Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• yjyap9899
    yjyap9899 Posts: 1

Hello,I've installed TeamViewer on my new laptop and, by mistake, I have probably selected other licence than personal one because now I'm getting an error: Your trial period has expired!Unsinstalling TeamViewer and reinstalling with a personal licence won't work (it gives me same licence expiration message. Could you help me solving this issue and using again TeamViewer, please?I am a private person and only use TeamViewer with my personnal computers.No comercial use.

Please help me ! Many Thanks

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Dear yiyap9899,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base Article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of expired trial versions and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Katharina

• kalouari
    kalouari Posts: 1

I have received an email to say my licence has been changed back to personal but after uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting, i am still receiving a message that the Trial period has expired.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    edited March 2021

Hi all,

Read my Blog article to find more information about Commercial usage and the link to request the reset of your TeamViewer usage:

👇

👉Click here for more info👈

Further articles:

Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

What is commercial use?

👉 Request your reset here 👈

📌 Please be aware that this is NOT an issue that can be resolved in the community. Posting messages about commercial usage will not help to get the reset. For getting a reset you need to fill out the form.

📌 Please keep in mind that the message you receive can also state "Session Time Out" or similar, but still refers to the commercial usage suspicion.

📌 Please be informed that the Community team is merging all posts about this topic underneath this post. We are doing this to make sure that users finding the right information quickly when using the search function.

If you are using TeamViewer for your employment or in a business setting, please contact our sales department to find out how your company can benefit from using TeamViewer!

See also: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/pricing/commercial-use/

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi WayneSinclair

There is no Idle timeout of 5 minutes, only 30 minutes and above. If you are being logged out after 5 minutes, this means that you have either been detected for commercial use or you have an expired trial.

Please see the main post above.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Hello!  I'm trying to understand after years of using TeamViewer to help family and close friends fix their Windows problems ,why it flagged me for possible commerrcial use and then gave me a trial version which has now timed out while trying to connect to help my elderly mother with her email?

I volunteer in Microsoft Community to help others and have been awarded the Microsoft MVP for eight years.  My expertise is installation and troubleshooting.  I do not use Teamviewer for my volunteer work in forums except in the rarest case for the most deserving disabled  who cannot complete repair steps on their own.  There has never been any commercial use of TeamViewer.

In return I highly recommend TeamViewer to others and have led the way in firmly establishing TeamViewer as superior to Windows' own Remote Access.  I have always respected the personal use restriction and feel that this has unjustly flagged me for commercial use when you can clearly investigate and see through my connections that they are all to the same private friends and family members. 

• Mahero100
    Mahero100 Posts: 4

Hi @Reyhan 

Thank you Teamviewer i got my free personal licence again ... all the best ..

• tkmasoka
    tkmasoka Posts: 2

Hi All

I have tried uninstalling my team-viewer and re-installing but still get a message Your trial period has expired.

Can anyone please help me...................?

• Mahero100
    Mahero100 Posts: 4

Hi @tkmasoka

Dear maybe you installed the comercial version ..

regards

• tkmasoka
    tkmasoka Posts: 2

Hi

I installed the Personal Use version.

Regards

• FLKaraoke
    FLKaraoke Posts: 7 ✭✭

I had this same problem. It was introduced with v12 of Teamviewer and via the built updater. There was a popular thread about this months ago that I don't know was ever resolved. I had a perfectly funntioning system that I used to access my home systems from my work PC for a year or more. Under v12 I added my mother's system to the account and it worked for XX amount of time. Then it would always time out after I think 5 minutes.

Nobody ever posted a resoltuion that I know of other than to suggest perhaps we users did something wrong.....SMH

• wrswaim
    wrswaim Posts: 19

I use TV for personal use and have had the Free version for 2 years or more without a htich, but today I just saw a new message pop up on my computer that I remote into that says Free version expires in 3 days.  If it is the free version, with no expiration, why does it say it expires in 3 days? (today is June 5).  Is this some type of glitch?  Is there a fix?  Thank you, Walt

• Olloboy
    Olloboy Posts: 1

I accidentally clicked on commercial use when installing TV 12 on my laptop and now I cant use it, on my desktop I selected personal use and it works okay. How can I change my "license" from commercial to personal use? 

Thanks

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

To fix this you will need to contact TeamViewer Support. 

There is an article about this here :

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-commercially/m-p/8284

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • TomM
    TomM Posts: 1

@Reyhan wrote:

Dear Dan,

salvation comes...:smileyhappy:

Reyhan I am having the same issue please help.

• izzy10
    izzy10 Posts: 1

Hi all,

First of all i am personal user. I got lots of friend which i am giving support to them. For the last days, the when i triy to connect to my partners the app says that commercial usage suspect and the session ll be closed in 5 minutes. As i said i am personal user, not business user. So how can i fixed this?

• zatone
    zatone Posts: 1

Hi, I was contacting support from TeamViewer and I was sent here to request a reset on my accounty back to free user. Since it changed to business. So if any moderator here can lend me a hand it will be great.

• mastro
    mastro Posts: 1

I made a mistake when I install the teamviewer application. My installation was business usage. But now, I would like to cancel this installation and use teamviewer in private usage.

Could you please erase from you database my access with commercial usage.

here iis my email : [email address removed]

Thanks in advance from your support.

Pascal. 

• So I'm a free license user, tried calling them but they don't help users with three licenses over the phone. My problem is,I accidentally clicked on the new policies feature trial and I don't want to have it, how do I remove it?

• bartlanz

The trial will run out and it will be a moot point then. Other than contacting Sales to ask them to end the trial I am unaware of any option beyond that.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • skorpinok
    skorpinok Posts: 1

While installing installing team viewer 12 i accidently clicked commercial use, i thought like all softwares i can revert to free version once trial period expires, now i came to know i have to fill up a form bla bla bla... and then wait 30 days to get it fixed or what ? this really not a nice feautre in TV kindly please suggest a fix. 

Regards

skorpinok

• bartlanz

Unfortunately short of paying for a license the option is to contact TeamViewer and go through the process they outline. They are a business and they are trying to make money to fund the amazing product they produce. The fact that they let people use it for free for non-comercial use in my opinion is amazing and the fact that they go through the effort of policing the free users for people who are not following the rules makes sense. 

I have often thought they should have a lower tier for personal use that costs money, but I suspect that the cost to support those users would be more than the business users. Hense why they only offer forum based support for their free users.

Bart Lanzillotti
  • Carl54
    Carl54 Posts: 1

I agree, be nice if they charged a small fee for personal use. I would pay instant.  For the once a month I use it for a few minutes price is just too much.  With all that said, I have not be able to set up free on my new windows10 PC and TV12 .  I am confused out you get it for free. I tried removing and installing a few times. Missing something.

Carl

• bartlanz

You will need to reach out to TeamViewer and explain to them that you are not using it commercially but selected it by mistake. They will then fix it on your account. You might try hitting up one of the Mods on the forum here. They are very friendly and helpful with this stuff IMO.

Bart Lanzillotti
  • I am a private person and have used Teamviwer for many years only to help close friends and my parents with PC issues.

Recently i bought a new laptop which i use for work to write my reports but i use the same laptop for teamviwer. My work has nothing to do with computers so i am not using this sorftware for other then private use.

I keep getting a trial period expired pop up every time i open the program. Are Teamviewer now charging private people or did i by mistake select commercial version during installing process ?

If it is still free for private use can some from TECH please fix this ?

• Cheers

• bartlanz

TeamViewer is still free for personal use. My guess would be when you installed you selected work or both when it asked what you use it for. It happens to alot of people. You will need to reach out to TeamViewer or a Mod on this forum to get them to set your account as a personal account again.

Bart Lanzillotti
  • I am fully aware of reaching out to teamviewer but i assumed it was here i had to do it ?

If not here then where else do i contact them ?

• gsaverino
    gsaverino Posts: 1

Hi, 

I have had dozens of issues with the free version of TeamViewer timing out on me.  I use it to help my family members and love the tool when it works great.  I believe that I have accidently at times installed TeamViewer but when I select unattended access, it somehow flags that it is no longer the free version and now the license expired on this XP computer....

I'm still using teamwiever to help friends or family members...

What can I do to uninstall this version, download another one and install it on this XP computer ?

Thanks for your consideration.

• mittcross
    mittcross Posts: 1

hi ,

i have tried a trial of the business teamviewer and now i wanted to keep using it as personal . i have tried to delete but always gives me problems and i need the business key, i cant find any solutions on how to switch back to free/personal use??