Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by Andrewt81
Digon

Teamviewer: Commercial use

Good Morning,

i use teaviewer to manage my  private remote observatory.

This morning it returns the message i cannot connect because the destination is used for commercial purposes.. but this is not true because is my private Windows 2008 Server i use to manage the observatory. How to solve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Andrewt81
Digon
Solution

Re: Teamviewer: Commercial use

Ok,
Need to move to a product with a more clear EULA, a personal license is different from a commercial license regardless the operating system you choose
7 Replies
Posted by iainwels
Pentagon

Hello Andrewt81,

I think that when you are trying to connect to a server it thinks it is gonna be used for business because a 99 of the 100 people do not have server for personal use... 

A teamviewer business account is not all that expensive 32 euro's a month 
https://www.teamviewer.com/pricing/

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using teamviewer!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
Posted by Andrewt81
Digon

Not interested in a commercial License, i'm in 1% who use Server OS for personal use and as stated in License Agreement i want my free account. Nowhere is written that operating system is a requirement from free to commercial.

Who i need to contact to restore my regular free license?

Highlighted
Posted by iainwels
Pentagon

Hello Andrewt81,

I've fact checked myself, and it is correct that you'll need to buy a licence to get a connection with a server. The only thing that you can do if you want to connect to a server is buy a licence... I am sorry but there is nothing that i can do that helps youy solve this issue! I am sorry.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using teamviewer.

Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff

Hi Andrewt81,

Thanks for your post's!

@iainwels thanks for your help on this one.

@Andrewt81, please have a look at the following article, and notice in the first paragraph it says "Alternatively your machine runs a Windows Server operating system, classifying usage as commercial automatically"

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

If you are indeed using TeamViewer on a server, this will require a license.

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by Andrewt81
Digon
Solution

Ok,
Need to move to a product with a more clear EULA, a personal license is different from a commercial license regardless the operating system you choose
Posted by iainwels
Pentagon

Hello Andrewt81,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going to another product! I hope that you will find something that will suit you're description.

Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
Posted by truckdriver
Henagon

i have THIS problem too,always will be ok and now Commercial USE! WHY? If Administration of TeamViewer dont fix my account,i will uninstall TV( and install Ammy Admin!