Teamviewer hangs while initiating display parameters and found a weird solution

Teamviewer hangs while initiating display parameters and I find a weird solution.
I am using Win10 creator update with Teamviewer 12.1.15924.0.

To solve the issue, I install a remote command line tool.
When Teamviewer hangs while initiating display parameters, I login my remote console and kill explorer.exe.

taskkill -im explorer.exe -f

After this, Teamviewer display my desktop immediately.
After that, I use remote desktop to restart a new explorer.exe.

Of course, restarting explorer means you restarting all your shell and app store applications.
It's very annoyed but I cannot find other way to solve the issue.

Comments

• Raven
    Raven Posts: 23 ✭✭

Hi AllenKK,

I have had similar experiences with TeamViewer, where it will hang whilst initialising display parameters, yet the TeamViewer service is still running quite contentedly on the remote side.  Obviously this is a bind, especially if you are not physically able to get up and move over to the workstation in question to see what the issue is - it doesn't look good when you are on the phone to a client, offering remote support, and their PC needs bouncing before you can get on.

In my experience of this issue, it can crop up whilst mid-session on occasion, in the guise of the "this screen cannot be captured at present" message, which sometimes happens if the end-user gets interrupted by a dialogue box requesting authorisation to affect, typically the installation of a product or similar, as part of the UAC settings on the remote PC.

How are you able to make the connection to activate the remote command-line utility without TeamViewer if you don't mind my asking ?  Obviously I'm not after anything confidential - just ... is this another product you're using ?  Or is it a solution you yourself have improvised ?  I like it for what it's worth - it's an outside the box solution to what would otherwise be a real thorn in your paw !

Cheers,

David.

- Raven
  • AllenKK
    AllenKK Posts: 2

Hi David,

I am using Bitvise SSH server as my remote SSH server. (you can choice unix style SSH console or Windows style command prompt.)
    Actaully, I try to undertand what happens while my teamviewer hanging. Since there is nothing visible from TV (teamviewer), I hope the remote console could help to collect some useful information for the problem.

With remote command, you can also try to restart TV service with sc.exe commands.

sc start TeamViewer
    sc stop TeamViewer
    I treat this as a backup solution for my remote server if TV service is dead again.
    I think the issue is due to conflict with Windows system "duplicator" capture service. When you restart the shell (explorer), you just solve the deadlock problem of the TV background services then it sends back desktop screen immediately. It's very useful solution. I could make TV work again every time.

I hope TV could fix the issue offically. After all, this cannot be a right solution special for the users using store applications.

• Raven
    Raven Posts: 23 ✭✭

Thank you so much AllenKK that is really helpful ! =]

Yes, I agree with you completely, it should not have to be for the end-user and/or support guy to find a workaround, so hopefully TeamViewer will be able to address these connectivity issues permanently, and soon =]

Thanks again - I'm off to test this workaround out ! =D

All the best,

David.

- Raven
  • It might be caused by your IME.

My TV usually is able to show the remote desktop at the first connection attempt, and then the remote explorer.exe will freeze and stop me from doing anything other than closing the connection. And when I try the second time,  TV hangs at "initiating display parameters". If I restart the explorer.exe at the remote machine, TV will start working again.

I was very annoyed with this issue until I removed by third party chinese IME yesterday. Everything has been doing fine for now. It appears that win10 does not work very well with some IMEs.

• fooo
    fooo Posts: 1

This is exactly what is happening to me. Going to install version 11 or 12 instead of 13 and see if it works.  My OS is windows 7 though not 10.  (client is 10 that i'm using to connect to 7)

What did you do to fix it exactly?

• ilcomputer
    ilcomputer Posts: 1
    Works! for me.
  • audymaccop
    audymaccop Posts: 5 ✭✭

@AllenKK wrote:

Teamviewer hangs while initiating display parameters and I find a weird solution.
    I am using Win10 creator update with Teamviewer 12.1.15924.0.

To solve the issue, I install a remote command line tool.
    When Teamviewer hangs while initiating display parameters, I login my remote console and kill explorer.exe.

taskkill -im explorer.exe -f

After this, Teamviewer display my desktop immediately.
    After that, I use remote desktop to restart a new explorer.exe.

Of course, restarting explorer means you restarting all your shell and app store applications.
    It's very annoyed but I cannot find other way to solve the issue.

When you restart the shell (wayfarer), you simply tackle the stop issue of the TV foundation benefits then it sends back work area screen instantly. It's exceptionally helpful arrangement. I could make TV work again unfailingly.