Teamviewer and Windows 10 S

Options

Can teamviewer be installed in windows 10S so that you can remote access to a windows 10S computer?

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,071 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @WmH2,

I am not sure exactly what type of device your mother bought, but if the device allows you to disable the S Mode, after doing it, you should be able to install the full version of TeamViewer to receive and do remote connections again. 

You may consider checking it out.

If it works for you, please share your results with the Community 😄

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• maxshaw
    maxshaw Posts: 1
    Options

It seems that, on Windows 10 S, you can only install the TeamViewer: Remote Control app via the Microsoft Store. This app does not seem to allow incoming connections - you can only use it to take control of other machines. I get that W10S is all about security but this means that W10S is difficult to manage remotely.

• WmH2
    WmH2 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

it looks like this issue has not been properly addressed by the TeamViewer group in over 18 months. My mom just bought a cheap laptop at Walmart... I work in IT and forgot that Win10S was even a thing. My goto app for helping my relatives who live across country is TeamViewer. It looks like I will need to find a different solution. Shame, I have loved using TeamViewer for years.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,071 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @WmH2,

I am not sure exactly what type of device your mother bought, but if the device allows you to disable the S Mode, after doing it, you should be able to install the full version of TeamViewer to receive and do remote connections again. 

You may consider checking it out.

If it works for you, please share your results with the Community 😄

Portuguese Community Moderator

• toddj68
    toddj68 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have now gotten three laptops out of the s mode so team viewer can be installed. These came from wal mart and s mode stops installation of many helpful software applications. Useless overkill to try to make microsoft look like a proprietary apple product.

The s mode team viewer from the ms store useless. I am 74 and a retired engineer and help relatives and friends resolve their computer difficulties, frequently just education on the function of computers. The Team Viewer downloaded free app is the most helpful for familly and friends. I regularly help a blind person from 3000 miles away.

• BryanDuran
    BryanDuran Posts: 1
    Options

I think that if you're able to disableS Mode on the device, you should be able to install the full version of TeamViewer again and get back to remote connecting!You can easily disableS Mode by going to the Microsoft Store and finding the Switch out of S mode option. Once you've done that, you'll be able to install any software you want, including the full version of TeamViewer