Teamviewer won't connect via public network with Norton 360

Yesterday I was able to connect via this same network & laptop but today. I get message that Teamviewer is not ready.

I can still connect over Android phone but the small screen makes near useless. The Android phone uses AVAST VPN if that matters.

The laptop is using Norton 360. No VPN but it does protect from network intrusion. Disabling Norton Smart Firewall doesn't help.

I can also chat via Teamviewer web interface.

Best Answer

Answers

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Does it make a differance if you are at home, work or a friends house?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Number1
    Number1 Posts: 6

It's always worked fine from home. I am working from a hospital open network that has caused issues. Strangely enough it worked yesterday so not sure waht's changed. Reboot did nothing.

• Number1

I will try the VPN tonight when I go back to the hospital. 

• bartlanz

Ok cool

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Number1

Avast only makes VPN for phones so my 1st priority was to find a VPN that would cover all my devices. I ended up with VPN unlimited that covers 5 devices. 

Teamviewer works fine with the VPN running so I won;t be renewing my Avast VPN for my phone.

Thanks for your help

• bartlanz

I actually use VPN Unlimited myself! Bought into them when they where first starting up and got two lifetime subscriptions for short money. I usually throw them some money each year when they offer some kind of upgrade, more clients, faster something what ever. Their service has worked very well for me when I have traveled to Europe and Canada and other places, as well as skirting firewalls at the local schools when there for events.

Happy I could! :)

Bart Lanzillotti
  • Number1

VPN Unlimited still offer the lifetime membership for $150. I considered it but who know what we will need in the years ahead. 

• bartlanz

Yea mine was like $30 at most. You'll receive a promo from them at some point to upgrade to lifetime for less $ if you use it go for it. It isnt something I use a ton, but when I need it, I am happy I have it.

Bart Lanzillotti
  • Number1

Thanks for the advice. It seems to work pretty well.