Unable to connect to TeamViewer ID - LAN only

JedenTag
JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

I am using Windows firewall to block all connections except what is required for TeamViewer to properly function and allow connections.  However, even after opening up the required ports according to this web page, I am unable to connect to TeamViewer via the TeamViewer ID.  I can connect via LAN, but not to the TeamViewer ID.  The only way I am able to connect to the TeamViewer ID is if I allow everything through the firewall.

In addition to the below screenshots, I have also done the same thing with ports 80 and 443 at the same time.  But according to the linked web page above, I only need to open up 5938.  This is clearly incorrect, as there is more to it or I would not be having this issue.

I am using TeamViewer 12.

Here are the screenshots showing all relavent information:

Untitled.jpgimage.pngimage.png

Best Answers

Answers

• JedenTag
    JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

An update:

After more testing, it looks like a random Outbound Local UDP port is part of the cause.

1. I allowed UDP/TCP ports 1-55000 through the firewall.  TeamViewer would not connect via TeamViewer ID#.
    2. I allowed UDP/TCP ports 1-65535 through the firewall, then TeamViewer did allow me to connect via TeamViewer ID#.

I looked at the network connections, and seen that TeamViewer.exe is using Local ports UDP 63948 and UDP 60538.

Is there a way to limit TeamViewer to just the 5938 ports?