Teamviewer 12 on OSX 10.11.5 - daily occurrences of "Previously Encountered A Problem"

I use a Windows PC mostly, but I also have a Mac Mini I use once or twice a day. I frequently can't connect to the Mac -- Teamviewer on Windows can see it, and it says connecting, but it never finishes.

When I actually put a head on the Mac, Teamviewer always has an OSX error about having "Previously encountered a problem".

I tried uninstalling as suggested suggested on this forum, but when I reinstalled TeamViewer came up logged in, so obviously I haven't completely removed all the app data. Is that the next step here? Or can come someone advise me or look at my logs?

Thanks! 

Comments

• MikeF
    MikeF Posts: 5

This continues to happen daily, and as you can all see, TeamViewer Support has been SUPER helpful :smileymad:

Can anyone recommend an alternative to TeamViewer? My only requirements are:

- Allows remote access without crashing EVERY SINGLE DAY

- Has tech support that exists 

Thanks! 

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi MikeF,

Thanks for your post!

The Community is meant for TeamViewer users to help each other. Sorry you never received a response to your original post.

You said: "When I actually put a head on the Mac, Teamviewer always has an OSX error about having "Previously encountered a problem".

Does this mean you are installing TeamViewer on the Mac without having a monitor attached?

I am looking forward to your response.

Jonathan

• MikeF

> Does this mean you are installing TeamViewer on the Mac without having a monitor attached?

There's an HDMI cable connected to it, but my monitor is generally running off a different source.

So yes, I would guess from the Mac's perspective, it seems like there's no monitor attached.

• MikeF

Any more ideas/questions Jonathan?

• MikeF

What are some good apps I can use since Teamviewer has hundreds of people complaining about this issue across the internet and obviously has no interest in fixing it. 

Just to be clear, here are my steps for helpful folks at Teamviewer:

1. Start Teamviewer on Mac
    2. Start Teamview on PC
    3. Try to connect to Mac -- everything works great! 
    4. Disconnect from the Mac
    5. Try to reconnect to the Mac - Authentication Rejected 
    6. Unhook my monitor and connect it to the Mac EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
    7. Dismisss the "Teamviewer Had An Error" Message
    8. Reconnect monitor to PC
    9. Teamviewer connects to Mac without issue
    10. Disconnect from Mac 
    11. Repeat from step 5 
    12. Weep