reading it?!?

Posted by Underwhelmed
Digon

Outlook 365
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hello @Underwhelmed and everyone,

Thanks for your posts and feedback. We apologize for any confusion.

Regarding the Personal Use Declaration forms, I have verified with our team that the message received, regarding the replies being deleted without being read, is being generated incorrectly by our ticket system.

Please rest assured we are reviewing all responses that we receive to the email replies.

I hope this helps clarify!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Posted by amolpatel
Electron

Re: suscpicious usage

Same goes for me as well. I am going to switch app. Is there a way to add Teamviewer in an iframe of my website?

https://healthhakim.com
Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

I got the warning again. I was just checking my home while traveling again. This time they "suspect" instead of "know".

This time my connection partner is also me since it's my PC at home. So I am connecting from my PC to my other PC and neither one of me is commercial. Last time I got suspended my connection partner was my mother and at 85 years old she is not commercial either. None of these PCs I mentioned are using a server OS. The only thing I can't know or control is the wifi connection I am connected to. If I log in from a hotel or McDonalds or Starbucks is that commercial use?

I would think Teamviewer is more awesome if they didn't keep accusing me falsely.

Screenshot 2019-04-15 08.56.33.png

Posted by Bmac1122
Henagon

Trail Period Expired

Good Afternoon, 

Ive contacted you guys servel times and even create a ticket. Still nothing. Its been over a month and still trying to use TV on my laptop and keeps getting the same msg. Not sure what to do at this point. I use TV to help my dad on his desktop and use it at home for recordings shows.. nothing else. Any one have any soultion how to fix this problem?

The ticket system is very slow and almost feels like FREE COUSTOMERS are on back buruner with them.. its kind of sad 

Any help would be great. 

Posted by Bmac1122
Henagon

Good Afternoon, 

Ive contacted you guys servel times and even create a ticket. Still nothing. Its been over a month and still trying to use TV on my laptop and keeps getting the same msg. Not sure what to do at this point. I use TV to help my dad on his desktop and use it at home for recordings shows.. nothing else. Any one have any soultion how to fix this problem?

The ticket system is very slow and almost feels like FREE COUSTOMERS are on back buruner with them.. its kind of sad 

Any help would be great. 

Posted by pv7721
Pentagon

Unless using an unnamed alternative or getting a very expensive annual license, there is nothing else to do.

Posted by lfabbri
Photon

Business to Personal

I am using a computer where the previous user had a trial business account.  The trial has expired.  Now that I am using this computer I want to use a personal account instead of business but I can't see where I can change this?

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

I found out it's my PC at home that they "think" is being used commerically. When I connect from the hotel to my mom's PC there is no warning. When I connect from the hotel to my own PC I get the warning.

My PC at home is a small (4" x 4" x 2") PC running Windows 7. It is connected to the TV so I can watch YouTube or other videos and I can also monitor my security cameras while I'm away. Absolutely nothing commercial. I usually connect to it remotely and very, very rarely I might connect from it to my upstairs PC for the TV up there.

I don't see how they could possible consider that commerical.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

PS: So can I submit a request to get this PC fixed before it gets fully blocked?
Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

I just had a thought. TV is claiming my PC at home is being used commercially and since I am connecting to it, I should buy a license. Now it's not being used commercially. It's being used so I can play videos on my living room TV. (that's television, not teamviewer.) But hypothetically, just because a connection partner uses TV commercially, does that mean when I connect to it I am also commercial? Suppose it's my brother who uses TV for business sometimes. But when I connect to his PC it's for personal reasons. Why does that make me commercial????

Posted by Jakal2004
Henagon

Rollback teamviewer to free version - Please HELP

Dears,

i'm looking for help from more than one month, i opened tickets, tried to restart teamviewer service, reinstalled the program and i think everything is possible to solve it but i'm still in the same position. Is impossible to back to the Free version.

I use Teamviewer for Private purposes as "NON Commecial use" since man years, but i don't know why at one point, more than 1 month ago, it stated that i was using the software for Commercial use.

The message start to appear in my Notebook PC and in My Desktop PC (where i share the same teamviewer account) where i usually connect.

I tried to contact you via ticket different times with no answers, and while i was waiting for your help, in order to use the software, i reinstalled teamviewer by choosing "commercial use", by doing this i was able to use it for other 2 weeks while i was waiting your help, but NONE help me and now in my:

Notebook ( TEMVIEWER ID **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**) & Desktop (TEMVIEWER ID **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**) the trial period has expired and even if i tried to reinstall it as "NON COMMERCIAL USE" I'm always getitng the message that my trial period has expired.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me to solve i really don't know what to do more and i really need to use teamviewer, i dont want to change my favourite software.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Regards

Fabio

Posted by makelblack
Henagon

they think im a bussnes

they think im a bussnes but i use it to game when im in school what do i do to stop it ? 

Posted by smustafa1982
Digon

Suspected of Commercial Usage: Managing my sons Type1 Diabeties

Good Day all and apologies if I am totally doing this wrong.

My son has Type1 Diabeties, and he has a mobile phone which has an application on it (AndroidAPS) that controls his blood sugar all the time, however I still need to give him insulin for correction and for meals.

EveryDay Usage:  My android phone (OnePlus5) connect to my sons mobile phone (OnePlus3).  Connection Frequency:  As I am ocd, I tend to connect frequently.  Time-for-each-connection:  Seconds.

I can provide medical papers of his diabeties and can provide serial numbers of both phones.

Now I can't do this anymore, it is blocking me and delaying me from logging in, saying I am using it commercially.   

Please advice.  very urgent.

Regards

Susan

Posted by smustafa1982
Digon

Re: Suspected of Commercial Usage: Managing my sons Type1 Diabeties

I just filled out this form also,

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Please inform me if I need to do anything else.  Thank you

Hi @smustafa1982 ,

thanks for your post. Good that you have filled up the form to reset your account. 

If you send me your e-mail via private message, I can check, if we have received the form.

Have a nice day,

Alena

Posted by smustafa1982
Digon

Hi,

I just tried to do that.   It contains my email.  Could you kindly check your private messages.

Thanks,

Susan

Posted by JoanT
Henagon

Re: Suspected commercial use?

Teamviewer licens team have seriouse isues. Lot of people have this problem and they just cant understand. **** people?

Posted by smustafa1982
Digon

I think it might be something that was introduced recently into the app, perhaps they will see the frustration it is causing people + the amount of work that is required to resolve those issues, will make them rethink the feature..

Posted by pv7721
Pentagon

Actually we the free users we don't generate ANY revenue, while we do probably use TV resources (when connecting over the Internet, we go through their servers, so that must use bandwith and CPU power), maybe they don't want this anymore. I'm sure (anyway I hope that this is the case) that if we were paying customers, our issues would have been solved.

Posted by xrille
Photon

Using a free subscription but Teamviewer consider the opposite? Why?

Posted by MattPilz
Henagon

Re: Using a free subscription but Teamviewer consider the opposite? Why?

TeamViewer should be complelled to provide us with the specific "analysis of product usage" that they believe gives them "reason to believe you are using the product in a commercial context."

I received this email today despite only using TeamViewer to help a single visually-impaired 88 year-old family friend with very rare email and print assistance. My own logs indicate that I used it 2-3 days per month since February and the sessions were typically 5-20 minutes.

Sending these letters apparently at random to even the most light-ended personal users and demanding a tedious process of printing, filling out, scanning and then emailing back a paper does not bode well for this company's overall public perception.

Posted by vanderhaegenbar
Electron

Suspected commercial usage...

Apparently Teamviewer is considering I'm using the software in a commercial use.  I'm using it very regularly, but this is to perform daily tasks on the computer of my wife to support her in her daily work. This is of course unpaid and has no commercial purpose at all... : I will not be charging my wife for helping her out with her pc....????

I've filled out the form but I'm wondering how long this will take before I can again use Teamviewer properly...

Posted by FrodeE
Henagon

commercial use detected after upgrade of Teamviewer

Why is it that every time I do an upgrade of my Teamviewer program I am again and again accused of using the software commercially when I already on previous versions am accepted as a personal user? I am running teamviewer for the most on 2 computers sitting next to each other to avoid having a desk full of keyboards.....

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Re: Suspected commercial usage...

For me it took five weeks.

Posted by Maximiliann
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I have been using Teamviewer just fine for literally over a year. Suddenly I am receiving timeouts and refusal to connect. I connect to only 1 single machine and this machine is in the same private house as me. I rarely connect from outside, usually I connect via LAN.

Now, I can only connect to it for 1 minute before being timed out and told I must wait 10 minutes to reconnect. This is absolutely disgusting, I can't believe that Teamviewer would be so victimising as to do this. This is completely unacceptable and the notion of filing in a form to wait weeks to be 'unblocked' is outrageous.

I will no longer be using Teamviewer and I will switch to a competitor that doesn't bully their free customers. If Teamviewer wants to be like this, I suggest they tell customers in advance that if they are suspected of commercial usage then they will be victimised and bullied to the point where they cannot use Teamviewer without forking over a load of cash for something they simply do not need. 

Re: commercial use detected after upgrade of Teamviewer

Hi @FrodeE,

Thankyou for your post.

Based on your case, kindly visit the page TeamViewer Commercial Use Suspected and resubmit the requests for both IDs please. So we may look at both TeamViewer IDs again.

Hi @Maximiliann 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please check which versions you use on both sides? Please make sure to use TeamViewer version 14 on both devices. 

If you are already on version 14, it might be helpful to uninstall TV14 on both sides and reinstall it. If this does not help, the only way is to fill in the "Commercial Use Suspected" form. 

Thank you very much in advance and have a great start into the new week. 

All the best, 
Natascha

Posted by Quinebeesje
Electron

from private to commercial problem

I have been using team viewer for several years.
I use this system to transfer data from one private computer to another
suddenly the report appeared a few days ago.
Commercial Use suspected/detected:
I only use Teamviewer privately and I can't use it commercially because I don't have a business of my own
Since then, team viewer no longer works.
what is going on.
How can I solve this

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

As a long-time, 10+ year free user who uses the product simply to remote into my second PC and start music playlists, I will be ceasing all use and recommendations of this product. The horrible customer support experience I encountered after trying to reach out and resolve the email I received about being suspected of commercial use has convinced me that TeamViewer is not running an ethical business any longer.

Three times in rapid succession, the sales department attempted to persuade me to divulge my personal phone number so that they could attempt to sell me the product. After telling them no each time, they replied within milliseconds with an intricate and long sentence, indicating that they are simply following screen prompts asking if the customer agreed to allow them to call or not - or worse they are a bot.

The rather large company at which I am employed currently uses the commercial version of TeamViewer, and when time comes to renew the license, I, being solely in charge of such decisions, will be sure we decline and find another product, as superior products are now on the market at competitive pricing.

Let me leave a friendly warning that if you do not take this kind of feedback seriously, revise your customer service policies, and stop **bleep**ing off your free users - who are your BIGGEST ADVOCATES mind you - you will see dramatic losses in renewed and future sales in addition to establishing a horrible reputation from which it will be nearly impossible to recover consumer confidence.

The choice is yours to make TeamViewer. I know if it were my call, I'd stop the bleeding now and make apologies. The internet never forgets.