URGENT! No more license transfers due to continuous Windows updates (ID changing)

Announcements

Join our TeamViewer Tensor webinar on Dec. 11th  and learn how agile and secure remote work will double your employee productivity and innovation. Sign up here!

Highlighted
Posted by tabulatouch
Photon

URGENT! No more license transfers due to continuous Windows updates (ID changing)

Hello,
I am a long time customer of TeamViewer and recently switched to a Business yearly subscription.
I use 3 devices, 2 windows 1 mobile where I activated my Business account.

Every Windows 10 update, and sometimes also randomly, i get a message that the license is not valid on my pc, so i go to the online profile, delete the previous profile, and activate again.
Today i get a message that i can no longer deactivate/activate the license.
 Please solve the problem, as i need it for work!!!

Best
2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: URGENT! No more license transfers due to continuous Windows updates (ID changing)

Hello @tabulatouch,

Thank you for your post.

When this happens, do you notice the device has a new ID? 

The Business licence comes with 10 licence moves that will allow you to transfer the licence to a new TeamViewer ID if you obtained a new ID on your device or if you switch computers. Usually, the moves would only be required if you replaced hardware in the device or got a newer device. You should not have to re-license a device after each Windows update.

Please reach out to our support team directly so they may further assist you with this; there could be another underlying issue causing the moves to be used more than needed.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!
Posted by tabulatouch
Photon

Re: URGENT! No more license transfers due to continuous Windows updates (ID changing)

Yes it changes the ID.
I sent you a private message.

Thank you