Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by MacTen
Digon

Teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date / no connection anymore !!

Hello,

Teamviewer cutted support for me ( free license) to connect to machines with older teamviewer version installed. I try to connect to some machines running teamviewer v12.0.76279 on linux. Because these system are too far away, i have no option to update teamviewer manually at the moment. I have machines with same software configuration on my local network and I'm still able to connect to these clients per LAN( It is working with v14 /v13 /v12 I can confirm) , But no chance to establish a connection over Internet. Is there any teamviewer version for any OS that is still able to connect to old versions (v12.0.76279) . Please Help !

4 Replies
Posted by bhanu_user
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date / no connection anymore !!

same issue since many months on samsung android. Have samsung host installed but it wont work.

Posted by RoyR
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date / no connection anymore !!

same issue. can;t connect with the machines with linux teamviewer 12.

What is the solution for this? a paid version can connect to the machine with teamviewer

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hi @RoyR @MacTen @bhanu_user 

Thank you all for your posts. 

In your cases I would recommend you to read the following article carefully: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

Please make sure, that you are using the latest TeamViewer version if you are not a license holder. You may update the remote TeamViewer with a policy. Therefore it is necessary that the remote device is assigned to your account. More information about the policies and how to apply them, you'll find in these articles: How do I assign a device to my TeamViewer account? and How to add a new settings policy 

Please let us know if there are any further questions.

Wish all of you a great Friday and a relaxing weekend :)
All the best,
Natascha

1 Reply
Posted by StephenD
Henagon

I'm a free user connecting from TV 14.2.8352 on my PC to an Android phone (used as a Home Automation controller) that has TV Host for Samsung installed,  Although it's currently working I'm getting the update nag every time I connect and all the "learn how" to update information refers to updating TV on a PC, not Host for Samsung on an Android.  My Host for Samsung is the latest version.   (I have 2 Android phones with the same issue.)

What do I do to stop the nag and, more importantly, ensure I can keep connecting?