TemViewer 13 goes offline when iMac goes in sleep mode.

I have mooved all my programs and data from my old mac mini to the new iMac using migration toool from macOS. TeamViewer don't work anymore. Once my iMac goes in sleep mode, TM goes offline.

I have already deleted TM many times and installed it again and again. Nothing helps.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Comments

• Surus
    Surus Posts: 2

I have still not resolved this problem. Is anybody who can help me here?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Surus,

To be honest, this is normal and expected behaviour and I am not sure what was happening before.

When devices go to sleep, they generally
    a) Disconnect from the Internet
    and
    b) stop running software

Both of these thing stop TeamViewer from working so there is no way for the software to work when a device is asleep whether MacOS or Windows based.

I am sorry for any confusion.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • I have a similiar issue accept my mac does not goes to sleep but my team view does not open. I double click on it and nothing happens but my screen blinks. I shut it down after the first time running it and it has worked since, I have not been able to get it to run. 

• NilsG
    NilsG Posts: 5

Same here!

is there any way (with TeamViewer) to connect to the iMac althought it is in sleep mode?

thx,

nils

• There's another way by not letting iMac sleep (Energy Saver put to Never), and switching off the iMac screen (put to Black screen) by holding down

Control+Shift+Eject

on your iMac keyboard, this will switch off the iMac screen but still leaving your iMac wide awake (To switch back ON either by using the same keyboard function or move the mouse) consumption of power still applies here. However, this method may deteriorate your iMac lifespan, hence try not to use this method all the time. I only use this method only when I'm away for an overseas **bleep** for 3-5days. Hope this helps.