Teamviewer Website Blocked

This is the only way anywhere on your site for me to contact you about this... not a question, I simply want to inform you...

Are you aware your site is identified as 'used by scammers' and all connection is blocked by TalkTalk's ScamBlocker Service?

This also leads to no connection between my devices being possible.

Comments

• Are you not going to bother acknowledging this?

I don't know why I went to the trouble of trying to assist.

For your information, TeamViewer is still blocked as SPAM by TalkTalk.

• DaveG76
    DaveG76 Posts: 1

You might want to search the internet on 'TalkTalk false positive' without the quotes. Many people are having trouble reaching, apparently, almost anything.

• AxelSchmidt
    AxelSchmidt Posts: 3 [Former Staff]

Thanks for your post!

This block has been brought about by TalkTalk to address the massive issue they have with scammers, who are abusing remote support software to defraud unsuspecting people. This block affects all major remote access providers, and is nothing TeamViewer specific.

The good news is you can remove it fairly easy by adjusting the settings in your TalkTalk account. The official TalkTalk documentation on how to do that is available at: https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/online-security/how-turn-homesafe

Another option is to call the TalkTalk support and ask them to remove it for you.

• NicWright
    NicWright Posts: 1

Teamviewer sent me a GDPR email but I could not respond because TalkTalk Homesafe Scam Protection blocks the teamviewer.com webiste.

I contacted TalkTalk's support and the response was:
    11:58, Jun 6
    Aehronshem: I see. TeamViewer is a cross-platform application that allows you to remotely connect to any computers, laptops and mobiles instantly over the internet. It is also used by scammers to get personal information from TalkTalk customers.Scammers often claim they are from a legitimate company (e.g. Microsoft) and advise customers they have Malware (Malicious Software) on their computers and will offer a solution to fix it that's what this is being blocked by the scam protection settings.
    12:00, Jun 6
    Nic: I understand what Teamviewer is, but HomeSafe stops me communicating legitimately with them. Does Homesafe allow me to allow certain web addresses while protecting me from all other known scammers?
    12:01, Jun 6
    Aehronshem: You can allow teamviewer using the Kidsafe settings.
    12:02, Jun 6
    Nic: Thanks -I'll try that - though I'm 68 and there are no kids anywhere near my computer ever!
    12:03, Jun 6
    Aehronshem: We appreciate customers who let us know when things aren't right. Thanks for caring so much.

This is a better solution because it leaves TalkTalk Homesafe Scam Protection switched on.  Go to Kidsafe.  Delete all bans.  Add Teamviewer as a permtted site.  This overrides TalkTalk Homesafe Scam Protection (for that site only, I hope).