Announcements

TeamViewer IoT is hiring! Check out the open positions here!

Highlighted
Posted by nevillet
Photon

Verified as private use but cannot use

I had a message that it was suspected I was using Teamviewer commercially and responded that it was only private use. On 23 Feb I received an email that said:

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

I did not try until today to use it, but I receive the same commercial message. If I click OK I get a password window to log into the remote computer. Enter the password, and I see the remote computer but it logs me out in about 10 seconds. I am then blocked for 10 or 15 minutes. I don't seem to be able to contact Teamviewer direct so what do I do?

2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by davmax
Digon

Repeated blocking of Teamviewer

I have found Teamviewer to be an excellent product over >10 years. BUT every 6-12 months it is crippled because I am deemed using it for commercial means. I am not, I am 83 years old and can still help my family and friends. This action appears to be triggeredwhen I take about an hour supporting my sister in the UK. It can take a week or more for Teamviewer to rectify the problem. I have now come to the point that this problem has occurred too often. 

Posted by davmax
Digon

Re: Repeated blocking of Teamviewer

I have discovered that this time I have NOT been blocked for commercial reasons. Apparently Teamviewr has changed so much that all my quick support user friends will be disconnected in 5 minutes because quick support is out of date, in fact when going to update I can find no option to install the latest version, instead the full version only appears to be available. With this installed on the client computer there is no advice that a disconnect will occur in 5 minutes. That is a relief..