Teamviewer 12 MSI installing free version

Raj
Raj Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have used below link for downloading Teamviewer 12 MSI after providing License number

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/msi/

Downloaded MSI is installing free verion in place of license version. Teamviewer 11 MSI installation working without any issue. We are facing this challage with Teamviewer 12 MSI. Please help.

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your post!

The MSI will not install the licenced version automatically as we reccoemend that the corporate licence is utilised using licenced accounts to log in. Also please note that only one side of a connection needs to be licenced.

If you would like to roll out the software with the licence imbedded, this is done with a .reg file included in the same folder as the MSI.

To create the .reg file, on a PC with the settings you would like to duplicate please go to "Extras" > "Options" > "advanced" > "export options to a *.reg file" (This is right at the bottom) and export.

Save the file as "TeamViewer_Settings.reg" and after you have selected save, you will have the option to choose which settings to export as well as the option to include a remote access password and licence key. Please enter the licence key including hyphens (Long key beggining with 09-) and click save. Pleace this in the folder with your MSI.

This will add the licence key automatically to any installs of the software.

I hope this answers your question!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Raj
    Raj Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks Scotty,

When I try to follow shared steps ("Extras" > "Options" > "advanced") for exporting reg file than I am getting password prompt. Could you Please assist How I can proceed and export registry file.

Regards

Raj Khanna

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Raj,

Could you possibly post a screenshot of your screen when the password prompt appears so that myself and the community can see what you are looking at?

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?