V12 with corporate license still shows *expired*

Ken261
Ken261 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I upgraded to v12 with a corporate license from an expired v9 commercial trial install.  Even after I logged in to my corporate account, the Help/About still shows expired.  This bugs me because I still get a pop up on occassion saying that my license is expired if it takes a second or two longer for my account to login.

Why doesn't the corporate license fix this?

TV12 license.png

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Ken261,

Thanks for your post.

Licences can be applied 2 ways. To a device or to an account. As your licence is assigned to your account, this licence will only apply while you are logged in. Once you log out, the licence is removed from the device. This way, it can always be tracked who is using the licence and where.

You can activate the licence on the device by copying your licence key from your invoice (long key with hyphens beginning with 09-) and then go to Extras > Activate licence and copy in the key on the device you want to activate. However, this would mean that any connection to or from this computer is licenced.

I hope this helps.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Ken261
    Ken261 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I know this is a very late response, but work got very hectic for a while.  Sorry...

Anyway, I am still having issues with the licensing for Teamviewer.

Even when I am logged in, the Teamviewer window shows my name and "Corporate", but I still get a pop up every time saying that I need to buy a license.

Teamviewer license issue.png

I can accept that it looks unlicensed if I am not logged in, but why doesn't it wait for the log in to complete first (logs in automatically) before annoying me with a pop-up, and why doesn't it fix the "About" screen after logging in?

What can I do to get rid of the pop-ups?  We've already paid for it.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Ken261,

Under "Help" > "About", this will always show as
    Licence: Free
    Account Licence: Corporate

This is because "Licence" is the device Licence, "Account Licence" shows the licence on your account.

You can make the software always licenced by getting the licence key from your invoice (Begins with '09-' ) and then go to extras > Activate licence in the software and activate it here.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?