Teamviewer shows computers offline and not on for hours or days when they have been

Hi, things were fine until I got a new computer and a KVM switch.
https://www.amazon.com/IOCrest-Switch-Audio-Support-SY-KVM20075/dp/B0056HNRPC/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1522614491&sr=1-7&keywords=kvm+switch+dvi

Now it shows them as offline and have been when they aren't and haven't been. As far as I know all of the power settings are to stay on (and the old computer worked before no matter how many hours I hadn't been on that computer.

Comments

• Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Hello quartet-man,

Thanks for posting.
    In regards to the devices indicating an "Offline" status, please check the following settings:
      "Extras" >> "Option" >> "Advanced" tab >> "Advanced settings for Computers and Contacts". 
         Ensure your "Hide online status for this TeamViewer ID" is unchecked.

IF an account is logged in on the target device, ensure "Show as offline" has not been selected for their online status option.

If you are able to do so, please restart the TeamViewer service on both ends to see if the status updates.

Hope this may you to a solution that youre after.

Yuhi

• Thanks, after posting this I went ahead an addd another keyboard and mouse outside of the KVM switch to one computer, but discovered that at some point it appears that maybe my contacts were gone or maybe I didn't have the addded. All I know is at one point I had access to every computer I had added. Now after one update, it shows as recent connections and that is where I see ones I had accessed before, but these two (old and new) showed up in the list, but not active. I added those to to contacts and they showed up. But, the old one twice (once in the recent being offline and once in the contacts showing online. But, I added a password to it (the one to access Teamviewer, and now I have to type that into a thing asking for the pasword showing up on the computer's desktop. I really  wanted to just be able to access it when signed into my Teamviewer account (unattended access, I believe) like I used to.

• GregJohnsonDSM
    GregJohnsonDSM Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have a new computer that goes on and offline all by itself. Multiple times per day. I am trying to find out why. The network connection is solid at the office where it is located. Power is good. Never goes to sleep or hybernates. ??