Teamviewer 12 incorrectly reporting AVG as being inactive or out of date

Teamviewer 12 keeps reporting AVG antivirus as being inactive/or out of date on a remote computer. The AVG is up to date and is active. Didn't have this issue with her computer until recently. Have scanned the remote computer with her AVG and no issues found.

Best Answer

Answers

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

What version of AVG are you using? I am using AVG across my company and many of our customers and am not having this issue.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • waltherj
    waltherj Posts: 5

I only use Teamviewer for friends and family since retiring. My cousin has been using AVG for years and I had her install Teamviewer when her ISP went to IPV6 which my provider doesn't support so couldn't use remote desktop anymore. Haven't had an issue with this untill about a month ago when Teamviewer started saying her antivirus was inactive/ or not up to date. It is software version 17.4.3014  and it was just updated. It shows that her computer is protected.

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

While I see that this is an issue, let me ask the obvious question. Do you want to monitor the status of these things for her? If not I would just click on the machine then acknowledge the notification.  

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • waltherj

I did this but it still gives me the warning yellow triangle. I am considering having her reinstall Teamviewer to see what that does. Will let you know one way or the other. I just like to find out why. Thanks for your replies.

• waltherj

Well reinstalled but didn't make any difference so did as you said and unchecked the  "integrated health checks" to get rid of the warning symbol. I know it was no big deal since I know the antivirus was OK but being a computer techy it was bugging me. Thank you for your response. :)

• Came across this as having the same issue with Sophos with Teamviewer monitored machines, how is the right answer and fix to just disable monitoring? If there is an issue with Teamviewer then this needs investigating and resolving, that's like using a sledgehammer to take a stone out of a tyre.  Ridiculous answer.

• Drat
    Drat Posts: 1

Definitely agree on that. It's silly to have to disable these warnings completely.

My dad's PC, an old all-in-one thing running Vista, shows both Firewall and AV are inactive or out of date. It's running Eset Internet Security. It's been doing this since at least a couple major versions of TV back.

• Iamnotanumber
    Iamnotanumber Posts: 15 ✭✭

Merry Christmas to All. I had a similar problem on my X360 win 10 64 Pro/Defender antivirus/Zemana AntiLogger. My problem was the same Antivirus/out of date warning. I followed the procedure given here &  I unticked the 'Enable integrated system health checks'. The error immediately disappeared. I went back after an hour or so and then placed the tick back in the same box. I have not encountered a repeat warning since...