Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Re: TV12 for private,not more priceless?

Hi petestrash, 

Thank you for your post. 

If your trial licence has expired, please have a look at the following Knowledge Base article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
Posted by petestrash
Henagon

Re: TV12 for private,not more priceless?

Thank you, I have now followed that process.

Posted by sallyp55
Photon

Switch to Personal version.

Is there anyway to switch from the business trial version to the personal free version, I accidently hit the business trial version when I downloaded the software.

thanks Sally

Posted by FA
Photon

Re: The trial period has expired!

Any busdy is there to help me...!! koi hai ???

I am having the same problem.  Please keep me posted as to your success! koi hai jo meri help kre.. main aap ka bhot bhot shuker guzaaar honga.

FA

Posted by peterlee
Henagon

Re: how to downgrade license from commercial trial to non-commercial?

Hi Esther
I submitted the form last week. I would like to know yhere is any updayes.
Thanks
Peter
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

RE: COMMERCIAL USE

Hi @Andreu

Thank you for your post. Please have a look at this article here

Cheers

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by Muru77
Henagon

'Commercial use detected'

What do I get in touch with? Suspected of commercial use, actually is not because windows 10 update changed machine networks to the public. To be converted to private, is private use

Highlighted
Former Staff

Re: 'Commercial use detected'

Dear Muru77, 

Thank you for your post!

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base Article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of commercial use and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

All the best,

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
1 Reply
Posted by Muru77
Henagon

Re: 'Commercial use detected'

Thanks

Posted by eitanmiz
Electron

Re-install teamviewer for professional use, after mistakely install as business use.

I checked team-viewer for businsess use and find it unupropiate for my configuration (teamviewer 12).

Still, I need to use as a client (and I don't anyone will control my own machine, but I indeed want to access remote computer, which support that).

I see that install again for professional use is impossible, since the teamviewer program always indicate I am using trial version with days of expiration.

How, eventually, I re-install teamviewer for professional use, after mistakely install as business use.

Posted by jamessutton
Digon

Re: Switch to Personal version.

Hi @sallyp55

To do his you will have to fully uninstall teamveiwer and install it again using the setup which can be obtained from the official website.

Hope to have helped,

James

Posted by JD_PBX
Digon

Re: Switch to Personal version.

Ensure you checkmark the "Remove all settings" option when doing the uninstall, or it will pick it back up when you reinstall.

Posted by Mahero100
Digon

Ticket ID: 3206560

Sirs

I had free personal licence for more than 1 year .. & had used it maybe 2 or 3 times since i intsalled last year .. before 2 weeks Teamviewer asked for update by mistake checked commercial use :smileysad: when i log now its says Trial expired.. :smileyfrustrated: someone can help me  :smileysad:

Senior Moderator

RE: Ticket ID: 3206560

Hi @Mahero100

Thank you for your post. Your request is in progress in our ticketsystem.
Unfortunately, the community is unable to provide a solution. 

The processing time for private tickets can take up to 30 days after receipt. 

Please do have a little patience :smileyhappy: We will take care of your concern.

Best regards

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by phanhanh
Photon

Change Teamviewer version 12 Company to version Personal

Dear Support Teamviewer I use Teamview do support my friends I have mistake setup Teamviewer version 12 Company on my laptop Win xp. And now this version has expired Please guide me change to version personal. I want use version Free Many thanks

Former Staff

Re: Change Teamviewer version 12 Company to version Personal

Dear phanhanh, 

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of expired trial versions and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Katharina

Posted by ExcessiveNerve
Photon

False Positive Commercial Usage

nevermind

Posted by Mahero100
Digon

Re: RE: Ticket ID: 3206560

Hi @Reyhan

kindly 30 days is too long time.. to jsut verify my logs :smileysad:..

realy your fast action is highly apreciated :smileyhappy:

Regards

Posted by WayneSinclair
Henagon

Where to set idle timeout

Hi,

My Teamviewer sessions is timing  out after 5 minutes. There is no Advanced option in the Extras menu. How can I change the idle timeout?Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 8.18.54 AM.png

Thanks

Senior Moderator

Dear @Mahero100

Thank you for your fast reply. 

That well may be, but I hope you will understand that due to the large number of enquiries, our paying customers have priority over free users.

30 days is an estimated time frame. You may of course receive your reply much sooner than that, but we do not want to make promises we cannot keep. :smileywink:

Thanks for your patience and your understanding!

Reyhan

Reyhan
Posted by yjyap9899
Henagon

My teamviewer trial period has expired

Hello,I've installed TeamViewer on my new laptop and, by mistake, I have probably selected other licence than personal one because now I'm getting an error: Your trial period has expired!Unsinstalling TeamViewer and reinstalling with a personal licence won't work (it gives me same licence expiration message. Could you help me solving this issue and using again TeamViewer, please?I am a private person and only use TeamViewer with my personnal computers.No comercial use.

Please help me ! Many Thanks

Former Staff

Re: My teamviewer trial period has expired

Dear yiyap9899,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of expired trial versions and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Katharina

Posted by kalouari
Electron

Re: Your trial period has expired!

I have received an email to say my licence has been changed back to personal but after uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting, i am still receiving a message that the Trial period has expired.

Senior Moderator

Re: Where to set idle timeout

Hi WayneSinclair

There is no Idle timeout of 5 minutes, only 30 minutes and above. If you are being logged out after 5 minutes, this means that you have either been detected for commercial use or you have an expired trial.

Please see the main post above.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by GregCarmack
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Hello!  I'm trying to understand after years of using TeamViewer to help family and close friends fix their Windows problems ,why it flagged me for possible commerrcial use and then gave me a trial version which has now timed out while trying to connect to help my elderly mother with her email?

I volunteer in Microsoft Community to help others and have been awarded the Microsoft MVP for eight years.  My expertise is installation and troubleshooting.  I do not use Teamviewer for my volunteer work in forums except in the rarest case for the most deserving disabled  who cannot complete repair steps on their own.  There has never been any commercial use of TeamViewer.

In return I highly recommend TeamViewer to others and have led the way in firmly establishing TeamViewer as superior to Windows' own Remote Access.  I have always respected the personal use restriction and feel that this has unjustly flagged me for commercial use when you can clearly investigate and see through my connections that they are all to the same private friends and family members. 

Posted by Mahero100
Digon

Hi @Reyhan 

Thank you Teamviewer i got my free personal licence again ... all the best ..

Posted by tkmasoka
Henagon

Hi All

I have tried uninstalling my team-viewer and re-installing but still get a message Your trial period has expired.

Can anyone please help me...................?

Posted by Mahero100
Digon

Hi @tkmasoka

Dear maybe you installed the comercial version ..

regards

Posted by tkmasoka
Henagon

Hi

I installed the Personal Use version.

Regards

Posted by FLKaraoke
Digon

I had this same problem. It was introduced with v12 of Teamviewer and via the built updater. There was a popular thread about this months ago that I don't know was ever resolved. I had a perfectly funntioning system that I used to access my home systems from my work PC for a year or more. Under v12 I added my mother's system to the account and it worked for XX amount of time. Then it would always time out after I think 5 minutes.

Nobody ever posted a resoltuion that I know of other than to suggest perhaps we users did something wrong.....SMH

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Free expires suddenly?

I use TV for personal use and have had the Free version for 2 years or more without a htich, but today I just saw a new message pop up on my computer that I remote into that says Free version expires in 3 days.  If it is the free version, with no expiration, why does it say it expires in 3 days? (today is June 5).  Is this some type of glitch?  Is there a fix?  Thank you, Walt

Posted by Olloboy
Henagon

Commercial use

I accidentally clicked on commercial use when installing TV 12 on my laptop and now I cant use it, on my desktop I selected personal use and it works okay. How can I change my "license" from commercial to personal use? 

Thanks

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: Commercial use

To fix this you will need to contact TeamViewer Support. 

There is an article about this here :

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-commercia...

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by TomM
Photon

Re: Trial period expired

@Reyhan wrote:

Dear Dan,

salvation comes...:smileyhappy:

Reyhan I am having the same issue please help.

Posted by izzy10
Henagon

Account Status

Hi all,

First of all i am personal user. I got lots of friend which i am giving support to them. For the last days, the when i triy to connect to my partners the app says that commercial usage suspect and the session ll be closed in 5 minutes. As i said i am personal user, not business user. So how can i fixed this?

Posted by zatone
Electron

I got my account changed from free user to business. Need help changing it back.

Hi, I was contacting support from TeamViewer and I was sent here to request a reset on my accounty back to free user. Since it changed to business. So if any moderator here can lend me a hand it will be great.

Posted by mastro
Henagon

LICENCE EXPIRED

I made a mistake when I install the teamviewer application. My installation was business usage. But now, I would like to cancel this installation and use teamviewer in private usage.

Could you please erase from you database my access with commercial usage.

here iis my email : [email address removed]

Thanks in advance from your support.

Pascal. 

Posted by SleeplessPoet
Henagon

New feature: policies removal

So I'm a free license user, tried calling them but they don't help users with three licenses over the phone. My problem is,I accidentally clicked on the new policies feature trial and I don't want to have it, how do I remove it?

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: New feature: policies removal

The trial will run out and it will be a moot point then. Other than contacting Sales to ask them to end the trial I am unaware of any option beyond that.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by skorpinok
Photon

Trail Period Expired is there a way to revert to free version ?

While installing installing team viewer 12 i accidently clicked commercial use, i thought like all softwares i can revert to free version once trial period expires, now i came to know i have to fill up a form bla bla bla... and then wait 30 days to get it fixed or what ? this really not a nice feautre in TV kindly please suggest a fix. 

Regards

skorpinok

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: Trail Period Expired is there a way to revert to free version ?

Unfortunately short of paying for a license the option is to contact TeamViewer and go through the process they outline. They are a business and they are trying to make money to fund the amazing product they produce. The fact that they let people use it for free for non-comercial use in my opinion is amazing and the fact that they go through the effort of policing the free users for people who are not following the rules makes sense. 

I have often thought they should have a lower tier for personal use that costs money, but I suspect that the cost to support those users would be more than the business users. Hense why they only offer forum based support for their free users.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by Carl54
Photon

I agree, be nice if they charged a small fee for personal use. I would pay instant.  For the once a month I use it for a few minutes price is just too much.  With all that said, I have not be able to set up free on my new windows10 PC and TV12 .  I am confused out you get it for free. I tried removing and installing a few times. Missing something.

Carl

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

You will need to reach out to TeamViewer and explain to them that you are not using it commercially but selected it by mistake. They will then fix it on your account. You might try hitting up one of the Mods on the forum here. They are very friendly and helpful with this stuff IMO.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by No0btastic
Henagon

Trial period expired

I am a private person and have used Teamviwer for many years only to help close friends and my parents with PC issues.

Recently i bought a new laptop which i use for work to write my reports but i use the same laptop for teamviwer. My work has nothing to do with computers so i am not using this sorftware for other then private use.

I keep getting a trial period expired pop up every time i open the program. Are Teamviewer now charging private people or did i by mistake select commercial version during installing process ?

If it is still free for private use can some from TECH please fix this ?

Posted by SleeplessPoet
Henagon

Re: New feature: policies removal

Cheers

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

TeamViewer is still free for personal use. My guess would be when you installed you selected work or both when it asked what you use it for. It happens to alot of people. You will need to reach out to TeamViewer or a Mod on this forum to get them to set your account as a personal account again.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by No0btastic
Henagon

I am fully aware of reaching out to teamviewer but i assumed it was here i had to do it ?

If not here then where else do i contact them ?

Posted by gsaverino
Henagon

I'm using Teamwiever for private use but license expired on this XP computer...

Hi, 

I have had dozens of issues with the free version of TeamViewer timing out on me.  I use it to help my family members and love the tool when it works great.  I believe that I have accidently at times installed TeamViewer but when I select unattended access, it somehow flags that it is no longer the free version and now the license expired on this XP computer....

I'm still using teamwiever to help friends or family members...

What can I do to uninstall this version, download another one and install it on this XP computer ?

Thanks for your consideration.

Posted by mittcross
Photon

business license to personal license

hi ,

i have tried a trial of the business teamviewer and now i wanted to keep using it as personal . i have tried to delete but always gives me problems and i need the business key, i cant find any solutions on how to switch back to free/personal use??

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: business license to personal license

You'll need to contact sales or a Mod on this forum to get your account converted.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com