Too many failed attempts to login attempts

It's a little unclear to me. I tried logging into a remote machine, and now I have to wait 79000 seconds (21.9 days) to login again? Is there a way around this? Can I generate a new password at the machine I want to log into? Will this allow me to login? 

It was a little unclear as to what password I was supposed to use to log in.

best,

fredfx

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi fredfx

Thanks for posting!

That is a VERY long time. Unfortunately though, if you have entered the incorrect password this many times to connect to a device, this lockout cannot be undone, even by us. If you were only attempting this from one device, then it should only be that one device that is locked out of connecting to that machine.

Also, changing the remote password will not reset this timer. Also an uninstall and reinstall will not reset the timer.

I am sorry, but you may have to connect from another device for a while, I am sorry I do not have better news.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • fredfx
    fredfx Posts: 2

I realize security is important, but this is ridiculous. Is this the same with a paid account too?

• How can this be for security??  I attempted to connect a maximum of 8-10 times (not realizing the remote computer's password had changed)  and now I have to wait 4217625 seconds!  This is unacceptable...

• Hello,

Just to let you know, I was considering buying the software since it became useful for me to work recently. Unfortunely it won't happen until such crazy behaviour does not change.

I just clicked ok a bunch of time cause I was thinking the computer was freezing (didnt even changed the password, it was the working saved one). 10 days blocking without any way to remove it ? It it not serious. We should be able to unlock it from machine we want to access.

Obviously I wont buy a new computer and I can't stay stuck like that for such time.
    So now I have 10 days to test your competitors. Will I come back then ?

• I purchased the license and have had nothing but log in problems.  It was the biggest waste of money.  Nothing is clear and spelled out.  Searching for a solution through the community is ridiculous.  What exactly did I pay for?  Will definitely find another software company and will not renew or use team viewer again!

• I tried to connect ONLY ONES this morning and got this huge3 amount of seconds to wait... Other thing - what password should I enter? For that machine I am connecting to? It didn't take it. The password for my group account? It didn't take it too... Very confusing.

Never had this problem with previous version. I just put Version 13 on the new machine My 80 years old mama's I must help, and it forced me to re-install TeamViever on my PC also... It worked one day fine and the next day gave me this problem...

Thanks in advance for your help.

• pjm
    pjm Posts: 1

This is an old thread, just wondering if there is a work around a 4 million second lock out period.

@fredfx wrote:

It's a little unclear to me. I tried logging into a remote machine, and now I have to wait 79000 seconds (21.9 days) to login again? Is there a way around this? Can I generate a new password at the machine I want to log into? Will this allow me to login? 

It was a little unclear as to what password I was supposed to use to log in.

best,

fredfx

• bsavage
    bsavage Posts: 1

This answer is ridiculous. I have the same problem, and 35 days before I can make an attempt again? I haven't even tried to log into this server in months. I can't seem to find a log that shows who is attempting to login and from where. This is a poor excuse for a product that I paid a lot of money for. Shame shame. Useless support, and we have to rely on answers like this? Amazing.

• // this lockout cannot be undone, even by us//

What kind of draconian bullsh!t is this?

OK..I **bleep** up... So you're gonna put me in the corner for 21+ days?

Come on guys... Wake the heck up!   

Don't give me a **bleep** response of "If it's only this one device" because that's just idiotic.

It's quite obvious that you guys haven't thought this through well enough because, if you had, you sould have come up with something that is a little more customer friendly.

We were considering buying this software... but I think that ship has sailed.

... cannot be undone even by us...  

ROFLMAO - you guys have created a monster that even you can't tame.

And you want people to pay $50/month for the privilege of using software that even you can't unlock?

• this is by far the dumbest safety feature a program can have.

many of us are dealing with remote computers with slow or unreliable 4g / 3g etc connections 
    it is so extremely frustrating when you are troubleshooting something and you need to connect to a server that drops out every now and then when you are almost finished this stupid pop up about too many attempts etc.

there is no reason to have this safety feature in the program when all passwords are correct and you are working from a thrusted pc 

• Are You Kidding?

There really is no way around a 2.7 million second lockout? I'm using a paid TV14 and this issue is still not fixed after almost two years?

What is the current official statement regarding this issue?

• Madan97
    Madan97 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am having this issue in Version 15 so it seems its still not fixed, the computer has got a 3.9 million second wait until it can connect again!!!!